ADVERTISEMENT

No Re-Entry

Herdguy04

Bronze Buffalo
Aug 18, 2023

Q: What changes will I see under the ‘Safe To Stay With The Herd’ initiative?
A: Marshall University is committed to keeping attendees safe at all events taking place at our venues. Due to the implementation of Campus Carry Law (WV Code 18B-4-5b) taking effect as of July 1, 2024, fans entering Marshall University venues will go through screening prior to admittance to events. Once guests enter the venue, they may not exit and re-enter without a separate unscanned game ticket.

Reactions: TwolfHerdfan
Who came up with "Safe to Stay with the Herd" as the name for this initiative? It's horrible.

Not everything has to have a cutesy name that makes no sense.

Probably the same people who want Marco to be a cute mascot that is kind...
...as opposed to what a real Bison is, an unstoppable asshole that doesn't give a damn, who scares children, and launches idiots into trees who are dumb enough to get too close.

Due to the implementation of Campus Carry Law (WV Code 18B-4-5b) taking effect as of July 1, 2024, fans entering Marshall University venues will go through screening prior to admittance to events.
This is a flat out lie by CS. Before the Campus Carry Law, colleges in WV were violating the Constitution by prohibiting guns on campus, including sports venues. The Legislature responded by passing Campus Carry, which aims to prevent tragic events by allowing students to be armed. However, it provides for some exceptions, including sports venues.

So the situation before was guns were not permitted in the stadium. The situation now is guns are not permitted in the stadium. NO CHANGE.

Flat out lie. Is he doing to curry favor from the far lefts that populate the faculty lounge of this, and most every other, college? Or using it as a coinvent way of blaming the Legislature when people complain about a "no pass outs" policy? Or is he just as much an incompetent as a lawyer (well, he has a law degree, AFAIK he is not a member of the WV Bar, so not really a lawyer) as he is as an AD?

Don't care. Just another reason to do the right thing.

Fire CS.

Or using it as a convenient way of blaming the Legislature when people complain about a "no pass outs" policy?
This... MU has been behind on this for years (eliminating re-entry) because they didn't want to piss off the old guys that go to their car to slam Busch Lites, eat an extra tailgate hotdog, and then decide they want to see the 4th quarter. So rather than just having some backbone and getting rid of it, they came up with this nonsense about safety and "expanding the concourse" by adding some shitty looking Lowes chainlink fences.

Reactions: BleedsGreen33
Who came up with "Safe to Stay with the Herd" as the name for this initiative? It's horrible.

Not everything has to have a cutesy name that makes no sense.

It's almost as bad as "Herd Knocks" for the new documentary-style videos they are doing this year and "The Herdspy's" as the name of their end of year awards banquet.

This is a flat out lie by CS. Before the Campus Carry Law, colleges in WV were violating the Constitution by prohibiting guns on campus, including sports venues. The Legislature responded by passing Campus Carry, which aims to prevent tragic events by allowing students to be armed. However, it provides for some exceptions, including sports venues.

So the situation before was guns were not permitted in the stadium. The situation now is guns are not permitted in the stadium. NO CHANGE.

Flat out lie. Is he doing to curry favor from the far lefts that populate the faculty lounge of this, and most every other, college? Or using it as a coinvent way of blaming the Legislature when people complain about a "no pass outs" policy? Or is he just as much an incompetent as a lawyer (well, he has a law degree, AFAIK he is not a member of the WV Bar, so not really a lawyer) as he is as an AD?

Don't care. Just another reason to do the right thing.

Fire CS.

It's also a lie MU would never have a baseball stadium either.
At least according to you...

Oh, and leave your shithead politricks off the board.

Also
Fire Sam.

I saw a post on another board that wvu and FAU don 't allow reentry. Most colleges don't allow reentry. The high school in my neighborhood doesn't even allow reentry and it is located in a affluent area. Even the private school (day students tuition is over $25,000 per year) doesn't allow reentry. This appears to be the standard.
Don't tell that to the Facebook MU diehards who will now give up their season tickets after 50 years...
The same group who gave up going because of seating arrangements...
The same group who gave up over hot dogs...

It's almost as bad as "Herd Knocks" for the new documentary-style videos they are doing this year and "The Herdspy's" as the name of their end of year awards banquet.
Have you watched Herd Knocks yet? Is it worth paying for? All I see on Herd+ is one episode and it's 7 minutes long. I'm not paying for 7 minutes. If you're going to call it "Knocks" to play off of the HBO show on the NFL then you'd better be attempting to provide the same type of programming. I really don't care to listen to coach interviews.

Have you watched Herd Knocks yet? Is it worth paying for? All I see on Herd+ is one episode and it's 7 minutes long. I'm not paying for 7 minutes. If you're going to call it "Knocks" to play off of the HBO show on the NFL then you'd better be attempting to provide the same type of programming. I really don't care to listen to coach interviews.

No...not planning to pay for it. I'll be honest, I love Marshall and Marshall athletics. When I lived in WV I rarely missed Marshall athletic events. At this moment I've lost interest in college sports a little. I want it to be good. I still watch every Marshall football sporting event I can on television or ESPN+ but Marshall's mediocrity mixed with the current state of college athletics I don't get too upset if I miss something. I'm definitely not going to pay extra for something like "Herd" Knocks. Frankly, the name is dumb enough to turn me off.

No...not planning to pay for it. I'll be honest, I love Marshall and Marshall athletics. When I lived in WV I rarely missed Marshall athletic events. At this moment I've lost interest in college sports a little. I want it to be good. I still watch every Marshall football sporting event I can on television or ESPN+ but Marshall's mediocrity mixed with the current state of college athletics I don't get too upset if I miss something. I'm definitely not going to pay extra for something like "Herd" Knocks. Frankly, the name is dumb enough to turn me off.
You're not alone my friend. There was a time I wouldn't have hesitated and now it makes no difference to me. I only bought my season tickets because I enjoy spending time with the people I sit with and even still I wrestled with getting them.

Reactions: RhinoD
You're not alone my friend. There was a time I wouldn't have hesitated and now it makes no difference to me. I only bought my season tickets because I enjoy spending time with the people I sit with and even still I wrestled with getting them.
I have shifted my thought process away from the games themselves and more to supporting the brand... I want what's best for Marshall athletics, and tickets are a relatively cheap way to contribute. I used to go to the games because I couldn't imagine missing a home football game, I was emotionally invested, now I make it to 4-5 a year and it feels like a chore a lot of weekends (especially if we aren't in the running for a conference title).

Maybe we're getting old.

I have shifted my thought process away from the games themselves and more to supporting the brand... I want what's best for Marshall athletics, and tickets are a relatively cheap way to contribute. I used to go to the games because I couldn't imagine missing a home football game, I was emotionally invested, now I make it to 4-5 a year and it feels like a chore a lot of weekends (especially if we aren't in the running for a conference title).

Maybe we're getting old.
Getting old is part of it. Priorities change, but our subpar seasons and the changing landscape of college athletics isn't helping.

It would be different if the team was exciting to watch. Sure we'll have a game or two that is exciting, but overall the offense is not that fun to watch. I know if I had no investment in Marshall and was just a casual fan flipping through channels I would not watch our games.

Reactions: W-S HerdFan
Don't tell that to the Facebook MU diehards who will now give up their season tickets after 50 years...
The same group who gave up going because of seating arrangements...
The same group who gave up over hot dogs...
Well, you know 04 that those stuck in the past, 50 years or so ago, "Relics", eventually have to ALL DIE OFF! Hopefully MU Athletics can survive the "wait" and eventually be allowed to "flourish"!!!

Well, you know 04 that those stuck in the past, 50 years or so ago, "Relics", eventually have to ALL DIE OFF! Hopefully MU Athletics can survive the "wait" and eventually be allowed to "flourish"!!!
I don't look for the younger crowd to support MU athletics better than the older fans - for many reasons. As a group, generation, they don't have the same passion/interest for sports, more things to do, less discretionary income, higher cost of living, less of the more affluent graduates staying in Huntington-Charleston area. Gonna be tough in the next 10-20 years for MU to keep up athletically. jmho

Reactions: ru4_mu2
I don't look for the younger crowd to support MU athletics better than the older fans - for many reasons. As a group, generation, they don't have the same passion/interest for sports, more things to do, less discretionary income, higher cost of living, less of the more affluent graduates staying in Huntington-Charleston area. Gonna be tough in the next 10-20 years for MU to keep up athletically. jmho

Considering the changes and focus to modern/professional jobs MU is trying to take in...I think it won't be nearly as bad. I believe many people who moved from the area want to move back but can't due to limited opportunity, which hopefully changes.
Then again, that's asking a bit from the state.

Considering the changes and focus to modern/professional jobs MU is trying to take in...I think it won't be nearly as bad. I believe many people who moved from the area want to move back but can't due to limited opportunity, which hopefully changes.
Then again, that's asking a bit from the state.
I hope you are right, that many choose to come back; or stay after graduation. We need that to happen.

Maybe we're getting old.
No.

This is what having a brand new team of mercenaries every year, with minimal attachments because you don’t have know who will be coming or going , does to college sports.

Reactions: RhinoD
No.

This is what having a brand new team of mercenaries every year, with minimal attachments because you don’t have know who will be coming or going , does to college sports.
That plays a part in it because there aren't any emotional investments in players anymore. No one knows who they are. However that just couples with the fact that we aren't a good team and the cost of everything has doubled and tripled in price. No more than ever fans have to really consider if it's worth it and right now it's not. If we are bad again this year that stadium is going to be really empty.

Reactions: The Real SamC
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT