Platinum Buffalo
Aug 14, 2002
Sarasota, FL
6UNT
7LA TECH
8MU
9FAU
10FIU

May have the Fla directionals flipped, but based on h2h I believe LATECH is ahead of us....

No, we travel to UNT and LaTech both. Play UNT first apparently, so guess we travel next weekend and probably the following Thursday too.

No, we travel to UNT and LaTech both. Play UNT first apparently, so guess we travel next weekend and probably the following Thursday too.

Plane trip to...Play @ La Tech (Thursday Feb 28 @ 7:30 EST)....plane trip to N Texas (Sat March 2 @ 4:00 PM......Home to FIU, Wed, March 6 @7:00 PM and finish against FAU (Sat, Feb 9 @ 2:00 PM)

Hope to build some MO JO heading to CUSA in Frisco, Tx....????

Predictions on the Final 4 contests?

I hate to admit....(1-3 with the win against FAU). My son...ever the optimist, predicts a 4-0 SWEEP for The HERD.

HerdZilla22 in Rainy Charlotte

I think 1-3 is realistic. We can’t play on the road and don’t play well enough at home lately to win 2 in a row.

I'll say 2-2 but hope the time off before the LT game allows us to regroup, heal and recharge so that we finish the regular season by going 3-1 over these final four games.

Plane trip to...Play @ La Tech (Thursday Feb 28 @ 7:30 EST)....plane trip to N Texas (Sat March 2 @ 4:00 PM......Home to FIU, Wed, March 6 @7:00 PM and finish against FAU (Sat, Feb 9 @ 2:00 PM)

I hate to admit....(1-3 with the win against FAU). My son...ever the optimist, predicts a 4-0 SWEEP for The HERD.

I'm with your son!

Reactions: herd2believe
1-3 at best, most likely 0-4. Then one and done in Frisco. Reality.

Oh Sam. No real reason to play another second! What Sam has proclaimed will certainly come to pass, because our great & wonderful Oracle has spoken!!
Sam predicting war in the Pacific (just after Pearl): 1 year to our defeat, but most likely 6 months. Then another year until Hitler takes up residence in the White House. Get ready for sushi and bratwurst....

Moron.......

Zillow, I believe the @UNT game is on Sunday 03/03.......

Reactions: Herdmeister
Are any of the CUSA coaches really happy with this sit up in terms of the amount of time they have to wait until they play? I’m sure DD must have some concerns waiting almost two weeks to play since our last game.

Are any of the CUSA coaches really happy with this sit up in terms of the amount of time they have to wait until they play? I’m sure DD must have some concerns waiting almost two weeks to play since our last game.
Whomever dreamed up this nonsense to give teams almost two weeks off in February must have ate too many Tide pods

Reactions: The Real SamC
Oh Sam. No real reason to play another second! What Sam has proclaimed will certainly come to pass, because our great & wonderful Oracle has spoken!!
Sam predicting war in the Pacific (just after Pearl): 1 year to our defeat, but most likely 6 months. Then another year until Hitler takes up residence in the White House. Get ready for sushi and bratwurst....

Moron.......
Peneva made this team last year...he created lots of match up problems and his defense just shut people down...then the big freshman and the two juco's gave us zero help. Honestly, we will know what kind of team MU has in these next four games...can Burkes and Elmore find a way to get some wins....its gut check time...

btw...still trying to figure out who told Peneva he was an NBA prospect?

Reactions: kdbherdon
Peneva made this team last year...he created lots of match up problems and his defense just shut people down...then the big freshman and the two juco's gave us zero help. Honestly, we will know what kind of team MU has in these next four games...can Burkes and Elmore find a way to get some wins....its gut check time...

I HERD his parents were major influencers...caught Dan by surprise!

HerdZilla22

Reactions: pdbailey

He is making big bucks in Spain now. Mike and Danny both think he will get a shot by playing in the Euro League. Second best pro league in the world behind NBA

Reactions: 19MU88
Whomever dreamed up this nonsense to give teams almost two weeks off in February must have ate too many Tide pods

Yep. And, when CUSA gets exactly what it would have got under the same schedule system we used forever and which every other conference uses, we will see what a waste it all was. ONE team in the NCAAs, seeded somewhere between 12th and 14th, ONE team in the NIT, maybe; and a couple of meaningless pay to plays.

This is a one bid league. You could have the top two teams play each other 40 times and that is not changing.

Yep. And, when CUSA gets exactly what it would have got under the same schedule system we used forever and which every other conference uses, we will see what a waste it all was. ONE team in the NCAAs, seeded somewhere between 12th and 14th, ONE team in the NIT, maybe; and a couple of meaningless pay to plays.

This is a one bid league. You could have the top two teams play each other 40 times and that is not changing.
well give them credit for being pro active and trying to make the league better.

Reactions: chuck1069
The way you make this league better is not with gimmick scheduling, but by demanding the third of the league that makes no serious effort at basketball step it up.

There is no reason we should not be in the top 5 of this league, EVERY year.

The way you make this league better is not with gimmick scheduling, but by demanding the third of the league that makes no serious effort at basketball step it up.

I asked you this in another thread but didn't see a reply.

What are the 4-5 schools you think don't try in basketball?

I see you are giving yourself some breathing room in terms of expectations for Marshall in CUSA. In another thread you stated we should be in the top 3 every year! Now it’s top 5.......I can go with that.

He is making big bucks in Spain now. Mike and Danny both think he will get a shot by playing in the Euro League. Second best pro league in the world behind NBA
He’s played in 3 games with the team averaging less time per game than Iran Bennett and has exactly 2 points. He won’t be sniffing a shot at the nba any time soon

Reactions: kdbherdon
He’s played in 3 games with the team averaging less time per game than Iran Bennett and has exactly 2 points. He won’t be sniffing a shot at the nba any time soon
He was injured and he is playing behind some MEN. Nobody said he would make the NBA "soon". I just know that Mike and Danny said that going there gave him a better shot than the G League here. Also a lot more money.

He was injured and he is playing behind some MEN. Nobody said he would make the NBA "soon". I just know that Mike and Danny said that going there gave him a better shot than the G League here. Also a lot more money.

From those glaring stats, Herdmeister, sounds like they are paying Adjin good money based on "potential" than on any real production.

Bet he, if not his parents, is having 2nd thoughts about leaving MU. Or perhaps there were other considerations, e.g., family, that had nothing to do with basketball.

I asked you this in another thread but didn't see a reply.

What are the 4-5 schools you think don't try in basketball?

Actually you just said you would be interested in seeing my list, I did not interpret that as a question because no serious student of the sport can disagree that only a token effort is made by the bottom of this league. But since you asked now:

Lets start with the two schools where nobody cares about football either. Our two directional Floridas. FIU and FAU both play in something they call an arena, but which I would call a gym. Each seats a whopping 5000. FIU claims to draw 1059 per game last year, FAU 1222, but anyone who has watched a game there knows even these numbers are made up. It is like watching a WV HS girls game. NOBODY IS THERE. Nobody. Because no one cares. And remember, each school has over 50000 students who can get in FREE, and they are located in a continious metro area of over SIX MILLION PEOPLE. FIU sells tickets for $10/per. FAU charges $12. And each draws a few dozen people per game.

Then lets look at Texas, where the two most popular sports are football and football practice. Rice, which last went to the tournament in 1970, plays in what used to accurately be called the Rice Gym before they sold the naming rights. They, and they have an almost closed campus deal where the rich kid students stay there and are entertained by the school as a part of what rich daddy is paying. Charges $12/per to the public. Drew 1837 game last year. In Houston, the fourth largest metro area in the country. And then there is UTSA 30,000 students who could get in free. Plays in a 2.6K seat G Y M . Any HS gym you can think of around the region's newer consolidated HSs is a better gym. It is a gym. It drew 1227 last year. Or so it claimed, more like 227 would be accurate. Tickets are FIVE DOLLARS. In one of the fastest growing cities in the country. FIVE DOLLARS. What does Cabell Midland charge?

These four schools, at least, have no interest in basketball. They play it because they want to play football and it is a cost of doing that. The students don't care, the administrations don't care, the townies don't care. NO ONE CARES.

And, while they make an effort, Louisiana Tech 2270 per, USM 2480 per, and UNT 3476 per also should get a mention. And UTEP's glory days were 50 years ago.

We are SUPPOSED to beat these teams. 99 times out of 100, we, and the other good basketball schools should have automatic wins over all of them and settle it among ourselves. Every year. Automatic.

Because CUSA is a football league, made up of teams all trying to play football at the same level, with different basketball ideas.

Some of the posters here remind me, sorry to say, of a WVU fan, c. 1985. "Usens won that there Atlantic 10. Usens beat them there St. Bonaventure, Rhode Island, Rutgers and what not." Umm, yeah, you were supposed to, you have 100 fans for every one they have, it was not an accomplishment. When you lose, that is news

well if you can get them to step up then don't make the better teams play them....kinda simple and smart

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT