ADVERTISEMENT

North Carolina again.

Sure isnt as good as it used to be and the quality of food just is awful now.

Since when? The 1940s? The selection of foods and their quality have never been better. The selection is endless. Whether it’s organics or International selections.

Again, just because all you have in podunk is one option, doesn’t make it so for everyone.

Food Fair in Bville is a “mom and pop” shop. Do you support them by shopping there?

IGAs are a small town mom and pop model that still exist across the country.

We have Asian and Mexican markets that sell incredible stuff here. The same in any city larger than a shoebox.

Bottom line, there is no monopoly. Your original statement was ignorant.
I dont live in wva so no food fair..I dont believe we have an IGA here. I occasionly by at Asian markets but sure not my staple of food. Do not call me ignorant I have more smarts than you will ever have.

Red states dd it much shorter. Yehh they fooled all of us once for a few weeks. Well, I never stopped working but everything else was closed. BLue states and idiot blue governors kept on with it.

Never again, though. We will never do it again.
Over a million people died some needlessly and you should be thanking the good Lord above that you survived the pandemic . Think of all who died when you rant on about having it so bad.

• Haha
Reactions: raleighherdfan
Red states dd it much shorter.
And that is represented in the mortality rate and hospitalization rate of conservatives.
Well, I never stopped working but everything else was closed
Which is why I stated: "Yeah, you wanted freedom for you to disregard the health and lives of americans. With people like you around, no one is without an enemy.
BLue states and idiot blue governors kept on with it.
And that is represented in the mortality rate and hospitalization rate of conservatives.

Never again, though. We will never do it again.
You and your ilk didn't do it the first time. Lying idiot oath breaking trumptard.

Which is why I stated: "Yeah, you wanted freedom for you to disregard the health and lives of americans. With people like you around, no one is without an enemy.

You and your ilk didn't do it the first time. Lying idiot oath breaking trumptard.
Well fall in line when they March you to the box car.

Oh they got us for a feww weeks or a month. Then many if us could see the bull shit. Then it got worse and worse.

Won't do that again.

Oh they got us for a feww weeks or a month. Then many if us could see the bull shit. Then it got worse and worse.

Won't do that again.
And the virus got you cons after that. YOU are the bs.

You never did it the first time. Idiot.

That is my opinion and you have yours. Grocery chains made out like bandits with the profits they made in the inflationary scenario. They were partly to blame with those record profits.
It’s not an opinion. It’s fact. There is no grocery monopoly.

The profit conversation again??? 1.5% is making out like bandits??? God you’re pitiful.

It’s not an opinion. It’s fact. There is no grocery monopoly.

The profit conversation again??? 1.5% is making out like bandits??? God you’re pitiful.
That would be their ordinary profits but not so lately.Do you ever read the profits of companies?

You idiot. Aldis net worth is estimated at US$20.6 billion. Where do you draw the line for making out like bandits?
They have grocery stores all over the world. They scaled their business. Something you didn’t have the capability or brains to do. Their margins on sales are still small compared to some businesses.

For every dollar sold….what does Aldi make in profit?

They have grocery stores all over the world. They scaled their business. Something you didn’t have the capability or brains to do. Their margins on sales are still small compared to some businesses.

For every dollar sold….what does Aldi make in profit?
Greed is really a commie. Read his posts and read between the lines. He is a Bernie Sanders commie. Read how he thinks the state can take of things. Corporations are bad and the govt can solve everything. Govt can take.care of the poor.

Last edited:
Greed is really a commie. Read his posts and read between the lines. He is a Bernie Sanders commie. Read how he thinks the state can take od things. Corporations are and thr govt can solve everything. Govt can take.care od the poor.
He’s an ignorant rube. Steeped in a jealousy anchored politics. He’s unable to think outside closed off Wayne Co WV. He’s so pitiful he needed a comic book religion to “help” him be “better”. Jesus apparently wasn’t enough for the super Christian.

Much like LRon Hubbard, Bernie Sanders is a fraud. Bernie preaches equal outcomes and “fairness”…to his rube, white, trust fund baby base; while putting $$millions in his pocket. He produces nothing of value for the money he has earned. (Did you see Bernie’s last performance on Bill Maher? His hypocrisy was blatantly pointed out and he had nothing to offer in return.)

The idiots that follow Bernie envelope their lives in the misery and jealousy Bernie sells. They champion a communist system while never having to live a communist life. Their “intellectual” dishonesty closes them off from having a conversation or reading stories about the avg person (they look down on) who suffered far greater atrocities under communist regimes than they would ever experience here now.

There's your question^^^^

Here's your answer...Aldis net worth is estimated at US$20.6 billion.
That’s your answer. Here is mine:

That’s it?? 20 bil?? 10000+ locations in 50+ countries and their net worth is only 20 Bil. Definitely a low margin business.

Still looking for a monopoly grocer aren’t you?

Greed is really a commie. Read his posts and read between the lines. He is a Bernie Sanders commie. Read how he thinks the state can take od things. Corporations are and thr govt can solve everything. Govt can take.care od the poor.
Oath breaker is a corporatist viper and continual liar. And just like his orange jesus, he worships at the altar of money, shows no compassion for fellow Americans, supports giving tax breaks to the wealthy while ignoring the fact that the rich are already rich, believes that poor Americans are poor because they're lazy and make bad decisions while failing to recognize that he's not a multi millionaire for the same reasons, claims to hate 'big government' but only when he disagrees with them ( like all those who whine about big government), agrees with the insurrection to overthrow that same govt, and agrees with his orange lord in his attempt to overturn the results of a free and fair election. He falsely claims he is for freedom while willing to squash any idea or movement that provides more freedom to anyone else but himself. The oath breaker is always wanting everyone to "look over there" for the problems in America when in reality it's people like him that are the problem.

That’s it?? 20 bil?? 10000+ locations in 50+ countries and their net worth is only 20 Bil. Definitely a low margin business.
You're still talking about low profit margins when you're question was: "1.5% is making out like bandits???" The answer to your question is: "Aldis net worth is estimated at US$20.6 billion." So the answer is YES, they are making out like a bandit.

Oath breaker is a corporatist viper and continual liar. And just like his orange jesus, he worships at the altar of money, shows no compassion for fellow Americans, supports giving tax breaks to the wealthy while ignoring the fact that the rich are already rich, believes that poor Americans are poor because they're lazy and make bad decisions while failing to recognize that he's not a multi millionaire for the same reasons, claims to hate 'big government' but only when he disagrees with them ( like all those who whine about big government), agrees with the insurrection to overthrow that same govt, and agrees with his orange lord in his attempt to overturn the results of a free and fair election. He falsely claims he is for freedom while willing to squash any idea or movement that provides more freedom to anyone else but himself. The oath breaker is always wanting everyone to "look over there" for the problems in America when in reality it's people like him that are the problem.
Yehh, I am the problem. I work, pay taxes, and a good citizen. Served the country in some capacity and later helped with things in the GWOT, in a small way but did things I could. I donate to charities, mainly veteran's organizations but do donate to causes like Samaritan's purse. Raised a family and am the proud parent of a US Army soldier. Grew up very middle working class and am still middle class, but very fortunate. Worked for what I have. Had great parents who helped when they could.

I beieve the govt is too large, yes . I believe the federal govt has grown too large and in many respects gets out of control. I think there is a government class in DV that needs revamped and reformed and downsized. I believe the Constitution outlines the very specific roles of the federal govt.

I also believe the country has lots its way. I believe we have created(sadly) a segment of the population that has become dependent beyond a help up. They believe the govt is the answer to everything.

I don't mind corporations being in check or being put in check when needed. I am not a corporate officer. Hell, I am not even in management. I work for small to medium size company in the grand scheme of things. I have seen corporations do bad things. But, the private sectore makes things go.

I am not jealous of other people and their things or money.

Reactions: MarshallManiac
You're still talking about low profit margins when your question was: "1.5% is making out like bandits???" The answer to your question is: "Aldis net worth is estimated at US$20.6 billion." So the answer is YES, they are making out like a bandit.
Stick with the premise of the discussion inbred. “Low margin profit” is what was being discussed. You can only gripe about a net worth because it’s a number you can’t comprehend (and a grocer monopoly you can’t find) Try and keep up with conversation.

They should be worth over $100 Bil at least. For the work and risk they put into the business $20 Bil isn’t a lot.

Imagine if you had the skills, knowledge and willpower to leverage your higher margin cabinets the way the Aldi family did with low margin food sales. What was your margin on cabinets? 5-10% is that too low of an estimate?

Your question was...

My answer is:

Stick with the premise, lying phlegmwad.
I’m sticking with the premise inbred. I never left the premise. As it relates to a business, 1.5% margin is minuscule. “1.5% isn’t making out like bandits” when you have to operate 10000+ locations in 50+ countries. (Still can’t find a monopoly can you?)

You mad that your margins were likely 5-10X 1.5% (maybe higher) and you didn’t accomplish what others have?

I’m sticking with the premise inbred. I never left the premise. As it relates to a business, 1.5% margin is minuscule. “1.5% isn’t making out like bandits” when you have to operate 10000+ locations in 50+ countries. (Still can’t find a monopoly can you?)

You mad that your margins were likely 5-10X 1.5% (maybe higher) and you didn’t accomplish what others have?
He probably thinks govt take over of groceries and food would be a good idea. Ask the Soviets how that worked out.

Reactions: raleighherdfan
He probably thinks govt take over of groceries and food would be a good idea. Ask the Soviets how that worked out.
He and oldie are the Abbott and Costello of the board. They should take their act on the road. Likely would be able to pocket $millions from the Bernie contingent while spewing their blatant ignorance. Look at the BLM hoax. Trust fund babies pay a premium for that kind of content.

You're still talking about low profit margins when you're question was: "1.5% is making out like bandits???" The answer to your question is: "Aldis net worth is estimated at US$20.6 billion." So the answer is YES, they are making out like a bandit.
Who cares how much they make, why is it any of your business?

good citizen
You are not.
Served the country
That^^^was then. Now you're an oath breaker.

Raised a family
So do criminals and insurrectionists.
proud parent of a US Army soldier
Is he an oath breaker also??

Grew up very middle working class
You're using that as an excuse for being middle class yourself. And growing up in a middle working class environment is a luxury not afforded to millions of Americans.

Had great parents who helped when they could.
You've told us everyone has the same opportunity. Changing your tune?

I beieve the govt is too large, yes .
Only when you disagree with it.

I also believe the country has lots its way.
And you're willing to support an insurrection against it and believe the attempt to overturn a free and fair election is the fastest and best way to do that.

I believe we have created(sadly) a segment of the population that has become dependent beyond a help up.
And you're willing to reduce or eliminate the help taxpayers afford them even for those even when the fault is not their own.

I don't mind corporations being in check or being put in check when needed.
Big maybe^^^But you are willing to give them huge tax breaks while their profits are at record highs...and then complain when the national debt continues to soar.

But, the private sectore makes things go.
Your idea of the private sector is the wealthy and the wealthy corporations while total wealth of the 1% reached a record $45.9 trillion at the end of the fourth quarter of 2021. That's enough to pay off the national debt and have 15 trillion left over. That 45.9 trillion is enough to pay for the total yearly federal budget for public welfare for the next 37 years. But you worry about the poor being the part that needs fixed.

I am not jealous of other people and their things or money.
Of course not, as long as you can pay for those tax cuts for the rich by reducing benefits to the unfortunate.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT