ADVERTISEMENT

One of John's streaks continues

banker6796

Platinum Buffalo
Jan 15, 2007
he maintains his streak of never having had a team ranked in the top half of FBS in total offense without Cato behind center. Fifteen QB recruits and only one of those has lead us to a better finish than 64th.

Sucked, struggled is too generous of a word

Finished - 180/313 for 2,265 yards 14 TDs and 9 INTs

He had three games where he threw for under 100 yards.

@ Boise - 10/17 for 56 yards and 1 INT
@ Charlotte - 6/17 for 86 yards and 2 INTs
vs FIU - 9/20 for 90 yards and 1 TD

Pretty bad. Some would say awful.

I said it last year, I'll repeat it. Green will be fine if the coaches lose their conservative play calling.

Compare the stats of Green (313 attempts) and Leftwich (457 attempts) in sophmore years. QB rating Green (127), Leftwich (134). Big difference is the number of attempts and the receiving corps of the 2.

I said it last year, I'll repeat it. Green will be fine if the coaches lose their conservative play calling.

Compare the stats of Green (313 attempts) and Leftwich (457 attempts) in sophmore years. QB rating Green (127), Leftwich (134). Big difference is the number of attempts and the receiving corps of the 2.

Another big issue (out of many) is our receivers' inability to get separation. But, that's when you design more plays for the capable Tight Ends.

Green has had a few games this year in which he looked pretty good.

Reactions: cottrell75
Another big issue (out of many) is our receivers' inability to get separation. But, that's when you design more plays for the capable Tight Ends.

Green has had a few games this year in which he looked pretty good.

Green appears to be unable to read a defense. He locks on his first read. It’s almost as if that’s how the offense had to be designed. Very simple WR routes, without much creativity or complexity. This makes it very simple for coverages when game film is studied.

Additionally at one point yesterday (during the go ahead drive in regulation) you had both Gaines and Knox standing on the sidelines watching!!??? The only potential “game breaker” on the field was Obi. Mind boggling to say the least. Easy to defend this set up. (Thank goodness we have a run game in Knox).

Green is terrible when used specifically as a runner on the option. His throwing mechanics are terrible which make him inconsistent on throws. He seems to lack concentration at critical times. No one will ever accuse him of being a “field general”.

With all this...I still think Green has potential (in this pathetic league). There are sparks of something there. I’m not blaming the kid. Like many of Docs “athletes” I blame the overall lack of development & growth on the coaching staff.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT