ADVERTISEMENT

New portal xfer for men’s team….

Someone to come in and compete for Kinsey's vacated minutes... Let's hope his Indiana State stats were due to lack of usage.

Reactions: W-S HerdFan
Someone to come in and compete for Kinsey's vacated minutes... Let's hope his Indiana State stats were due to lack of usage.
I think Marshall is concentrating solely on football now seeing as they took seats out and now only hold somewhere over 5000 attendance now. Tough to be a basketball coach at Marshall.

I think Marshall is concentrating solely on football now seeing as they took seats out and now only hold somewhere over 5000 attendance now. Tough to be a basketball coach at Marshall.
It is tough to be a basketball coach at marshall… $300k-$400k a year for 10,11?,12?years. In Huntington area, that’s a lot of Dollars.

Football also took seats out.. Hey, don’t get me started.

Reactions: TwolfHerdfan
Football has been the focus for the last 40 years, and really it has to be at a school our size... Football revenue is the most important line item in the athletic department budget by a mile.

You can't really feel bad for DD or whoever the basketball coach is though... By the time his current contract ends, DD will have banked close to $5 million for his efforts, we play in a winnable, middle of the pack, league, and there are no repercussions for having down seasons (ultimate job security). It's not a bad gig.

Did Danny offer or try to recruit Maki Johnson? He had some high level offers and committed to ETSU.

Football has been the focus for the last 40 years, and really it has to be at a school our size... Football revenue is the most important line item in the athletic department budget by a mile.

You can't really feel bad for DD or whoever the basketball coach is though... By the time his current contract ends, DD will have banked close to $5 million for his efforts, we play in a winnable, middle of the pack, league, and there are no repercussions for having down seasons (ultimate job security). It's not a bad gig.
I was not referring to money when I made my statement. I am sure Dan had plenty of money before he came to Marshall . I was referring to hard it is to recruit and especially now that the NIL thing is upon us. Why dont they just give money to lower grade school kids and take the sport out of all sports? Money seems to ruin everything in the end.

Reactions: horsrman
I was not referring to money when I made my statement. I am sure Dan had plenty of money before he came to Marshall . I was referring to hard it is to recruit and especially now that the NIL thing is upon us. Why dont they just give money to lower grade school kids and take the sport out of all sports? Money seems to ruin everything in the end.
Seems like you were referring to having less seats makes it hard on a coach to do his job..
so I pointed out the fact that he’s paid very well and by that it isn’t that hard… it’s more like he’s riding a gravy train…

could we find someone to do a better job for less, equal or more money? No clue because we are stuck with the same ole for the next 3 years. Better start buying a team, like now.

Seems like you were referring to having less seats makes it hard on a coach to do his job..
so I pointed out the fact that he’s paid very well and by that it isn’t that hard… it’s more like he’s riding a gravy train…

could we find someone to do a better job for less, equal or more money? No clue because we are stuck with the same ole for the next 3 years. Better start buying a team, like now.
Dan is a great coach and outside of his first season he has had only one losing season and that was after losing what would have been six year starters in point guard West and his best shot blocker through the transfer portal. How are we going to buy a team with such a small city vs all those mega city powers? We did not suck this year as everyone wants to say seems. How many schools the size of Marshall won 24 games. You people need to get real.

Oldie - I hear you. I think what was particularly galling was Dan’s coaching (or lack thereof) in the last 2 games of the season. With everything on the line, we didn’t play nearly well enough.
Can Dan improve? Probably not. Maybe the new assistant can bring some energy to that bench. It is sorely needed!

Dan is a great coach and outside of his first season he has had only one losing season and that was after losing what would have been six year starters in point guard West and his best shot blocker through the transfer portal. How are we going to buy a team with such a small city vs all those mega city powers? We did not suck this year as everyone wants to say seems. How many schools the size of Marshall won 24 games. You people need to get real.
No we didn’t suck, but that wasn’t because of coaching.. do you honestly think the team will win 24 games or championship or make the big dance next year? Highly doubtful… Get real, we need a COACH, Buy a team or settle for the same maybe winning record with nothing to show for it.

Bird looks a little taller.
Oldie - I hear you. I think what was particularly galling was Dan’s coaching (or lack thereof) in the last 2 games of the season. With everything on the line, we didn’t play nearly well enough.
Can Dan improve? Probably not. Maybe the new assistant can bring some energy to that bench. It is sorely needed!
It was the players who lost those games not the coach.

Reactions: herd66
Excuse me, but if:
The players lose games, not the coach;
That infers that the players win games, not the coach.
So…….why the hell are we paying that coaching staff?
Also: usually not a good idea for a coach to throw his players under the bus after a loss.
It is one thing for a coach to instruct how to play the game and it is another for them to execute those instructions. Do not forget the other team is out there playing as hard as they can also especially on senior day or in a tournament.

Reactions: horsrman
It is one thing for a coach to instruct how to play the game and it is another for them to execute those instructions. Do not forget the other team is out there playing as hard as they can also especially on senior day or in a tournament.
(Game show host)
….”and what about that Marshall basketball team! They came so close! Johnny, tell them what they’ve won!”
“ It’s a new……participation trophy for “almost winning regular season conf champs!”
(cue music cutting to commercial)

(Game show host)
….”and what about that Marshall basketball team! They came so close! Johnny, tell them what they’ve won!”
“ It’s a new……participation trophy for “almost winning regular season conf champs!”
(cue music cutting to commercial)
You are a very sore loser.

I think you are not a real herd fan and that was a totally ridiculous statement. Tell that the straight to the faces of the players and see what happens.
Christ you’re a moron. How about you tell players to their faces it’s their fault they choked down the stretch instead of their “coach” that stood on the sidelines with crossed arms and nothing to say.

Reactions: W-S HerdFan
Christ you’re a moron. How about you tell players to their faces it’s their fault they choked down the stretch instead of their “coach” that stood on the sidelines with crossed arms and nothing to say.
I dont believe they choked and I would not say that but I am sure you would like to. It is a game and they just got beat by teams that were playing extremely hard.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT