ADVERTISEMENT

We’re not the only SBC team …

W-S HerdFan

Platinum Buffalo
Aug 14, 2002
Sarasota, FL
complaining about their coaching staffs! Louisiana & 2nd year HC Desormeaux after consecutive losses to West cellar dwellers Arky State & USM:

I Root For: Louisiana
RE: Southern Miss at Louisiana 11/9 6:30 (CST) ESPNU

I don’t want to hear anyone talk about how bad their coaching staff is. Ours is worse and we don’t fire coaches. So we will suck for another 2 more years.

See you guys in the spring sorts threads.

Also of note, and pertinent to the ad nauseam threads we have going about Huff & Co: They apparently changed up OC duties/philosophy 2 games prior vs App. That has resulted in much better offense & a 2-1 record over last 3 games. Folks in Cajun land asking us to hold their beer!

Last edited:
Reactions: TwolfHerdfan
For reference: Southern beat Louisiana 34-31 in OT last night for their 2nd win in a row…
Southern played a freshmen QB for much of the second half and he did well. LA has used three QB's this year at various times. I can't believe these teams don't just stick with one QB, don't they know that the way it should be done? LOL!

From USM fan:

Hall (HC) had been running the offense and calling plays. After the South Al @sswhooping, because that's what it were, he turned over play calling duties to his QB coach and OC. He's then been focusing on other aspects, you know being a HC instead of a HC/OC.

Soooo……in bizarro world, Huff should take over calling the plays on offense?

From USM fan:

Soooo……in bizarro world, Huff should take over calling the plays on offense?
No reason too, I call the plays before the balls snapped nearly every down, been the same scheme since 2010. This scheme has only worked with 1 record setting QB who actually had a coach for 2 years…

No reason too, I call the plays before the balls snapped nearly every down, been the same scheme since 2010. This scheme has only worked with 1 record setting QB who actually had a coach for 2 years…
It only makes sense to have a coach specifically assigned to the most important position in the game. I guess that’s why we don’t do it? 🤷‍♂️

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT