ADVERTISEMENT

NFL Draft Nerds Assemble

Chris McLaughlin

Grammar Snob
Staff
Feb 14, 2006
Fredericksburg, VA
marshall.rivals.com
Being that the NFL is basically the only thing to look forward to over the next few months for sports fans, thought it might be fun to chat about who we'd like to see our favorite team draft.

Skins fan here and I'm all in for Chase Young.

That said, the Skins don't have a 2nd round draft pick this year (traded it last year to move up to get Montez Sweat) so if someone like Miami (could give 5th overall, 18th overall and 39th overall) or Jacksonville (could give 9th overall, 20th overall and 42nd overall) fell in love with Tua I'd trade down in a hearbeat.

Could grab someone on defense like Isaiah Simmons or Jeffrey Okudah at 5 or 9. Then at 18 or 20 maybe a WR like CeeDee Lamb, Henry Ruggs, Justin Jefferson or Jerry Jeudy or a tackle to replace Trent Williams like Andrew Thomas, Tristen Wirfs or Mekhi Becton.

What say you?

Reactions: GoHerdMarshallYes
I'm definitely game for this... The draft is one of my favorite events of the sports year, because it brings every team newfound hope.

As a Ravens fan... Pick 28 is a good spot to fill a need at a non-premium position.

Personally, I hope the Ravens keep the pick and take Kenneth Murray, LB, Oklahoma... Baltimore has made it clear they are going to draft a linebacker (or maybe even two) early in the draft. They let last years starter in the middle Josh Bynes and weakside backer Patrick Owansour leave in free agency and have not signed replacements.

The other primary need in Baltimore is at guard. I don't think there is an interior offensive lineman worth the first-round selection, but I think they will take a guard, or a tackle they can move to guard, in the second/third round. Additional depth pieces I assume will be added at WR, TE, and DE at some point in the draft.

Reactions: Chris McLaughlin
I'm definitely game for this... The draft is one of my favorite events of the sports year, because it brings every team newfound hope.

As a Ravens fan... Pick 28 is a good spot to fill a need at a non-premium position.

Personally, I hope the Ravens keep the pick and take Kenneth Murray, LB, Oklahoma... Baltimore has made it clear they are going to draft a linebacker (or maybe even two) early in the draft. They let last years starter in the middle Josh Bynes and weakside backer Patrick Owansour leave in free agency and have not signed replacements.

The other primary need in Baltimore is at guard. I don't think there is an interior offensive lineman worth the first-round selection, but I think they will take a guard, or a tackle they can move to guard, in the second/third round. Additional depth pieces I assume will be added at WR, TE, and DE at some point in the draft.

The Ravans can wait till the 3rd or 4th and get Shaq Quarterman to man the middle for decades.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT