ADVERTISEMENT

players leaveing/ kicked/transfering and 2017 players yet to be named

NIU had beaten Illinois that year and was ranked up there with us and had ESPN touting them for the G5 bid over MU and Boise St. The administration decided to go with the best possible opponent from what was said.
Yes I remember this well, NIU was a much better opponent to play than UILL, agreeing with Bailey here. To add to it, that WKU game was not the beginning of the slide, the beginning happened last year, with no Cato to make legg look good. Losing the WKU game was terrible but to say that started it is very dumb. This is in response to dan the mountainqueer fan

Isn't that called tackling? I doubt running backs getting hit in the pads while carrying the ball is considered targeting by most people.
No, I didn't hear it, but a few reputable MU fans that sit behind the visitors bench that are on here heard the WKU coaches telling the defense to go after Johnson's shoulder to knock him out of the game.

Holy shitballs. I actually agree with something you said. Northern Illinois = no respect win. Illinois is a B1G and, while they were mediocre, they were a bowl eligible B1G team we could have pounced all over. The average college football fan, AP, etc would be more impressed with that win than a very forgettable win over a MAC team. Anyone who denies this is deliberately being naive.

Same goes for recruits. Perception is reality.

Reactions: 30Kelly
Shit, that's just smart football.
Technically, it is dirty football to intention target a player to injure. It is similar to "bounty-gate", except that the players were not paid for taking out Johnson. Well, at least as far as we know, but it is Brohm and Holt so it certainly could happen.

Technically, it is dirty football to intention target a player to injure. It is similar to "bounty-gate", except that the players were not paid for taking out Johnson. Well, at least as far as we know, but it is Brohm and Holt so it certainly could happen.

You mean defensive football players hit offensive football players with intent to cause pain?

Despicable.

Technically, it is dirty football to intention target a player to injure.

Do you actually watch football? This is like reading something a Chinaman might say about football.

I'm not talking about cheap shots or late hits, or stomping someone after a play. That's dirty football. But damn straight defensive players will "target" a known injury if given the opportunity. A boxer will attack a cut with jabs. It's no different.

he doesnt know the difference in a good hit and a cheap shot. Plays that were great plays back 20 years ago are now penalties. The vagination of football. I think the obama administration way of thinking rubbed off on the rule makers. Trump just hired a guy called mad dog,,heck yes make america great

Do you actually watch football? This is like reading something a Chinaman might say about football.

I'm not talking about cheap shots or late hits, or stomping someone after a play. That's dirty football. But damn straight defensive players will "target" a known injury if given the opportunity. A boxer will attack a cut with jabs. It's no different.
Ehh, I watch a lot of football, and I'm talking about dirty hits asshole, and coaches intentionally telling players to try and injure a player on the other team by any means necessary. Is that good enough for you or do you want to continue to be a dick?

he doesnt know the difference in a good hit and a cheap shot. Plays that were great plays back 20 years ago are now penalties. The vagination of football. I think the obama administration way of thinking rubbed off on the rule makers. Trump just hired a guy called mad dog,,heck yes make america great
You don't know anything about me, I played football in the late 80s, and when I played on the edge and had my fair share of flag thrown for borderline hits as the whistle blew. You spit out more garbage on here than everyone else.

Ehh, I watch a lot of football, and I'm talking about dirty hits asshole, and coaches intentionally telling players to try and injure a player on the other team by any means necessary. Is that good enough for you or do you want to continue to be a dick?

You call me an asshole, but I am being a dick? It's not my fault your opinions are ignorant; continue to post dumb comments and I will continue to call them out... or call you a dipshit, since you are now upping the ante into ad hominem name-calling.

And no, you were not talking about what is commonly referred to as a dirty hit. You were not talking about intentionally injuring a player. You were talking about targeting an existing injury. There are penalties for cheap shots, late hits, leading with the helmet, and body slamming a player; care to name the penalty for having the wits to hit a bad shoulder vs the good one? The bad leg vs the good one? I don't recall ever having seen a penalty for that. And no, not "targeting" meaning leading with the helmet or going for a player's head...which is just causing more leg injuries anyway.

And he's been owned by Ohio University since he started. It took a home game with our best squad in a decade to finally beat them.

That said...if he will just recruit the right assistant coaches, he would be fine. He also needs to take the headset off unless he is willing to let someone disconnect his mic. I couldn't imagine what useless coaching guidance he is trying to give.
I really wish we had an extra 200-250 grand in the Assistant coaching budget so that we could hire 2 good coordinators.

Pretty sure he did. Also somewhat sure he's also transferring.

You may be right about Yuracheck transferring but from what I have seen on his twitter feed, he keeps saying that they'll be back next year and this won't happen again. Nothing would surprise me at this point.

We'll probably hear about anyone transferring after the semester is over. They'd have to finish the semester so they can have the grades to be eligible whenever and wherever they go.

As far as changes to the coaching staff, it seems that they would have already been announced by now. Looks like we'll have the same crew next year.

Reactions: Elkview
You call me an asshole, but I am being a dick? It's not my fault your opinions are ignorant; continue to post dumb comments and I will continue to call them out... or call you a dipshit, since you are now upping the ante into ad hominem name-calling.

And no, you were not talking about what is commonly referred to as a dirty hit. You were not talking about intentionally injuring a player. You were talking about targeting an existing injury. There are penalties for cheap shots, late hits, leading with the helmet, and body slamming a player; care to name the penalty for having the wits to hit a bad shoulder vs the good one? The bad leg vs the good one? I don't recall ever having seen a penalty for that. And no, not "targeting" meaning leading with the helmet or going for a player's head...which is just causing more leg injuries anyway.
You need to ignore PD. He is too busy huffing Doc's nut sack to formulate intelligent thought.

Despite his ignorant targeting theory, DJs loss didn't impact going pass happy. We went pass happy early prior to DJ getting hurt, something like 18 of first 22 plays were throws(many pics). DJ went out we went more balanced and Butler ran all over wku.

The loss is on Doc and Legg and the idiotic game plan and Catos execution of plan.

PD lies and makes things up(I think he believes some of his foolishness)and frequently name calls(indication of his intelligence). I quit the pay board to get away from idiots like him and bleeds.

Guys who cares. That's like comparing liberal ideology to conservatism. One could see an intentional hit to an injured body part as being somewhat dirty, while on the other hand its sorta the name of the game in football. While I "may" not say the shoulder hit on rockhead was dirty, you should watch the title game from this year. WKU does play dirty ball, there was one instance of an OLineman lunging at a player that was already down, play was dead, with the intent to hurt him. Not the first example from a petrino/brohm coached team I have seen. I detest that team due to dirty play but it is football and like I said, sometimes its part of the game.

As far as changes to the coaching staff, it seems that they would have already been announced by now. Looks like we'll have the same crew next year.

If we do, I'm done until they're gone. I refused to put a penny into Marshall in Snyder's last year and I'll gladly do it again this year.

Johnson reinjured his shoulder thanks to intentional targeting by the WKU coaching staff, and did not return. I believe if he had played we would have won, but the move to go pass-happy at the beginning of the game instead of running it down their throats lead to the 1st half disaster.
The stupid a$$ playcalling by the coaching staff is what gave WKU that game. It's just one of the many blunders the coaching staff have pulled consistently year after year. Johnson didnt get his first carry of the game until WKU already had a 21-7 lead on us. By the time Johnson got injured (on his 4th carry) we were already getting beat 42-21 facing a big uphill battle even if Johnson was healthy.

WKU had one of the worst rushing defenses in the country but one of the very best passing offenses. How would a good coaching staff plan for such a team? They would most certainly run it at WKUs poor rush defense capitalizing on WKUs biggest weakness which would also have the benefit of slowing down the game by grinding it out and keeping WKUs biggest strength (their passing game) off the field. What did our coaching staff do instead? They came out throwing the ball all over the place, getting into a shootout which is the only chance WKU had of wining that game and our stupid coaching staff played right into it. When we did finally decided to run the ball, Stew Butler gashed them left and right for 233 yards with a 9.7 per carry average. If we would have just ran the ball from the beginning of the game, we win. It wasnt Johnson's injury as much as it was the playcalling that cost us.

The stupid a$$ playcalling by the coaching staff is what gave WKU that game. It's just one of the many blunders the coaching staff have pulled consistently year after year. Johnson didnt get his first carry of the game until WKU already had a 21-7 lead on us. By the time Johnson got injured (on his 4th carry) we were already getting beat 42-21 facing a big uphill battle even if Johnson was healthy.

WKU had one of the worst rushing defenses in the country but one of the very best passing offenses. How would a good coaching staff plan for such a team? They would most certainly run it at WKUs poor rush defense capitalizing on WKUs biggest weakness which would also have the benefit of slowing down the game by grinding it out and keeping WKUs biggest strength (their passing game) off the field. What did our coaching staff do instead? They came out throwing the ball all over the place, getting into a shootout which is the only chance WKU had of wining that game and our stupid coaching staff played right into it. When we did finally decided to run the ball, Stew Butler gashed them left and right for 233 yards with a 9.7 per carry average. If we would have just ran the ball from the beginning of the game, we win. It wasnt Johnson's injury as much as it was the playcalling that cost us.

I came here to basically say all these things. No point in repeating them except to reiterate that my mind was absolutely blown how far out of hand we let that game get before we handed our 1800 yd RB the ball.

With our rushing game, and their lack of rush D and prolific passing O a midget league coach would have no problem deciphering the plan of attack. It was a pathetic, pathetic, pathetic job by our staff. And I am not exaggerating in the least when i say that I will never forgive Holiday for what he robbed our school and program of that day.

The way Stew was running in that game, he could have had 300 yards rushing if we fed him the rock early and often.

You guys are missing something that was key. Cato had complete control of the offense his senior year. He had the responsibility to make the read and then make the call. Those early passes were Cato's read and call. He got caught up in the pre game crap, wanted to prove who the best QB in the game was and tried to make throws that weren't there. I think WKU had the whole pre game skirmish scripted to get in Cato's head and it worked.

Ryan is not happy with Chase at all. Chase started ignoring open Ryan all the time to throw to his buddy Clarke (however he spells it). Ryan loves marshall though. Can't blame the guy if he does. Ryan focuses on school and work ethic while others are not. Cannot blame him though if he really does leave. Especially when you don't have a good qb...one that isn't a leader. Talk is cheap.

You guys are missing something that was key. Cato had complete control of the offense his senior year. He had the responsibility to make the read and then make the call. Those early passes were Cato's read and call. He got caught up in the pre game crap, wanted to prove who the best QB in the game was and tried to make throws that weren't there. I think WKU had the whole pre game skirmish scripted to get in Cato's head and it worked.

we went 5 wide early. that isn't on Cato. I'm not disagreeing Cato screwed up the game, just saying he had help from the staff.

Yeah, I saw that too, we went pass happy against a pass happy team, Legg really screwed the pooch on that. They see 5 wide, there is no doubt that they know we are going to throw the ball with an occasion Cato run. You can not control the game doing exactly the same thing the other team is doing, and making mistakes in the process. We should have went to the ride and read, using our backs early to set the tone, but we didn't and well, we know the outcome.

we went 5 wide early. that isn't on Cato. I'm not disagreeing Cato screwed up the game, just saying he had help from the staff.

Here's the video. Our first possession is 3 wide, Fro at Hback and Devon in the backfield. Second play, the first int, is three wide, Fro at TE Devon in the backfield, Cato throws over the middle into a crowd. The "we came out 5 wide" is a misrememberance by a portion of the fan base. Our first possession starts around the 12:30 mark in the video.

Here's the video. Our first possession is 3 wide, Fro at Hback and Devon in the backfield. Second play, the first int, is three wide, Fro at TE Devon in the backfield, Cato throws over the middle into a crowd. The "we came out 5 wide" is a misrememberance by a portion of the fan base. Our first possession starts around the 12:30 mark in the video.

I didn't say first possession, I said early. I don't want to watch that game again but are you saying we did not go 5 wide in first quarter?

2nd possession of game. 11:23 left in first quarter, empty set, five receivers. that was easier to find than I thought, no misremembrance here

Ryan is not happy with Chase at all. Chase started ignoring open Ryan all the time to throw to his buddy Clarke (however he spells it). Ryan loves marshall though. Can't blame the guy if he does. Ryan focuses on school and work ethic while others are not. Cannot blame him though if he really does leave. Especially when you don't have a good qb...one that isn't a leader. Talk is cheap.
Did the coaching staff not say anything to Chase? Coming to practice high then just not throwing to kids because he does not like them? wow?

The conversation was had on this board at the beginning of the season about Doc having favorites. This is what Im talking about! No way should Doc have left issues like this to simmer on a team until a player has to take matters into his own hands. Chase is one of those Florida kids that Doc wanted to take of and would not handle the issues until they were forced on him. Once again, this is not a play calling issue

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT