ADVERTISEMENT

NTHR East Tennessee State, no HC no OC for spring practice updated

sluggo72

Silver Buffalo
Aug 31, 2006
HC suspended for hitting a player, OC leaves for Baylor ....

East Tennessee State head coach Randy Sanders has been suspended by the university with pay while an investigation is underway regarding a potential violation of university policy. The policy violation in question? Allegedly striking a player in the helmet during a practice session on Friday.

“The head coach of the ETSU football team has been placed on paid administrative leave pending the investigation of potential violation of university policy,” a statement from East Tennessee State said.

According to a report by Johnson City Press, Sanders allegedly struck freshman defensive back Tyree Robison after Robinson did not take a knee during a drill. University policy dictates any employee may be suspended with pay until a formal investigation can be concluded. In addition to the departure of offensive coordinator Marcus Satterfield to Baylor, the East Tennessee State football program will continue spring practices with no head coach and no offensive coordinator as a result of the suspension and departure.

East Tennessee State’s spring game is scheduled for Thursday.

Kind of depends on the force and attitude through the event IMHO. Yes, it is commonplace, and was even a part of our expriences in the late sixties in high school. But hitting someone in the helmet is quite different (IMHO) than knocking the shix out of someone just because they have a helmet on.

The “report” is very vague, or at least that’s what I got from reading it. I’m not condoning hauling off on some kid, but at the same time we can’t assume that’s what actually happened. For all we know, from the report, the coach slapped the players helmet and laid into him verbally. As he should if the player wasn’t doing what he was supposed to be doing.

Tough football players will become harder and harder to find during this Snowflake Era that our society
is in. Mommies will be there to protect their babies from getting their feeling hurt and hand them another Tide Pod on request.

Everything I have heard about Randy Sanders from FSU fans is he is a POS and one of the causes of the down slide.

update....
ETSU: Head coach Randy Sanders has been fined one week’s pay for slapping a player’s helmet during a practice last week. Sanders will also receive a letter of reprimand from the University. The AP has a run down of the events which led to Sanders being docked one week’s pay. The relevant point for our audience is this, “Witnesses said the incident was surprising but many players noted they had seen “far worse disciplinary actions” in high school sports. All the witnesses said they didn’t consider the slap to be physically harmful and that it didn’t appear to be done with intent to hurt the player.”

Reactions: WV_Celt
All football players now need, teddy bears and puppy dogs so that they can cope with the tough coaching staffs that are trying to help them build character and become a man.

I remember getting pickup by my face mask by Phil Ratliff and him looking in my eyes spitting while he was chewing me out over something I did lol... oh well guess I should have cried about it and got him fired....

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT