ADVERTISEMENT

players leaveing/ kicked/transfering and 2017 players yet to be named

herdinmichigan

Bronze Buffalo
Gold Member
Mar 7, 2007
I see a major lose of players atleast 2 rbs 2 qbs 2 oline men 1 dlinemen and atleast 2 lbs dont make there grades.and im not sure of the # of kids we can get in this class but tbh it wont be enough to fill in the huge gaps of this off season.So then we look at jc kids and how good of a player can we pull from there tbh if im a jc kid im not looking at marshall and even a high school player.Dont think for a sec that these players don't look into whats going on and with the internet and cell phones people talk faster now and can look up and got ahold of eachother faster then ever now. So the season may be over but this train wreck has just started.

Man, one bad year and we are ready to put the program in the ground. Three years before this we were 33-8. I wouldn't say we are ready to die just yet. Now, after next season, we can look at it more objectively and decide if we have a trend or an anomaly.

Yes this is 1 bad year but you can see a lot in this year. I saw a team flat out quit. I saw a team poorly coached and prepared. And I saw a very slow team. And I see a teams talent decimated by attrition. What you see on the field is superficial to what is going on behind closed doors. I truly believe that.

It is much easier to go from a 10-3 year to 3-9 than it is to go from a 3-9 year to 10-3. This could take a while.

Reactions: BackpageNews
And he's been owned by Ohio University since he started. It took a home game with our best squad in a decade to finally beat them.

Doc is 13-26 against G5 teams with winning records during his tenure.

That said...if he will just recruit the right assistant coaches, he would be fine. He also needs to take the headset off unless he is willing to let someone disconnect his mic. I couldn't imagine what useless coaching guidance he is trying to give.

Keep hearing this 33-8, one bad year thing.

Please name the 5 best wins of Doc's 7 years.
just wanted to play but here goes :

Purdue, yes they sucked, but they are B1G, Maryland, LT- Champ Game, ECU for the division title 2013, ECU 2011 for a bowl birth, Louisville-2011

You stupid people. Going from 10-3 and 3 straight 10 win seasons to being the worst team in the division is not just one bad season. DOC has allowed this program to slide of its cracker. He didnt lose a season he lost a program. We lost to charlotte, we are beneath them. One bad season,,bullcrap its far worse than that.

I hate to say it but sistersville is spot on. Doc is letting the program slide and we are now three days past the last game and Doc has done nothing - no coaches dismissed. And some of you will say he does not need to inform us. Yes he does. Marshall is a public university and our dollars pay to support the athletic programs so hell yes we are entitled to know. The longer he waits to come public about all of what is going will create an unimaginable financial headache for Hamrick. Be honest with yourself. Who wants to pay to see an atrocious team play that will now have to rebuild what took us so long after the crash to get to where we were. Now this. Terrible.

Reactions: beefcake0520
Yep, the slide started last year "on the field", our offense fell off quite a bit but it was hard to tell if it was due to a freshman qb or there were a lot more issues than that. This year told the tell. The difference between last year and this year is last year we had a solid D to bail out our offense many times, this year our d is in rebuilding mode due to attrition and graduation. To me, the glaring issue is since Hartley left, and Seider, our recruiting has fallen off in a major way, we aren't getting producers to fill gaps like we were getting under them. Recruiting has to be addressed, we are no longer outmanning the underlings of our own crap conference. Maybe its taking too many risks instead of just going after the solid player, I really don't know, but its obvious that the non high risk players we did take aren't up to the task and lacking considerably. We are lacking speed at skill set position, and the football IQ is lacking too, bad combo. How many Qb's do we have to recruit to sit and watch them fizzle and leave as well. Doc saying personel issues is an understatement.

As far as coaches, shew where do you begin. Start with Legg, his offense worked with Cato simply because Cato could turn a turd into a good play, many plays broke down that he was able to save. We do not have a Cato like Qb to do that right now so it falls back on the crap playbook that legg uses..........and he doesn't adjust to what he has to work with. He did with Anderson, so I do not know why he wants to put a square peg in a round hole, the read and ride doesn't work with chase or whoever else is on the team. Proof is in the numbers, compare 2012 to now, you see the major drop off after Cato left. Legg needs to go, if he can't adjust and use what we have, then he is not a good OC. Second, Mirabol has done nothing but lead our Oline from average to way below average since he has been here, he is the next one that needs to go. Wr coach, we never had a good one here in my opinion, the WR quit on the plays after running their vanilla routes, lack speed and suck as getting separation, have for while. Shuler was good due to himself and his history with Cato. Outside of that, what can the multiple wr coaches hold their hat on? We also stopped using TE as much when we have play makers there. Ok lets get on the Defensive side. Heater I feel is a good DC, but some position coaches are questionable, the DL made no strides all season and these aren't new guys, they have played in a good number of games before this season. So how did that group alone fall so far. Lb, I never once saw them just react to the play, I always saw hesitation. The one game they reacted, we won, imagine that (MTSU).

Make a long story short, a sizable staff overhaul is needed, the question is, are there any quality replacements that will come here. I hate to say even our players are needed in an overhaul, but that will require patience for an quality freshman to get up to speed or a large influx of Juco's, even then they are hit and miss, you have to unteach them and hope they can be taught to your system.

I bought the UL tickets before the Akron game, honestly if I waited till after, I wouldn't have bought them. Call me a fan that bailed on the team if you want. Why would I drive 4 hours, pay 300$ for tickets, gas, concession, to watch a team that mailed it in after a horrible Akron game. I obviously wasn't the only die hard fan to do it, stands were evident of that. I am sorry Mr. Hamrick but business is business.

The OT loss to WKU two years ago was the beginning of the slide. Win or lose in a New Year's Six bowl would have put the program on par with Boise State et al. Then whomever made the decision to play in Boca Raton vs NIU rather than for a $1 million dollar payday vs Illinois in Dallas should have had their ass canned. Playing and beating Illinois should have been a no brainer rather than playing and beating the MAC chump.

The OT loss to WKU two years ago was the beginning of the slide. Win or lose in a New Year's Six bowl would have put the program on par with Boise State et al. Then whomever made the decision to play in Boca Raton vs NIU rather than for a $1 million dollar payday vs Illinois in Dallas should have had their ass canned. Playing and beating Illinois should have been a no brainer rather than playing and beating the MAC chump.
That game goes back to play calling. How many carries did Johnson have in the first quarter? Very few, and then we are down big and forced to play catch up.

You stupid people. Going from 10-3 and 3 straight 10 win seasons to being the worst team in the division is not just one bad season. DOC has allowed this program to slide of its cracker. He didnt lose a season he lost a program. We lost to charlotte, we are beneath them. One bad season,,bullcrap its far worse than that.
I believe Michigan State took a real tumble this year as well.

Marshall got the same money no matter where they play. CUSA puts all the bowl money in a pot and distributes equally. The fans would far prefer Boca. Easy trip, great weather and many players from with in40 miles of there.

Reactions: herd4life5 (HN)
just wanted to play but here goes :

Purdue, yes they sucked, but they are B1G, Maryland, LT- Champ Game, ECU for the division title 2013, ECU 2011 for a bowl birth, Louisville-2011
  1. The dismantling of the N. Illinois (11-3) team in 2014 that was pumped up as great and touted for the G5 access bid by ESPN
  2. 2014 La Tech (9-5) - 1st Conference Title win
  3. 2013 ECU (10-3) - Clutch win to secure 1st East Div. Title
  4. 2011 S. Miss (12-2) - CUSA Champions
  5. 2011 Louisville (7-6) - Road win against Big East Co-Champions

NIU had beaten Illinois that year and was ranked up there with us and had ESPN touting them for the G5 bid over MU and Boise St. The administration decided to go with the best possible opponent from what was said.

Yep, the slide started last year "on the field", our offense fell off quite a bit but it was hard to tell if it was due to a freshman qb or there were a lot more issues than that. This year told the tell. The difference between last year and this year is last year we had a solid D to bail out our offense many times, this year our d is in rebuilding mode due to attrition and graduation. To me, the glaring issue is since Hartley left, and Seider, our recruiting has fallen off in a major way, we aren't getting producers to fill gaps like we were getting under them. Recruiting has to be addressed, we are no longer outmanning the underlings of our own crap conference. Maybe its taking too many risks instead of just going after the solid player, I really don't know, but its obvious that the non high risk players we did take aren't up to the task and lacking considerably. We are lacking speed at skill set position, and the football IQ is lacking too, bad combo. How many Qb's do we have to recruit to sit and watch them fizzle and leave as well. Doc saying personel issues is an understatement.

As far as coaches, shew where do you begin. Start with Legg, his offense worked with Cato simply because Cato could turn a turd into a good play, many plays broke down that he was able to save. We do not have a Cato like Qb to do that right now so it falls back on the crap playbook that legg uses..........and he doesn't adjust to what he has to work with. He did with Anderson, so I do not know why he wants to put a square peg in a round hole, the read and ride doesn't work with chase or whoever else is on the team. Proof is in the numbers, compare 2012 to now, you see the major drop off after Cato left. Legg needs to go, if he can't adjust and use what we have, then he is not a good OC. Second, Mirabol has done nothing but lead our Oline from average to way below average since he has been here, he is the next one that needs to go. Wr coach, we never had a good one here in my opinion, the WR quit on the plays after running their vanilla routes, lack speed and suck as getting separation, have for while. Shuler was good due to himself and his history with Cato. Outside of that, what can the multiple wr coaches hold their hat on? We also stopped using TE as much when we have play makers there. Ok lets get on the Defensive side. Heater I feel is a good DC, but some position coaches are questionable, the DL made no strides all season and these aren't new guys, they have played in a good number of games before this season. So how did that group alone fall so far. Lb, I never once saw them just react to the play, I always saw hesitation. The one game they reacted, we won, imagine that (MTSU).

Make a long story short, a sizable staff overhaul is needed, the question is, are there any quality replacements that will come here. I hate to say even our players are needed in an overhaul, but that will require patience for an quality freshman to get up to speed or a large influx of Juco's, even then they are hit and miss, you have to unteach them and hope they can be taught to your system.

I bought the UL tickets before the Akron game, honestly if I waited till after, I wouldn't have bought them. Call me a fan that bailed on the team if you want. Why would I drive 4 hours, pay 300$ for tickets, gas, concession, to watch a team that mailed it in after a horrible Akron game. I obviously wasn't the only die hard fan to do it, stands were evident of that. I am sorry Mr. Hamrick but business is business.

I believe Hartley did not leave until after the 2015 class signed, but I could be wrong. The recruiting classes of 2015 and 2016 really don't have anything to do with the issues this year outside of Litton, and having to play too many of the 2015/2016 class that had little to no FBS experience. This teams issues are due to the attrition of the 2012-2013 classes where only 13 of 56 recruits were still in the program at the beginning of the season.

That game goes back to play calling. How many carries did Johnson have in the first quarter? Very few, and then we are down big and forced to play catch up.
Johnson reinjured his shoulder thanks to intentional targeting by the WKU coaching staff, and did not return. I believe if he had played we would have won, but the move to go pass-happy at the beginning of the game instead of running it down their throats lead to the 1st half disaster.

Reactions: cottrell75

Holy shitballs. I actually agree with something you said. Northern Illinois = no respect win. Illinois is a B1G and, while they were mediocre, they were a bowl eligible B1G team we could have pounced all over. The average college football fan, AP, etc would be more impressed with that win than a very forgettable win over a MAC team. Anyone who denies this is deliberately being naive.

Johnson reinjured his shoulder thanks to intentional targeting by the WKU coaching staff, and did not return. I believe if he had played we would have won, but the move to go pass-happy at the beginning of the game instead of running it down their throats lead to the 1st half disaster.

Smart move on their part. It's also called proper tackling, not targeting.

The program let great coaches go.... now it's starting to show.. doc needs to recruit coaches and for gods sake fire your F-in but buddy legg.... he's horrible... pertersen was your better choice and you lost him because you couldn't give him the OC job.. if legg returns next year I'll not darken the gates...

The program let great coaches go.... now it's starting to show.. doc needs to recruit coaches and for gods sake fire your F-in but buddy legg.... he's horrible... pertersen was your better choice and you lost him because you couldn't give him the OC job.. if legg returns next year I'll not darken the gates...
I am quite sure Phil Ratliff is getting a good laugh right now from above.

Reactions: Elkview
  1. The dismantling of the N. Illinois (11-3) team in 2014 that was pumped up as great and touted for the G5 access bid by ESPN
  2. 2014 La Tech (9-5) - 1st Conference Title win
  3. 2013 ECU (10-3) - Clutch win to secure 1st East Div. Title
  4. 2011 S. Miss (12-2) - CUSA Champions
  5. 2011 Louisville (7-6) - Road win against Big East Co-Champions

So that's what you got in 7 years? That's probably as good as one could do considering you only had 13 games to pick from. That's the total amount of decent to good wins we have had in the last 7 seasons.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT