ADVERTISEMENT

Portal QB

Still looking likely? He’s definitely not an air raid guy like the new OC is supposed to be
Cam is a good athlete who would be better served in a different position on the offense.

Maybe also have him used in some sort of wildcat formation, but only if we can avoid being completely obvious when we're planning to run that type of play.

That said, based on what I've heard, he would never agree to that and insists on being a QB, so off to the portal he will likely go.

Reactions: BleedsGreen33
The portal has become the Wild West... So many players leaving, and not just backups. P5 starting QB's, including McCord at Ohio State, going elsewhere, which at least at face value makes zero sense.

Seems a good kid. Definitely undeserving of the amount of hate he received from us, me included. Hope he doesn't leave Marshall. Would rather see him work hard on his arm strength and mechanics and stay and fight for the job.
I don't think anyone hates him. He's just not a good QB. It's not his fault. It's Huff's. He's is completing his 3rd year in Huff's system. He is what he is.

The portal has become the Wild West... So many players leaving, and not just backups. P5 starting QB's, including McCord at Ohio State, going elsewhere, which at least at face value makes zero sense.
They're not leaving. They're getting bought. Dillion Gabriel leaving OU is insane. You are the starting QB for OU. That is a premier spot and any move is a lateral move at best. It's because someone is opening their check book for him and he's getting bought.

We all thought it would be the G5s having their best players plucked, but now it turns out that all the "big boys" are trying to steal away each other's players.

I do wonder if some G5 could somehow pool together some stupid amount of money if they could buy a top name away.

Reactions: RhinoD
Seen a little bit of Brock Vandagriff from Georgia. Looks like a pretty decent QB. Imagine he will have plenty of options and offers though...

Speaking of the portal and qbs, how the heck does Jeff Brohm continue to bring in top notch qbs wherever he goes. He just snagged another one to Louisville.

Speaking of the portal and qbs, how the heck does Jeff Brohm continue to bring in top notch qbs wherever he goes. He just snagged another one to Louisville.
Because UL is a very bad over rated team that if you beat them gets you nowhere

I did some looking on the QB’s at Purdue. IMO that’s the best place to look. They know the system our new guy is bringing. I was impressed with one guy. Bennett Meredith. Has anyone seen him? He is a R-FR I think. Gonna copy paste his creds below:

HIGH SCHOOL
• Consensus three-star prospect and Top-50 overall prospect in the state of Alabama among the major recru services
• Listed as the No. 44 pocket passer quarterback prospect nationally by ESPN
• 247Sports tabbed him as the No. 44 quarterback in the country and No. 33 overall prospect in Alabama
• Operated one of the most prolific offenses in the Alabama prep scene over his last two seasons
• Completed 387-of-604 (64%) passes for 5,318 yards and 47 touchdowns in 20 regular season games durin seasons as the starting quarterback at the varsity level
• Led Hoover High School to a 23-3 record and two appearances in the 7A AHSAA Football Championships semifinal round during that span
• Finished his senior season 144-for-233 (62%) for 2,212 yards and 23 touchdowns, posting a 115.3 QB Ratin
• Put together a brilliant junior campaign that moved him on the radar of Power 5 programs
• Went 243-for-371 (66%) for 3,106 yards and 23 touchdowns in 2020
• Threw for three or more touchdowns in 11 career games, while eclipsing the 300-yard mark in four

Reactions: Catfanatic1979v1
Also wanted to mention Hudson Card I believe has another year. My dark horse pick above could immediately come here and compete for a position. And while I’m excited and hopeful for all things to improve, I’m really hoping we get the offensive line coach ship righted. Maybe the new guy brings one/knows a good one.

Haven’t been on here in a while. Hope everyone’s been alright!

Cheers!

They're not leaving. They're getting bought. Dillion Gabriel leaving OU is insane. You are the starting QB for OU. That is a premier spot and any move is a lateral move at best. It's because someone is opening their check book for him and he's getting bought.

We all thought it would be the G5s having their best players plucked, but now it turns out that all the "big boys" are trying to steal away each other's players.

I do wonder if some G5 could somehow pool together some stupid amount of money if they could buy a top name away.
You are not wrong my friend... I saw where the speculation is Nike is paying for Gabriel to come to Oregon to replace Bo Nix next year. Rumor is his NIL deal will be north of $2 million per year with the Ducks.

Same with McCord... Why would you possibly leave a starting gig at Ohio State? They have as much money as anybody, will start next season ranked in the top 8, and give you top-tier weapons at WR... The answer is because Nebraska's aging alumni are desperate for them to be relevant again and they will pay more.

The new OC will probably have one. Won't do us any good for the Bowl. Unless the next "Joe Montana", will look more like Broadway Joe and less IG.

I did some looking on the QB’s at Purdue. IMO that’s the best place to look. They know the system our new guy is bringing. I was impressed with one guy. Bennett Meredith. Has anyone seen him? He is a R-FR I think. Gonna copy paste his creds below:

HIGH SCHOOL
• Consensus three-star prospect and Top-50 overall prospect in the state of Alabama among the major recru services
• Listed as the No. 44 pocket passer quarterback prospect nationally by ESPN
• 247Sports tabbed him as the No. 44 quarterback in the country and No. 33 overall prospect in Alabama
• Operated one of the most prolific offenses in the Alabama prep scene over his last two seasons
• Completed 387-of-604 (64%) passes for 5,318 yards and 47 touchdowns in 20 regular season games durin seasons as the starting quarterback at the varsity level
• Led Hoover High School to a 23-3 record and two appearances in the 7A AHSAA Football Championships semifinal round during that span
• Finished his senior season 144-for-233 (62%) for 2,212 yards and 23 touchdowns, posting a 115.3 QB Ratin
• Put together a brilliant junior campaign that moved him on the radar of Power 5 programs
• Went 243-for-371 (66%) for 3,106 yards and 23 touchdowns in 2020
• Threw for three or more touchdowns in 11 career games, while eclipsing the 300-yard mark in four

This is a quality post. I thank you for it.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT