ADVERTISEMENT

New Away Uniforms?

Aug 6, 2014
I kind of thought the consensus, at least with people I talked to, is that we were going to be getting new away uniforms to match our home uniforms this season. Seeing as they didn't announce them on media day, what's up with that?

My personal belief is that they're probably going to be using that money to pay for new black uniforms for our "blackout" that's listed this season, but then again, I can totally imagine us messing that up and wearing Kelly Green.

I kind of thought the consensus, at least with people I talked to, is that we were going to be getting new away uniforms to match our home uniforms this season. Seeing as they didn't announce them on media day, what's up with that?

My personal belief is that they're probably going to be using that money to pay for new black uniforms for our "blackout" that's listed this season, but then again, I can totally imagine us messing that up and wearing Kelly Green.

we'll have new whites, they just weren't "announced" at media day because we always wear green on media day.

That and the equipment staff are still putting the finishing touches on them- adding the numerals, conference patches, etc.

In years past they away uniforms always came the season after new home unis were revealed. Maybe we won't have new away this year to make room for the supposed black jerseys coming 11/14?

In years past they away uniforms always came the season after new home unis were revealed. Maybe we won't have new away this year to make room for the supposed black jerseys coming 11/14?

We have to have new away jersey's regardless even if they are exactly the same, like always the players got to keep the white jersey's that we wore in the Boca Bowl last year.

Reactions: Mike Gwinn
That's what I was thinking. Although it surprises me that each player has only one white game jersey issued. I guess the equipment staff has to sort through them before the games to repair them as needed. Also, since almost nobody uses natural turf, there's no risk of grass stains.

Reactions: BleedsGreen33
Also Hamrick promised the team if they won a championship, they would get black uniforms.

he said he'd consider it.

That's what I was thinking. Although it surprises me that each player has only one white game jersey issued. I guess the equipment staff has to sort through them before the games to repair them as needed. Also, since almost nobody uses natural turf, there's no risk of grass stains.

even back when we played on a lot, or more, grass fields, we just had 1 set with several extras in each size for emergencies. if they got grass stained they soaked for a few days, then were washed and washed with some good chemicals until they came clean.

he said he'd consider it.

even back when we played on a lot, or more, grass fields, we just had 1 set with several extras in each size for emergencies. if they got grass stained they soaked for a few days, then were washed and washed with some good chemicals until they came clean.

Yep, back in the old, old days (88-92), we used to put them in a tub with detergent and water on the way the home in the equipment truck to start them soaking. White Way always laundered the unis. Momma Woodrum used to be the seamstress that held everything together during my undergrad days. They even did a special on her during 1992 championship game. Program sure has come a long way.

Yep, back in the old, old days (88-92), we used to put them in a tub with detergent and water on the way the home in the equipment truck to start them soaking. White Way always laundered the unis. Momma Woodrum used to be the seamstress that held everything together during my undergrad days. They even did a special on her during 1992 championship game. Program sure has come a long way.

yeah, now rich is the seamstress :)

The Blackout is scheduled for Nov. 14th. I think it would be a million times cooler to have either the "Young Thundering Herd" throwbacks or the 1970 uniform to commemorate the crash.

I always thought it would be really cool if we had a specific black uniform we wore only on the weekend closest to the crash. Obviously the black unis we wear on November 14th this year most likely won't be the very nice Nike. But with what Nike has done with certain uniforms and imaging especially with helmets and numbers, I thought it would be amazing to see what they could do with an all black uniform commemorating the crash and only to be worn on those weekends. Something with the fountain in the background or a picture of the team, very faint almost like a water mark. Again it won't happen because we don't seem to get the best from Nike ever, I just think they could design some amazing alternates for the weekend

I like the interlocking M U logo we used back during that era. Even just switching to that for a weekend in Nov would be cool.

If they are going with new white unis I wonder if the black on the sleeves and pants will be green instead on the white. That would look sweet.

I always thought it would be really cool if we had a specific black uniform we wore only on the weekend closest to the crash. Obviously the black unis we wear on November 14th this year most likely won't be the very nice Nike. But with what Nike has done with certain uniforms and imaging especially with helmets and numbers, I thought it would be amazing to see what they could do with an all black uniform commemorating the crash and only to be worn on those weekends. Something with the fountain in the background or a picture of the team, very faint almost like a water mark. Again it won't happen because we don't seem to get the best from Nike ever, I just think they could design some amazing alternates for the weekend

There's no way we'd get anything other than a very nice Nike alternate.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT