ADVERTISEMENT

No gas powered yard equipment allowed in Fruity California

MichiganHerd

Platinum Buffalo
Aug 17, 2011
Brewpub w/coeds
morons galore.

all those morons out there in the yard mowing with an extension cord all tangled up behind them. that, or using those battery powered mowers that are good for about 20 minutes of mowing.

That place is a fruit cake city. That place makes no damn sense at all.

Feel-good nonsense that’ll get decided as unfeasible and pushed back until it would’ve happened anyway.

My wife gets me a bunch of power tools that run by battery, but those are used by the pros in the field, like at greed's cabinet shop. She also recently bought me a battery powered power washer, and although it's good for small cleaning jobs, I doubt I could wipe my ass with that thing.

Made by "representatives of the people" that don't understand that people do work outside of microsoft excel and powerpoint....or that the people in California that put out fires need gas chain saws (surely there was a provision for that in the bill?).

Reactions: ThunderCat98
My wife gets me a bunch of power tools that run by battery, but those are used by the pros in the field, like at greed's cabinet shop. She also recently bought me a battery powered power washer, and although it's good for small cleaning jobs, I doubt I could wipe my ass with that thing.

I have an awesome battery mower and trimmer.

But if I let the grass get too high, I have to borrow the neighbors gas powered Honda because my puny electric can't fight through it.

I have an awesome battery mower and trimmer.

But if I let the grass get too high, I have to borrow the neighbors gas powered Honda because my puny electric can't fight through it.
I would be cutting grass pretty much every night of the week, if all I had was a battery push mower. There's a reason they make those nice tractors with a cup holder, and I figured out what it is.

I would be cutting grass pretty much every night of the week, if all I had was a battery push mower. There's a reason they make those nice tractors with a cup holder, and I figured out what it is.

I absolutely love cutting my grass. Put in the earpods, put on some music, get a little light cardio. I have a flat, 1/2 acre yard and can get done in around 30-40 minutes. no wife or kid yelling at me, just a little bit of exercise and mindless work. Then there's the visual of a job well done when you're finished. Plus, I think it keeps you grounded to do some of your own home maintenance. I could certainly pay someone to do it, but I like it.

Now if I ever get the homestead going I need a tractor. Some of my dearest patients love nothing more than mowing their grass and ask me if they can do it while they're sick with their cancer treatments. One poor 90 year old had a compression fracture in his T spine from a bone met. Dude wanted so badly to get back up on that tractor to just mow grass and I completely understand.

Reactions: Raoul Duke MU
Aside: I recommend Clarkson's farm on amazon prime. Really fun "reality" TV show about Jeremy Clarkson (Top Gear) and how he tried to run his own farm in England during Covid.

He has a bad ass giant Lambo tractor.

State employees going to hate mowing all the right of way along the highways and all the state park property.

State employees going to hate mowing all the right of way along the highways and all the state park property.
Get a long extension cord, boys. Or bring 2,000 batteries to go 2 miles.

Do these libs think the batteries are any better for the environment?

That's not true!

Never take hold he (Gavin) will be out of office and overturned buy the time it takes in 2024.

Get a long extension cord, boys. Or bring 2,000 batteries to go 2 miles.

Do these libs think the batteries are any better for the environment?
Single point pollution sources are almost always better than dispersed pollution sources. EVs are much better than burning gas, even though they aren’t perfect and yes battery manufacturing creates pollution. But less than extracting and refining oil and then burning it.

Single point pollution sources are almost always better than dispersed pollution sources. EVs are much better than burning gas, even though they aren’t perfect and yes battery manufacturing creates pollution. But less than extracting and refining oil and then burning it.
Ok, let's say you switch all this stuff(cars, mowers, etc.) over to batteries. Now think about that. You had to make the batteries. You have to get raw lithium(assuming most batteries now are lithium ion in those applications). At some point there is a life to those batteries that are now in need of plastic housings(how do we make plastic? whoops). You have to dispose of the batteries and their housings. At some point all the cars , mowers, etc. need battery replacements. There is a life or only so many charges to them. Dump them in the ocean? Bury them? Burn them? Going to run out of lithium?

Hey liberal morons (including greed), guess who makes 77% of the world's lithium batteries?

If you guessed China, punch yourself in the face, as you would be correct.
but we are saving the earf and it is out of sight and mind. Oh and Joe is beholden to China and Hunter can make some money

Ok, let's say you switch all this stuff(cars, mowers, etc.) over to batteries. Now think about that. You had to make the batteries. You have to get raw lithium(assuming most batteries now are lithium ion in those applications). At some point there is a life to those batteries that are now in need of plastic housings(how do we make plastic? whoops). You have to dispose of the batteries and their housings. At some point all the cars , mowers, etc. need battery replacements. There is a life or only so many charges to them. Dump them in the ocean? Bury them? Burn them? Going to run out of lithium?
I don’t specifically know when it comes to things other than cars, but when it comes to cars even factoring all of that in, the greenhouse gas emissions are lower for a new EV than a new ICE car.

Progress has been made toward recycling the batteries. The two main challenges are that the batteries aren’t being designed with recycling in mind, and that extraction tends to be a lot cheaper. Both of those are solvable problems. “We light the fuel on fire” is not.

Wonder how many batteries we can make, based on that one lithium mine out in Utah?

guess where lithium is mined? Or, better yet, where are all the lithium reserves? If you guessed Chile, Argentina, and China, slap yourself in the face again.
Why leave off #1 producer Australia from the list? Didn’t fit the narrative?

Ok, Australia. Do they think batteries magically appear?
No, like every other part of anything they have to be manufactured.
There is a lot of aluminum in cars. Guess where that’s mined? Australia, China, Central and South America.

Edit the big difference between those two, by the way, is that due to how hard it is to extract aluminum we recycle it extremely well. We need to get there with battery components too.

Why leave off #1 producer Australia from the list? Didn’t fit the narrative?
Yeah, the narrative is that they export 55% of their lithium to China.

Sure, we could get the lithium from them or others, but that 20v Dewalt Lithium battery made in the USofA is going to cost you a hell of a lot more than $80-$95 per ea.

Meanwhile, China continues to pollute the air and laugh at Californians having to get rid of their gasoline powered lawn boys.

Reactions: KyMUfan
Yeah, the narrative is that they export 55% of their lithium to China.

Sure, we could get the lithium from them or others, but that 20v Dewalt Lithium battery made in the USofA is going to cost you a hell of a lot more than $80-$95 per ea.

Meanwhile, China continues to pollute the air and laugh at Californians having to get rid of their gasoline powered lawn boys.
Yes, there is a price to not being China’s bitch. I think most would rather keep their toys and keep being China’s bitch, but there is another option out there. There isn’t a world where we bring all that manufacturing back AND don’t have to make do with less, though.

Yes, there is a price to not being China’s bitch. I think most would rather keep their toys and keep being China’s bitch, but there is another option out there. There isn’t a world where we bring all that manufacturing back AND don’t have to make do with less, though.
Better go ahead and put an end of all those manufacturing jobs you want brought back to the states.

We have an entire generation that don't want to work any longer. Playing video games, and making TikTok videos are the thing now.

We can't even find punks willing to make $14-$15 an hour doing hand assembly work. They'd rather just stay home, and wait for Uncle Sam to give them a handout.

Shit, Burger King was closed on Saturday due to nobody coming into flip burgers. After getting half tanked for the Michigan football game, I wanted a damn whopper, and even had the old lady talked into going up and getting me one, but nope, they were closed. Got a bucket from the Colonel though, so it all worked out well in the end.

.or that the people in California that put out fires need gas chain saws (surely there was a provision for that in the bill?).
No. This is aimed at landscaping.

CALFIRE will still have gas chainsaws. And big ass diesel dozers. And planes.
Hey liberal morons (including greed), guess who makes 77% of the world's lithium batteries?
Battery manufacturing is going to get big here in the USA. States are targeting the shit out of that...see KY and TN and Ford, recently in the news.
Or, better yet, where are all the lithium reserves? If you guessed Chile, Argentina, and China, slap yourself in the face again
Australia. And they hate China.

I am sure we are eyeing the lithium there...you think we are building nuclear subs for them for shit and giggles?

I will say this: as much I as FVCKING LOVE cutting the grass with a gas mower, the things are way more polluting than cars.

Also, why in the hell would someone want a yard in California? I'd go all stone if I lived there. Maybe some scrubby desert looking plants. I've been tempted to turn the front yard into a garden for native plants as it is. I love cutting the grass, but maintaining the grass is a pain.

I will say this: as much I as FVCKING LOVE cutting the grass with a gas mower, the things are way more polluting than cars.

Also, why in the hell would someone want a yard in California? I'd go all stone if I lived there. Maybe some scrubby desert looking plants. I've been tempted to turn the front yard into a garden for native plants as it is. I love cutting the grass, but maintaining the grass is a pain.
I bet they are less polluting that the electric cars California mandated everyone drive

I don’t specifically know when it comes to things other than cars, but when it comes to cars even factoring all of that in, the greenhouse gas emissions are lower for a new EV than a new ICE car.

Progress has been made toward recycling the batteries. The two main challenges are that the batteries aren’t being designed with recycling in mind, and that extraction tends to be a lot cheaper. Both of those are solvable problems. “We light the fuel on fire” is not.
Where does most of out electricity come from? So you expend all that energy to build batteries and you still have to charge them by burning coal or natural gas. You can speak of the progress of non fossil, renewable energy, but it overlooks some glaring problems.

Look at total energy consumption from all sources from manufacturing to automobiles to lawnmowers to toasters and TVs. When they talk about how much energy is being produced by “green” energy, they are talking about electric generation only, but electricity is only a fraction of total energy consumption.

Even if we had 90% of electricity being generated as green today, when you try to make all the things that consume energy in a form other than electricity now run off electricity, you run into a huge problem. With all the planes, trains, trucks, cars, tractors, heavy equipment, motorcycles, 4-wheelers, boats, lawnmowers, etc. almost exclusively powered by fossil fuel, we are talking about the need to double electric generation capacity. That’s hundreds of new power plants, trillions in investments, and trillions more to build the windmills or solar panels.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT