ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Berkeley County

jeremycriss

Platinum Buffalo
Gold Member
Dec 1, 2006
Random observations.....as part of our daily preparations to combat the COVID-19 pandemic and keep all lines of communication open within our organization, my company has a daily 90 minute call for all domestic offices. Each day I give an update about our office in Huntington as well as a high level overview about the state. The number of COVID-19 cases in Berkeley County stood out to me given that you just don't usually hear much about what goes on in that part of the state. Upon further review I noticed that between 2000 and 2019 roughly 45,000 people moved to Berkeley County. Essentially, the city of Huntington moved to Berkeley County between '00 and '19. That's just astonishing considering ~16,000 people left the state of WV during that same time period and our largest county (Kanawha) went from 200,000 to 178,000 during that same time.
From what I understand, many people from northern Virginia and the DC area have flocked to the eastern panhandle to get away from gridlock, crime, etc. and many commute back into DC and northern Virginia each day.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News