ADVERTISEMENT

Ouch

Meanwhile, herdit44 appears to be a Herd Fever copycat.

We all copy someone. I was just thinking about it earlier as I was listening to some George Jones. Who have I copied the most in my life? The old man back on that hill. Much as I raised hell with him and vowed not to do certain things he did like enable bums, other than that I've ended up a hell of a lot like him.

Meanwhile, herdit44 appears to be a Herd Fever copycat.

We all copy someone. I was just thinking about it earlier as I was listening to some George Jones. Who have I copied the most in my life? The old man back on that hill. Much as I raised hell with him and vowed not to do certain things he did like enable bums, other than that I've ended up a hell of a lot like him.

close, except i understand the difference between your/you're.

But how do you spell a name wrong that's right there on the screen?

A whole bunch of people on here do it. They all end up being pretty stupid though. That huntersdl spelled it like that. Herd Fever. There have been others that I can't remember. Probably the guy who wasn't a real engineer or the one who mooched off his girlfriend.

What shtick? I am just an old grumpy white guy that gets a victory now and again.

you definitely have your shtick and have for as long as i remember on these boards. no need to hijack walden's (there, better for you?) shtick and the way he speaks/types.

How is it not? You have a first lady publicly swiping away at her husband's attempt to hold her hand. These people have absolutely no presidential blood in them; they lack basic couth that children are polished enough to have.

It continues to be an embarrassment.

Of course you find this newsworthy. First, you are one of the raging libs who continue to be incensed over Hillary's lost. Second, you are part of the generation that is immersed in the same entertainment/celeb culture that mistakes outlets like TMZ and Twitter for actual news sources. This is right up there with Kanye West stiffing a waiter or what Barack Obama wore to lunch as shit I couldn't care less about.

Yep, to try to keep Obama out. Still proud of that vote. I fought that all the way. I hated when it happened. Was shocked, but I had to get over it and move on.

These losers this time around aren't handling it well. Probably because they thought they had it won. Back in '08 and '12, I pretty much figured we'd get our asses kicked. Was still shocking though to see Jackie Robinson as president.

The Dems want The Rock to run. Good looking, athletic, mixed race, energetic, and most importantly mixed race. Can't wait to hear his qualifications as they have bashed Trump's.

But, a guy like that is their only hope. They need a mixed breed or black guy.

The Dems want The Rock to run. Good looking, athletic, mixed race, energetic, and most importantly mixed race. Can't wait to hear his qualifications as they have bashed Trump's.

But, a guy like that is their only hope. They need a mixed breed or black guy.

Chelsea Manning is young, but she fits multiple profiles.

Of course you find this newsworthy. First, you are one of the raging libs who continue to be incensed over Hillary's lost. Second, you are part of the generation that is immersed in the same entertainment/celeb culture that mistakes outlets like TMZ and Twitter for actual news sources. This is right up there with Kanye West stiffing a waiter or what Barack Obama wore to lunch as shit I couldn't care less about.

The president having part of a public spat with the first lady is newsworthy. It would be newsworthy in every single country with their leader. Hell, how much did we hear about Obama and his smoking of cigarettes? He was at least polished enough to hide it to extreme extents knowing that it wasn't presidential. Yet, the morons we have in there now have no view or care about tact.

Claiming that a public spat with the president and his wife is as newsworthy as a rapper stiffing a waiter on a tip shows bias of Herdman proportions.

TMZ is a legit news source for their avenue. Their focus is on the entertainment industry including music, movies, television, and sports. They do a great job in breaking news for those industries. Nobody relies on them for political news.

Also don't care that Obama smoked. He's a grown, freaking man. If he wants to smoke, have at it. Again, not newsworthy.

Also don't care that Obama smoked. He's a grown, freaking man. If he wants to smoke, have at it. Again, not newsworthy.

President cheats on his wife - not newsworthy, he is a grown freaking man.
President look at some kid and calls him a "fvcking little piece of shit" for stepping in front of him - not newsworthy, he is a grown freaking man.

See how ridiculous you sound? The way a president acts, especially in public, is entirely newsworthy. He is the leader of the country and supposed to be a role model for all citizens, including children. When tax dollars are being used to fund public health campaigns, fund healthcare, etc., a president smoking is newsworthy. It goes against what the government is doing with our money. It is a bad example. Likewise, when a president has a public spat with his spouse, it also is newsworthy. They are supposed to be role models held to a high standard of conduct, dignity, and class. Not upholding those standards are newsworthy events.

The only thing ridiculous are your proposed comparisons, which are far afield from whether or not someone smokes or their wife is pissed at them.

You like to tout your intellectual superiority, yet you are attempting to use false equivalents to make a point. Poor form.

Reactions: 19MU88
The only thing ridiculous are your proposed comparisons, which are far afield from whether or not someone smokes or their wife is pissed at them.

You like to tout your intellectual superiority, yet you are attempting to use false equivalents to make a point. Poor form.

It's not false equivalence. You claimed you didn't care because he is a grown man. You don't care that he is taking part in an action that directly contradicts the government's stance and dollars on an issue. Yo don't care that he is being a poor role-model by taking part in an extremely unhealthy habit.

Those things are more public and related to tax payer money than a president who cheats on his wife in public. So, why would you care if a grown man cheats? It wouldn't be newsworthy, right?

I personally don't care if a President cheats on his wife unless he is using taxpayer money to take her on trips with him, etc.
However, it would certainly be more newsworthy than smoking.

Cheating on a spouse involves dishonesty and infidelity - things that put someone's trustworthiness and moral compass in question. A great number of people would want to know if their elected leader is a liar, making it much more newsworthy than sneaking a smoke.

So, yes. You utilized false equivalencies to try and bolster your argument, and got called out on it in an epic fail. Now, true to form, you will continue to keep digging and fighting because you are incapable of admitting you screwed up.

Reactions: 19MU88
Yeah, who'd want her?

It was supposed to be her turn. What a sad story. Her whole life, all the terrible things she endured. It was like she deserved to be president now. Like the Grinch, Trump came along and took it.

It's no wonder they can't get over it. Too sad. Might as well let them grieve. They're still in the anger stage, blaming others. When is the looking inward stage? I'd wager never in this case, but we'll see.

Reactions: Walter Brennaneer
I personally don't care if a President cheats on his wife unless he is using taxpayer money to take her on trips with him, etc.
However, it would certainly be more newsworthy than smoking.

Cheating on a spouse involves dishonesty and infidelity - things that put someone's trustworthiness and moral compass in question. A great number of people would want to know if their elected leader is a liar, making it much more newsworthy than sneaking a smoke.

So, yes. You utilized false equivalencies to try and bolster your argument, and got called out on it in an epic fail. Now, true to form, you will continue to keep digging and fighting because you are incapable of admitting you screwed up.

Telling people to do one thing, then doing another as a leader, is also something people don't like to see. It is even more newsworthy when those people see their money going towards the message the president presents, yet watch him do the exact opposite of his message.

Face it, presidents acting in a manner which doesn't positively represent the office is newsworthy. That includes a president cheating (which you say you don't care about), a president smoking, and a president having a prolonged spat with a spouse shown in public. Those things are all newsworthy; don't believe me? Check out how many media outlets reported on all of those things. If nobody cared about them, media outlets wouldn't report them, since they survive based on the public's choice of what news to consume.

giphy.gif

I laffed

ADVERTISEMENT