ADVERTISEMENT

Pick the score thread App @ Herd

W-S HerdFan

Platinum Buffalo
Aug 14, 2002
Sarasota, FL
This game is the best natural rivalry game we have had over the last 40 years. They have the series lead, but in the last several we have had some success. It burned them up 2 years ago that they could be held down to 7 pts, and then we took them to the limit last year in Boone before losing late by 1. An App fan on SunBelt BBS summed it up:
I’ve been watching these games since the 90’s and I have yet to see Marshall come into this game unfocused.
Hopefully all the dominos fall just right:
MU 24
App 23

p.s. with Huff’s newly crafted game plan, we have to
a: win the t.o.p. by a good bit, while
b. not letting the 1st qtr end 21-0, &
c. Laborn goes for 125+ & finally
d. zero turnovers.

Last edited:
Apps defense helps our offense score points and our defense keeps App 2 points below their road average.
26-24 Herd

I have a old school southern conference feeling about this one. 28-10 Appy.

I think our D stays on the field too long. App can score via the run or pass. Our O is midget league putrid.

App 24
Herds 10

What's the Herd's home record against FBS competition under Huff? 2-5, IIRC?

App State 24- Herd 13, if the defense is responsible for a TD. Otherwise 24-9

Reactions: The Real SamC
Too long a drive to come up expecting anything but a victory. Feel our defense will win this one for us, would not be surprised to see a pick six and The Herd wins the turnover battle...Marshall 17 App State 10.

Reactions: W-S HerdFan
1 point safety.
Love it. I remember watching one happen live on tv once. Texas Vs Texas AM. Although. Unless I am just flat out wrong. A team can’t end with just one point because only the offensive team on a two point conversion can score on a one point safety.

Love it. I remember watching one happen live on tv once. Texas Vs Texas AM. Although. Unless I am just flat out wrong. A team can’t end with just one point because only the offensive team on a two point conversion can score on a one point safety.
I should have said two points, I was thinking of an intercepted 2-pont conversion or PAT. For some reason I thought an intercepted PAT was worth one point if it were returned for a touchdown and two points for an intercepted 2-point conversion returned for a touchdown.

I had no idea that existed. Awesome.

It was confusing to watch play out. I was watching the Texas game when one of them happened. Myself and my brother in law have watched a ton of football in our lives. We watched it happen and didn’t think anything of it. Then when they met and announced what happened we were both shocked.

Reactions: ohio herd
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT