ADVERTISEMENT

New surfaces for BB & VB…….

W-S HerdFan

Platinum Buffalo
Aug 14, 2002
Sarasota, FL
Spears steps up

pretty cool. CS has definitely made some things happen since taking over the AD. Now, I’ll give this a couple of hours before some wiseacre comments on how bush league it is that we purchased a used hardwood court!! It is a nice move purchasing a quality surface that women's VB can compete on. Spears thought is that “when” you qualify for an NCAA tourney, you want to be comfortable on the surfaces used for those events…….

Too bad CS hasn't been here longer, he likely would have the baseball stadium financing done and dirt moving.

Reactions: Elkview
MU replaces the wood floor on an ongoing basis, and has for decades since the original floor failed (old guys will remember that the HC came with a linoleum like floor that was “high tech” at the time, used by several big time programs including Tennessee and NC State, that didn’t work and was removed). Happens on an ongoing basis. This is about as much a news flash as the Pepsi machines getting refilled. Part of the ordinary cycle in the department.

The only story here is the abandonment of the retro look. The retro garbage was done by DD over the objections of the previous AD. This could be a sign that CS is finally willing to stand up to DD. But I will believe they really care about basketball the day DD is fired, and not until.

"This is the kind of surface we will be playing on when we go to the NCAA tournament. Let's expect to be successful and not be caught off guard."

He has the right mentality.

I like the look of the new basketball floor... First black endzones and now black out of bounds and lane.

MU replaces the wood floor on an ongoing basis, and has for decades since the original floor failed (old guys will remember that the HC came with a linoleum like floor that was “high tech” at the time, used by several big time programs including Tennessee and NC State, that didn’t work and was removed). Happens on an ongoing basis. This is about as much a news flash as the Pepsi machines getting refilled. Part of the ordinary cycle in the department.

The only story here is the abandonment of the retro look. The retro garbage was done by DD over the objections of the previous AD. This could be a sign that CS is finally willing to stand up to DD. But I will believe they really care about basketball the day DD is fired, and not until.

I actually didn't mind the retro look at all...it also fit basketball better since (as a testament to basketball's history at MU) MU was actually somewhat consistently successful back then.

But the upgraded look is a nice touch. Using retro uniforms and aesthetics for a game or notable decade mark on a season, would be good too.

"This is the kind of surface we will be playing on when we go to the NCAA tournament. Let's expect to be successful and not be caught off guard."

He has the right mentality.

I like the look of the new basketball floor... First black endzones and now black out of bounds and lane.

I recall Rick Minter saying something like that, "We prepare our guys to play 14 games a season. The regular season, the conference title game, and the bowl game."

Yep. The ol' Tartan Floor. Horrible on the knees, but very low maintenance until it began to crack. The Memorial Field House had that floor as well.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT