ADVERTISEMENT

Post game thought....

W-S HerdFan

Platinum Buffalo
Aug 14, 2002
Sarasota, FL
Had a little time to reflect. I gonna jump on the apology bandwagon for Marine. Heat of battle and all but I know name calling is frowned on. I apologize for the “Richard” reference...
I will keep it short ‘cuz I am interested in hearing from those who know a lot more than I do.

I predict we have faced the most talented Defense, particularly the front 7, that we will see the rest of the season. Agree? Disagree?

Likely BUT, 0 first downs etc in the second half is a problem no matter who we face. They adjusted their pass rush and found the weakness in our line, yet we didn't adjust or couldn't. Cincy will be possibly just as difficult. Ohio always gets up for us.

Having said that, Green is playing like another Litton instead of anything resembling Cato. From what I saw last week with Thomson, maybe he deserved a shot last night to move the offense. Why we didn't try when Green proved ineffective is head scratching. Offense is a concern, remember we didn't move the ball against VMI all that well until late first quarter. I think our OLine is once again overrated. We have average receivers with no one stretching the field, we are not involving the tight ends enough to date. Looking at the schedule, at least 3 games jump out at me as teams that can cause issues with our offense, Cincy, Ohio, LT. Jury still out on the rest. Let's hope it gets better because I do not understand how we can finish last season rushing the ball well and be right back to not running well like the first half of last year, with good backs and what was supposed to be a strength in the OLine.

Hats off to Boise and hats off to our defense. Offense has issues.

Good opinion, beefcake. Other random thoughts:
There were 0 pass interference calls on either team the entire game.
I bet you would be hard pressed to find a game where a team tallied 15 1st downs in a half and only came away with 7 pts.....
I bet you would be even harder pressed (for the grammar nazis!) to find an instance where a team earned ZERO 1st downs in a half!!!
Refs called a good game imo
Crowd noise bothered us at times for sure. Now we know what it feels like when teams come to the Joan....
Never saw a shot of the section where Herd fans were sitting....how was our turnout?

Reactions: beefcake0520
I bet you would be hard pressed to find a game where a team tallied 15 1st downs in a half and only came away with 7 pts.....
I bet you would be even harder pressed (for the grammar nazis!) to find an instance where a team earned ZERO 1st downs in a half!!!
Crowd noise bothered us at times for sure. Now we know what it feels like when teams come to the Joan....
Never saw a shot of the section where Herd fans were sitting....how was our turnout?
It was a great Marshall turnout. I set on the Boise home side and could see the visiting crowd section. It was full of green.

Had a little time to reflect. I gonna jump on the apology bandwagon for Marine. Heat of battle and all but I know name calling is frowned on. I apologize for the “Richard” reference...
I will keep it short ‘cuz I am interested in hearing from those who know a lot more than I do.

I predict we have faced the most talented Defense, particularly the front 7, that we will see the rest of the season. Agree? Disagree?

No apology needed but it’s accepted, Richard. It’s all good!

Last edited:
I’ll keep it short and sweet

Our defensive front and LB’s are really good, our secondary needs work
Our QB is just not good
Our O-line needs work
Our RB are above average

Coaching yesterday I’ll give a B, but Doc has to give Cramsey some room to breathe

Reactions: Clarence Woodworth
IF you've never been to Boise, you don't know what loud is. JCE doesn't come close.

You and I have a different idea of what 0 means.

You know how something can be so bad that it makes the other part seem really positive?

Hell, get onto that crackhead Marine. He's trying to give coaching a B

Well, then what grade do you give the Defense? They pitched a shutout in 2 quarters & allowed 1 TD in each of the other 2. They kept pressure on Boise’s QB the whole game. They got off the field a bunch last night!! So, how does that factor in?

Roberts didn't play yesterday. I know a lot of folks doubt him, but he is our #1 corner. Of course Obi was out again, which doesn't help because we knew going in to the season that WR was a weak spot. On top of that, Gammage, who was a pleasant suprise week 1, was nowhere to be found in Boise. We are very weak at WR without Obi which lets safeties focus on our TEs and run game. Somebody needs to step up on the outside.

Well, then what grade do you give the Defense? They pitched a shutout in 2 quarters & allowed 1 TD in each of the other 2. They kept pressure on Boise’s QB the whole game. They got off the field a bunch last night!! So, how does that factor in?

Defense also created turnovers when needed. That was huge.

If someone wants to talk about their penalty calling back a TD. Well we had a 38 yard play called back by penalty and then three gals starts in a row to kill a drive. Things happen. We just didn’t execute the plays in the second half. Green has to learn to not throw off his back foot. We can’t abandon the run. The first half we mixed thing duo well. Saw more variations of motion and run plays than before. We even went under center once (didn’t work though)

IF you've never been to Boise, you don't know what loud is. JCE doesn't come close.

I have been in JCE and it is as loud as bigger stadiums I have been in. The Purdue game was an example. Also I was on the field when we played UofL and when we sacked Lamar Jackson to force a 3 and out it was about as loud as I have heard in any stadium and I have been in some pretty good environments. I was on the building end of the field and he sound was fantastic.

Reactions: W-S HerdFan
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT