ADVERTISEMENT

Ohio Game Thread

So many things bother me about our basketball team...

In no particular order -

We have no presence in the paint on D
We have no presence in the paint on O
We do not even go after rebounds
Any lineup where Williams is playing the 5

Reactions: W-S HerdFan

In no particular order -

But we have Iran Bennett he is trying his best to lose weight

In no particular order -

To support your point, we are:
Getting out rebounded 29-11 (10-2 offensive boards)
OU is shooting 51% with a lot of open in the paint shots and put backs.

Outside of Burks and Elmore we are not doing anything.

Whats infuriating is seeing someone jack up a bad 3 with zero green jerseys in the paint... Only to watch the 4 other guys around the arc not crash the boards.

Bennett cant stay out of foul trouble
Sustic wants to play SG
Beyers looks lost whenever hes out there
Williams is playing center at 6'5 (and busting his tail, but hes too small to be our only "big" on the floor)

And Elmore was awol in the second half until he got a bunch of garbage points in the last 2 minutes.

Whats infuriating is seeing someone jack up a bad 3 with zero green jerseys in the paint... Only to watch the 4 other guys around the arc not crash the boards.

Bennett cant stay out of foul trouble
Sustic wants to play SG
Beyers looks lost whenever hes out there
Williams is playing center at 6'5 (and busting his tail, but hes too small to be our only "big" on the floor)
Williams is about 6-9.

Reactions: ohio herd
Williams is about 6-9.

If I were in the media guide I'd be listed at 6'4 (I'm 6'0).

Williams might be 6'7, being generous... Either way he is too small to be our only big man on the floor... Great kid, great shooter, plays his heart out, but he's not a center (or even a true PF) and shouldn't be expected to carry the load as such in the paint.

If I were in the media guide I'd be listed at 6'4 (I'm 6'0).

Williams might be 6'7, being generous... Either way he is too small to be our only big man on the floor... Great kid, great shooter, plays his heart out, but he's not a center (or even a true PF) and shouldn't be expected to carry the load as such in the paint.

Thanks for your kind words. Jannson is 6'9". He was recruited as a 3 stretch 4. That is natural position and what he prefers to play. That being said, he will play whatever position Coach asks of him.

Thanks for the clarification, herdinatl. I know MU has listed Jansson at 6'9" for a while and they list Darius George as being 6'7". Have seen them side by side on the floor on several occasions and Jansson is definitely taller. Glad he is in our program AT ANY Height!! Adds to it more than just his physical presence, IMO. Glad Darius is here, too. I believe these two young will accomplish a lot before hanging up the Kelly Green togs!!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT