ADVERTISEMENT

My Night

riflearm2

Platinum Buffalo
Gold Member
Dec 8, 2004
It was a warm, beautiful evening early in the night in the great state of California. Music was loudly playing, and I was feeling really well. I walked near a gathering, and everybody started cheering wildly. Everybody was happy to see me. I began speaking to the people very strongly, powerfully, and . . . happily, because I was telling everybody about how successful I have been.

It was a good evening.

It was a warm, beautiful evening early in the night in the great state of California. Music was loudly playing, and I was feeling really well. I walked near a gathering, and everybody started cheering wildly. Everybody was happy to see me. I began speaking to the people very strongly, powerfully, and . . . happily, because I was telling everybody about how successful I have been.

It was a good evening.

Bullshit. All bullshit, Pedo-puss.

iu

Reactions: 19MU88
Is this impacting you or localized to fire prone areas?

I believe it was State Farm who dropped me about 1.5 years ago. They claimed to have flown a drone over my property and saw vegetation too close to the structure, which is a potential fire hazard.

Yesterday, I received a renewal notice from my current homeowner's at this property. I just looked, and it looks like a 37% increase from last year. But it still seems very reasonable to me at less than $100 per month.

Reactions: -CarlHungus-
Bullshit. All bullshit, Pedo-puss.
What kind of moron would make the type of comments I copied in my opening post? Who talks like that, and more, what kind of fool would vote for that?

But it still seems very reasonable to me at less than $100 per month.
You pay less than I do and I even provided proof I lived within 300 feet of a fire hydrant. I also bought a fire extinguisher because my company told me doing so would lower rates.

Lib-er-ty . . . Lib-er-ty. Sucks, sucks.

I believe it was State Farm who dropped me about 1.5 years ago. They claimed to have flown a drone over my property and saw vegetation too close to the structure, which is a potential fire hazard.

Yesterday, I received a renewal notice from my current homeowner's at this property. I just looked, and it looks like a 37% increase from last year. But it still seems very reasonable to me at less than $100 per month.

I had state farm for my car theft and it was nice to have their app and good tech for electronic communication, but I was amazed at how bad their overall customer service was.

I have my home, two cars, and an umbrella policy with them and my agent never called me once . they funneled everythig into the corporate office and I had some lady from california at a desk I'd talk to when I needed to talk.

When I get time I'm going to start shopping around for other options.

State Farm and Liberty Mutual are the two worst insurance companies to deal with, and USAA is not far behind. Insurance companies are like Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde.... your best friend in the world when they are signing you up and you are paying your premiums but they will fight you to the death when it is their turn to pay unless they have no choice.

State Farm and Liberty Mutual are the two worst insurance companies to deal with, and USAA is not far behind. Insurance companies are like Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde.... your best friend in the world when they are signing you up and you are paying your premiums but they will fight you to the death when it is their turn to pay unless they have no choice.

I've had State Farm for many years. Great service and have never had any issues. To each their own, I guess.

I've had State Farm for many years. Great service and have never had any issues. To each their own, I guess.

The question is how many claims have you made, what types of claims have you made, and how many claims have been made against you.. State Farm is absolute trash insurance.

I have experienced the same also, but I've heard more people complain about State Farm than any other company.

But then, I've thankfully only used them once for a large claim on my house from storm damage. Several of my neighbors tried submitting claims, even with the same contractor I was using, but only I had SF and got the entire roof replaced with money to boot that I used to pay the contractor for some additional work completely unrelated to the roof/storm damage.

Liberty Mutual

I just filed a complaint with the Utah State Insurance Commissioner's office against them. They are the insurer for a contracting company that I hired nearly two years ago for renovations in a Utah property. Contractor clipped pipe, flooded my place, $10k+ of damage. And no, even though the contractor was installing washer/dryer and working with water pipes, they didn't shut the water off which even amateurs know to do. Company apologizes vehemently, accepts responsibility, and claims they are fully insured and it will be taken care of.

Liberty Mutual, without ever seeing the material used, denied the company's claim to pay me based on "age of the building and/or inadequate material." The building was less than 10 years old, and the piping used for the water that was clipped is standard and widely used CPVC. More, Liberty Mutual never saw the material, never received pictures of it, etc., so they just automatically denied the claim and waited for a suit to be filed so they could try settling for less than the damage amount.

Suddenly, after my complaint to the state, they have a "new agent looking into it" who wants to waste even more of my time for receipts for everything, etc.

No, because I have ethics and morals and don't like smelling body odor and stale cigarettes.
He did one of the best concerts I have ever been to. Played every instrument in the band. Incredibly talented guy.

It's OK. You can afford it, cause, you know, rich.

• Haha
Reactions: 19MU88
The question is how many claims have you made, what types of claims have you made, and how many claims have been made against you.. State Farm is absolute trash insurance.

You may have a point there. I haven't made any huge claims. Just out of curiosity, what insurance company would you recommend? I had Allstate and for the life of me, I can't figure out how they stay in business. Total ripoff.

I just filed a complaint with the Utah State Insurance Commissioner's office against them. They are the insurer for a contracting company that I hired nearly two years ago for renovations in a Utah property. Contractor clipped pipe, flooded my place, $10k+ of damage. And no, even though the contractor was installing washer/dryer and working with water pipes, they didn't shut the water off which even amateurs know to do. Company apologizes vehemently, accepts responsibility, and claims they are fully insured and it will be taken care of.

Liberty Mutual, without ever seeing the material used, denied the company's claim to pay me based on "age of the building and/or inadequate material." The building was less than 10 years old, and the piping used for the water that was clipped is standard and widely used CPVC. More, Liberty Mutual never saw the material, never received pictures of it, etc., so they just automatically denied the claim and waited for a suit to be filed so they could try settling for less than the damage amount.

Suddenly, after my complaint to the state, they have a "new agent looking into it" who wants to waste even more of my time for receipts for everything, etc.

Sounds about right for Liberty Mutual. Unfortunately, many states have done away with or handcuffed third party insurance bad faith rights that kept the insurance companies in check on liability claims.

Erie and Nationwide have always been my favorites to work with. It always seems their goal is to get claims resolved not try to nickel and dime people.

Before my Dad passed, he swore by Erie. I may do some comparisons. Thanks for the info.

Reactions: MStap
One day recently, I added up all the premiums I had paid over the years for auto and home insurance. Then I subtracted what money I had received back for insurance claims. I don’t have to tell you who came out far ahead.

Auto and homeowners insurance are one of the few things where you hope they come out ahead, otherwise, you are seriously hurt or your property is destroyed.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT