ADVERTISEMENT

North Carolina

MichiganHerd

Platinum Buffalo
Aug 17, 2011
Brewpub w/coeds
I have an opportunity in NC, but was hoping before I start looking into it, someone could tell me where the best place to live would be. The opportunity is located right off of I-485, say 8 o'clock area if you're looking at a map of Charlotte. Was just curious if anybody is familiar with that particular area, as well as wondering if it's better to live in NC or SC, seeing as though this place is located only 3 to 4 miles from the SC border.

I live in a different part of NC, but I know the FT Mill(SC), Pineville(NC) area is booming.

If it were me, I would look at SC as the taxes and property are cheaper from what I am told. I have a friend that lives in the Clover, SC area and that is why he chose SC. Still rural but close enough to Charlotte. I think he said it is 45 mins to downtown Charlotte. He said SC is definitely cheaper.

Im assuming your opportunity is around the airport area? Having lived about 10-15 minutes from the airport for 18 years I can there are some nice areas and some not so nice areas. Charlotte is getting pretty expensive. I would look closer to SC where things are cheaper but those areas are becoming very nice.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT