ADVERTISEMENT

NHR: Worst Targeting Call of the Season

Absolutely BAD call, it’s really difficult for me to understand how it went under official review and still came out as targeting???
UnBeleivable!!!
Look to me like a Text Book Tackle!!
Head up and Wrap up!!

And a defender had him around the waist/legs

He wasn't on his way down. So nobody has ever spun out of a tackle before ?

This isn't a receiver coming down leaping for a pass or a qb throwing or someone catching a kick.

If he was defenseless it was because he chose to be. He didn't give himself up so he's still trying to play. It's not the defenders fault the RB just stood there exposing himself like a post. You can't ask these defensive guys to make these decisions in tenths of a second.

Especially in situations where you're not conditioned to be on the lookout for defenseless players.

He wasn't on his way down. So nobody has ever spun out of a tackle before ?

This isn't a receiver coming down leaping for a pass or a qb throwing or someone catching a kick.

If he was defenseless it was because he chose to be. He didn't give himself up so he's still trying to play. It's not the defenders fault the RB just stood there exposing himself like a post. You can't ask these defensive guys to make these decisions in tenths of a second.

Especially in situations where you're not conditioned to be on the lookout for defenseless players.
I’m not saying I agree with the call. You’re the one that said he was held up by his own player. All I did was point out the defender draped around him as well.

Reactions: HerdFan73
I’m not saying I agree with the call. You’re the one that said he was held up by his own player. All I did was point out the defender draped around him as well.

I understand. All I'm saying is he wasn't done. He had his own lineman trying to push him forward.

Reactions: Raoul Duke MU
I understand. All I'm saying is he wasn't done. He had his own lineman trying to push him forward.
I don’t think it was targeting but just because a lineman is holding him up doesn’t mean you can’t have a targeting call

I don’t think it was targeting but just because a lineman is holding him up doesn’t mean you can’t have a targeting call

Yeah i know. I was just saying that to point out the defender did the right thing not laying off, the lineman could have broke him out.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT