ADVERTISEMENT

Nov. 14th. It has been 48 years.

We are going to have a situation for the 50th. Due to leap year in 2020, The Herd will be in Greenville taking on the Pirates that Saturday. I presume we will hold the memorial ceremony on the Thursday before (11/12/20)?

We are going to have a situation for the 50th. Due to leap year in 2020, The Herd will be in Greenville taking on the Pirates that Saturday. I presume we will hold the memorial ceremony on the Thursday before (11/12/20)?

How do we know the date of the game already?

Marshall's 2020 non-conference schedule is:

@ ECU September 5th
@ Ohio September 19
Pitt September 26
Boise State October 3

Non-conference schedule will not be announced until spring of 2020, as per always. Crossover games with the west division that year are @ LTU and home with Rice.

I am certain MU's wishes, be that a home game or no game, on that special anniversary will be honored.

Reactions: Clarence Woodworth
Marshall's 2020 non-conference schedule is:

@ ECU September 5th
@ Ohio September 19
Pitt September 26
Boise State October 3

Non-conference schedule will not be announced until spring of 2020, as per always. Crossover games with the west division that year are @ LTU and home with Rice.

I am certain MU's wishes, be that a home game or no game, on that special anniversary will be honored.

That’s what I thought. It would have been tough to throw a non-conference game in that part of the season. And we should NEVER play on the road around the anniversary game. That needs to be a home game, especially when 11/14 falls on a Saturday.

Gentleman- my apologies! I got carried away. Sam is absolutely correct. The big deal was that we are playing them in 2020 - the 50 th year after the crash. Also, as stated it would be almost impossible to schedule a non-con game as the last game of the season! Need a brain upgrade!
Will be good to play them again.

Charlotte played Tennessee two weeks ago, so its not like C-USA doesn't allow teams to play non-conference games after the conference schedule has begun. Two years out, I cannot imagine this couldn't be arranged with the league, especially given the attention and exposure the game would likely receive from the national sports press.

Talking like the conference wouldn't "allow" us to do this makes me want to drown myself. This conference exists on the extreme periphery of relevance; a loosely-assembled cabal of institutions with no national profile or even a connection to one another, whose league contract pays out only a small pittance to member schools. You'd have to be on Ambien to lose a fight with the league office.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT