ADVERTISEMENT

Ohio Favored

bbneutralfan

Gold Buffalo
Sep 29, 2010
I hope not. OddsShark favors Ohio at present. Would not be surprised as the Ohio coach seems to somehow be better prepared than Doc.

Not only do they have a better coach, they also have a much better QB. I don't care even if Green comes out and plays well this week, the guy isn't consistent week to week. I think if AT isn't good enough to beat him out play a freshman.. I'd rather see growing pains from someone who has better fundamentals to develop into a better player. IMO Green has hit his ceiling for development. Also this offense which has been praised all off season had a hideous showing on national television, hopefully they figure out quick what the problem was.

OU is not "favored". The Oddshark TOUT website says take OU plus the points. Every book has MU - 5.5.

Oddshark, which gives its material away, is worth what you pay for it. Put in some work watching sports and read Phil Steele and you can beat that garbage site by 10 to 20% without trying.

Not only do they have a better coach, they also have a much better QB. I don't care even if Green comes out and plays well this week, the guy isn't consistent week to week. I think if AT isn't good enough to beat him out play a freshman.. I'd rather see growing pains from someone who has better fundamentals to develop into a better player. IMO Green has hit his ceiling for development. Also this offense which has been praised all off season had a hideous showing on national television, hopefully they figure out quick what the problem was.

Wow...you'd make a terrible coach.

Green is 8-3 as a starter and has yet to lose a CUSA game that he has started in. But he isn’t consistent?

Green is 8-3 as a starter and has yet to lose a CUSA game that he has started in. But he isn’t consistent?
So, if that is true, his 3 losses must have come against OOC teams. That doesn't look good for the next 2 games.

the Conference USA games he started last year **WKU 3-9 **Charlotte 5-7 **UTSA 3-9 **FIU 9-4 (only impressive victory)
Green vs all CUSA opponent record 20-29 40.8% (4-0)
Green vs out of conference G5/P5 opponent record 30-23 56.6% (2-3)
Green vs D-1 subdivision teams opponent record 8-5 61.5% (2-0)

So what I found, as long as the teams average win percentage is around 40% Green is our man, but once a team is average win percentage increases in the mid 50's its anyone's game. Luckily Green knows how to put away those D1 subdivision schools (2-0). So I'm wrong and you're right Green has been consistent........ at beating the bottom feeders and losing to nearly any team with a pulse. I understand we can't help how CUSA opponents pan out, but 8-3 in CUSA compared to 8-3 in any other conference is light years away with competitiveness

Last edited:
the Conference USA games he started last year **WKU 3-9 **Charlotte 5-7 **UTSA 3-9 **FIU 9-4 (only impressive victory)

So what I found, as long as the teams average win percentage is around 40% Green is our man, but once a team is average win percentage increases in the mid 50's its anyone's game. Luckily Green knows how to put away those D1 subdivision schools (2-0). So I'm wrong and you're right Green has been consistent........ at beating the bottom feeders and losing to nearly any team with a pulse. I understand we can't help how CUSA opponents pan out, but 8-3 in CUSA compared to 8-3 in any other conference is light years away with competitiveness
One season is a small sampling size. Using that logic, if ANY QB were to lose their first game as QB, we should never play them because they have a 0 winning percentage. Does Green make mistakes....ABSOLUTELY! Once upon a time we had some guy named Pennington that looked like trash a time or two in his career, but it all seemed to work out for him in the end. Is Green going to be the next CP, probably not...but I think he will be alright when it’s all said and done.

Reactions: ohio herd

sure , cause we all know that the MAC is way better than C-USA....SMH

One season is a small sampling size. Using that logic, if ANY QB were to lose their first game as QB, we should never play them because they have a 0 winning percentage. Does Green make mistakes....ABSOLUTELY! Once upon a time we had some guy named Pennington that looked like trash a time or two in his career, but it all seemed to work out for him in the end. Is Green going to be the next CP, probably not...but I think he will be alright when it’s all said and done.
IIRC in Chad's first start at UT Chat. he threw 5 INTs. MU still won. I believe a guy by the name of Terrell Owens played for UTC.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT