ADVERTISEMENT

Over Under

I Herd dat

Green Buffalo
Jul 20, 2016
Marshall over under on wins is 8.5 on bovada. The over has to be the lock bet of the year. Even if there was a bad loss somewhere 9 wins is still way more likely than 8.

I wouldn't call it a lock. Pitt, Louisville and Southern Miss will all be favored, though personally, I think we will give Southern Miss all they want. We have always played well on the road there...even one of the Snide's teams won. We should be favored in the other 9, but WKU won't be easy.

Pitt will have their best team in several years and actually didn't change coaches in the off season for once.

Reactions: Marine03
I think Pitt is more of a lock loss than UofL. UofL we get at home sandwiched between two conference Giants.

I hope you're right, but I also think there will be more green at the Pitt game than purple. Sometimes winning on the road is way less pressure because there's nothing to lose when you're the road underdog.

Living in Morgantown until last year, and being in a Pittsburgh TV market, I had to constantly hear/read about how it was the year Pitt was "back". I'll believe it when it actually happens, and then only grudgingly.

I don't think a W is a lock, but I feel odds should be in favor of The Herd.

Back to back games with two P5 opponents will be the stiffest test Marshall has faced in years. Besides, I still worry about the Herd's ability to go on the road and win any game but with Pittsburgh, the Herd will face an imposing physical line play on both sides of the ball.

Realistically, I like Marshall's chances of beating a Top 15 team at home better than beating the Panthers in the Burgh.

Nobody is that f***ing stupid.

Pitt's colors, taken just like WVU's from the yankee uniform of Civil War times, because sports teams evolved out of ROTC at both schools, have always been blue and yellow. Both schools have variated the shades of blue all the way from medium / royal blue to midnight blue (d*** near black) with multiple stops in between; and both have swapped between actual yellow (same as Michigan or Cal) and gold (same as Purdue or Notre Dame).

Pitt's colors have never been purple.

Pitt announced last spring that it is returning to the "script" logo used between 1973-96 for all sports. The panther head and the block letter Pitt (which is what we used on our schedule poster) will be phased out as uniforms are replaced.

BTW, people that know where the WVU colors come from do see the irony in the recent use of Confederate gray.

A Spamie that does not even know what "his" (same words as on his DL, no actual relationship) team's ex-rivals colors are. Of course, one forgets a lot when one is a field filler in the Little 8 with no modern rivals at all. I think you guys have a real shot at beating Iowa State this year.

Reactions: Marine03
I see us beating either UL or Pitt but not both. I see at least 1 loss in conference play. 10-2 in my book.

Reactions: I Herd dat
We may be better than we expect to be when it comes down to playing the Games this year! Marshall is not a cake walk for UL or Pitt as would WVU for that matter!
Doc has been building a Monster and we are in for a real treat this year! This can be a statement year where instead of lobbing for a position in the realignment process we play our way in by beating up the top 25 or so teams for the next few years!

I keep reading about Pitt's physical line play and how we'll struggle with it. Remember all the crap they said prior to the bowl last year about UCONN's line play? How they outweighed us and would push us around. Hmmmmm.

Reactions: andy4theherd
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT