ADVERTISEMENT

No reason we can't be 3-1 in OOC

caliherd

Gold Buffalo
Gold Member
Feb 7, 2007
Dublin, Oh
watching the game tonight showed me there is zero reason we can't go 3-1 in our OOC games and definitely zero reason we can't win our conference. That is by far the best team we will play all year and we stood toe to toe with them. Take away some bonehead penalties, a turnover etc and we could have won this game.

There are some things we have to improve on. Rushing the passer. We can't let a quarterback stand in the pocket and pick who he wants to throw too. Rushing 3 and dropping 8 doesn't work because with no pressure a wr will eventually get open.

Number 2 stop running the read option, or zone option or whatever you want to call it. Everyone knows Chase isn't going to pull it back and run so the defense keys on the RB. I'm not sure how many times tonight we ran directly at one of the top d linemen in the country.

Number 3 bonehead penalties. The pass interference call was awful to start the 2nd half. All we had to do was tackle the receiver and they punt. Instead given new life they drive down and score a touchdown. Backbreaking.

But overall I thought the defense played well. They were hitting. Hancock played great. The offense moved the ball welk. I thought litton looked poised and played very well. Brady is a stud purr and simple. We looked like a good G5 team tonight and if we play with that kind of effort the rest of the year we can win them all and no I'm not kidding!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News