ADVERTISEMENT

Ohio vs wv series

GreenDuke

Platinum Buffalo
Mar 1, 2007
The three game series announced today will take wv to Athens in 2025 before two return games in Mo-hole. This seems like a face slap for the Herd, but maybe I missed some details

It is a very AAC thing to do, which is where the Spamies will be in 25.

Two bordering state mid-majors playing each other. Nothing to see here.
Not being from WV originally, and not living in WV now, I don't have to deal with much of their fanbase's nonsense, so their position right now on the landscape of college football is fascinating to me... Somewhere in the gray area between the actual big boys and the ECU/Memphis/UCF's of the world. It will be very interesting to see where they fall when the dust settles.

Reactions: Raoul Duke MU
Not being from WV originally, and not living in WV now, I don't have to deal with much of their fanbase's nonsense, so their position right now on the landscape of college football is fascinating to me... Somewhere in the gray area between the actual big boys and the ECU/Memphis/UCF's of the world. It will be very interesting to see where they fall when the dust settles.
I have expressed my views on USPAM’s demographic nothingness in other threads, but I will add this. I have always saiid that it was rejected twice by the ACC. I was wrong. In watching some ACC history videos and some reading, USPAM was actually rejected by the ACC five times. In 1953, 1965, 1982, 2004, and 2013, This will make it an even half dozen.

You could probably split the P5 into 2 and even 3 tiers. Possibly even 4 if you wanted to split hairs. WVU is right at the the middle. They're neve ever going to be with Bama, OU, or tOSU at the top and they're not Kansas or Vanderbilt either. Some year's they're just above that middle line and some years they're just below it.

I'm bored so here's how I would put them.

Tier 1: Bama, LSU, Florida, Ohio State, Penn State, Oklahoma, Texas, Clemson, Notre Dame, USC,

Tier 2: Tennessee, Georgia, Auburn, Michigan, Nebraska, Wisconsin, FSU, Miami, Oregon

Tier 3: Arkansas, Missouri, Ole Miss, South Carolina, UK, Miss St, Indiana, Maryland, Michigan State, Iowa, Minnesota, Northwestern (I would have had them in 4 before Fitzgerald), Purdue, Baylor, Iowa State, KState, Oklahoma State, TCU, Texas A&M, Texas Tech, WVU, Boston College, Louisville, NCST, Georgia Tech, UNC, Pitt, UVA, VT, Arizona, Arizona St, Cal, Colorado, Oregon State, Stanford, Utah, Washington, Washington St.

Tier 4: Vanderbilt, Rutgers, Illinois, Kansas, Syracuse, Wake Forest, Duke

This was just glancing at the conference and my first thoughts. To me tier 4 are teams that are average to below average teams year in and year out and no one ever seems really invested in them. There are schools that currently you could argue into there.

Tier 1 is obvious. These are destination job programs that are more often than not at the top each and every season, while Tier 2 is for teams either have a national title or are or have been in the conversations. They have history. Until Dabo I would have had Clemson in Tier 2.

Tier 3 is for schools that are just schools that field competitive teams, make bowls, but they're never really ever in legit national championship conversations. They might have a special season ever 15-20 years, but for they aren't jobs you would leave for the schools in the tiers above them.

Note: I did not rank the schools in each tier. I listed them as I saw them.

Reactions: RhinoD
Guys I am no fan of wvu but when the dust settles they will be in a P4 conference, mark it down

It is a very AAC thing to do, which is where the Spamies will be in 25.

Two bordering state mid-majors playing each other. Nothing to see here.

The three game series announced today will take wv to Athens in 2025 before two return games in Mo-hole. This seems like a face slap for the Herd, but maybe I missed some details
This is probably a very smart move by OU. In 2025 they will sell every available season ticket, 75% of them to wv fans, albeit those season tickets can probably be had for about $75.

You could probably split the P5 into 2 and even 3 tiers. Possibly even 4 if you wanted to split hairs. WVU is right at the the middle. They're neve ever going to be with Bama, OU, or tOSU at the top and they're not Kansas or Vanderbilt either. Some year's they're just above that middle line and some years they're just below it.

I'm bored so here's how I would put them.

Tier 1: Bama, LSU, Florida, Ohio State, Penn State, Oklahoma, Texas, Clemson, Notre Dame, USC,

Tier 2: Tennessee, Georgia, Auburn, Michigan, Nebraska, Wisconsin, FSU, Miami, Oregon

Tier 3: Arkansas, Missouri, Ole Miss, South Carolina, UK, Miss St, Indiana, Maryland, Michigan State, Iowa, Minnesota, Northwestern (I would have had them in 4 before Fitzgerald), Purdue, Baylor, Iowa State, KState, Oklahoma State, TCU, Texas A&M, Texas Tech, WVU, Boston College, Louisville, NCST, Georgia Tech, UNC, Pitt, UVA, VT, Arizona, Arizona St, Cal, Colorado, Oregon State, Stanford, Utah, Washington, Washington St.

Tier 4: Vanderbilt, Rutgers, Illinois, Kansas, Syracuse, Wake Forest, Duke

This was just glancing at the conference and my first thoughts. To me tier 4 are teams that are average to below average teams year in and year out and no one ever seems really invested in them. There are schools that currently you could argue into there.

Tier 1 is obvious. These are destination job programs that are more often than not at the top each and every season, while Tier 2 is for teams either have a national title or are or have been in the conversations. They have history. Until Dabo I would have had Clemson in Tier 2.

Tier 3 is for schools that are just schools that field competitive teams, make bowls, but they're never really ever in legit national championship conversations. They might have a special season ever 15-20 years, but for they aren't jobs you would leave for the schools in the tiers above them.

Note: I did not rank the schools in each tier. I listed them as I saw them.
This is a pretty good list... I may move Indiana down a tier and Texas AM up one, but I think you've about hit the nail on the head.

Reactions: BleedsGreen33
WVU is obviously not going to get left behind- either people like Sammy do not understand college football and the big business around it, or they just hate WVU, close their eyes and for some reason hope that WVU will inexplicably get left behind.

You need to just face the facts, there is literally a 0% chance WVU joins the AAC or otherwise gets left behind. You picked a very odd, and pathetic, hill to die on lol

You better get with the program. When Crap-ridi tells that, either the Leftover LIttle 8 plus, I don’t know, BYU and Cincy, or some like, IS true major football; or that the AAC is, you must be ready to accept this without thought.

Of course, believing idiocy is the main requirement for following “your” (same words as on your road card, no actual relationship) program.

WVU is obviously not going to get left behind- either people like Sammy do not understand college football and the big business around it, or they just hate WVU, close their eyes and for some reason hope that WVU will inexplicably get left behind.

You need to just face the facts, there is literally a 0% chance WVU joins the AAC or otherwise gets left behind. You picked a very odd, and pathetic, hill to die on lol
Sam is the most committed troll in the history of the internet. There's no way he believes what he says but, by God, he's been consistent in saying it for a long time.

Isn’t it odd how many Spamites monitor this board for some mention of their meaningless program>

Of course, one way to get ahead is to know what your betters think of you.

This is a pretty good list... I may move Indiana down a tier and Texas AM up one, but I think you've about hit the nail on the head.
Funny you say that. I considered the same with those two. I actually did have aTm up one when I first did it.

You better get with the program. When Crap-ridi tells that, either the Leftover LIttle 8 plus, I don’t know, BYU and Cincy, or some like, IS true major football; or that the AAC is, you must be ready to accept this without thought.

Of course, believing idiocy is the main requirement for following “your” (same words as on your road card, no actual relationship) program.
ND will be in a conference before BYU is. They have a ton of mormon money behind them and their refusal to play sports on certain days causes scheduling conflicts throughout all their sports. They refused to budge on that.

BYU is Notre Dame lite. They are a very well respected program, have no issues scheduling, and they have a huge donor base and revenue stream that is never going away. They just had one donor set up NIL deal to make sure every walk-on is being paid enough to pay for their school like they were on scholarship.

Anyone else note that in 2025 when the Neers journey to Athens, the Bobkitties also come to H-town to face the Herd. Likewise, IIRC, when OU journeys in 2027 to play at WV, they will also host the HERD in Athens. Compare scores, anyone?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT