ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL GAME THREAD Official C-USA Championship Game Thread: #4 Marshall vs. #3 Western Kentucky

Me too. Very nervous! Hope we come out hot. Never thought I would say this, but hope WVU wins as well. Penava cannot get into foul trouble early. Go Herd!!!

Reactions: ohio herd
We have to play a complete game and stay out of foul trouble. The margin to win is pretty thin for us.

Need to shoot it like the first half yesterday to counter WKUs ability to score in the paint.

Hopefully Penavas ankle is ok and our guards make a lot of shots.

It’s clear CUSA puts out a bid for the cheapest venue. I guess the Dallas HS wanted 50 bucks more for a four/day rental. Seriously! The Cowboy’s practice facility! ‍♂️

okay first half in the bag. We need to light up the scoreboard now with some 3's. If we can slow down their scoring in the paint we can do this. We need to cut down their second chance shots as well. Go Herd!

Reactions: ARandomHerdFan
That was a really fun game to watch. The refs did not try to take over the game like so many cusa games. BTW, I thought the facility was nice. Was not here for the games where both courts were used so don' know if noise was an issue there. Seating was about right due to lack of huge fan support it did not look empty like many games I have watched on t.v. before. Glad I was able to drive up for this one. Dan' interview comments were great.

All I can say is that it was a wild scene down at The Union! A celebration of young and old alike. I wonder what Terrence Thompson's daddy thinks now?

Reactions: ohio herd
It is sad......Terrence Thompson is not a part of this HERD HISTORY.

HerdZilla22 in Charlotte

Hey guys, did you all watch the above replay of the last 8 seconds? After Burks got his pass off to Elmore, a WKU player grabbed C.J. and threw him to the floor!!! Guess the Zebras had a plane to catch out of Frisco!!! About time the Herd got a good "NO call" from CUSA refs!!

Reactions: W-S HerdFan
Hey guys, did you all watch the above replay of the last 8 seconds? After Burks got his pass off to Elmore, a WKU player grabbed C.J. and threw him to the floor!!! Guess the Zebras had a plane to catch out of Frisco!!! About time the Herd got a good "NO call" from CUSA refs!!

That would be #4, the kid recruited from Buffalo that pulled C.J. to the floor.

HerdZilla22

There were about six chicken crap calls on Williams and Peneva. Then the reason we were missing so much inside was on account of "no calls' where they were beating us to death. Missed the thing about CJ, but there at the end when three guys tackled Jannson was incredible. This conference DID NOT want us to win the championship.

The eight non-Texas schools need to get their heads together and vote the headquarters out of Dallas and get rid of that joke of a commissioner.

"oldeherd, post: 527917, member: 1634"]Hey guys, did you all watch the above replay of the last 8 seconds? After Burks got his pass off to Elmore, a WKU player grabbed C.J. and threw him to the floor!!! Guess the Zebras had a plane to catch out of Frisco!!! About time the Herd got a good "NO call" from CUSA refs!!

......BUT - a video shows the angle from the left corner of the court behind where CJ is “helped” to the floor. It is awesome! Think of the QB who is leveled after releasing the winning TD pass. He looks up to see if his receiver made the catch. This was better. C.J. just sits up with his hands over his knees and watches while Jon, Jahnsen & Peneva play keep away for the last seconds. He watches Adjin toss the ball in the air & then he collapses. That’s when his teammates rushed up to pile on him. Great moment for the Herd!

11[/QUOTE]

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT