ADVERTISEMENT

Potential Suspensions

That would be massive... Louisiana Tech is one of the few teams in CUSA with an active message board. Similar to herdnation – Mostly reasonable folks with a smattering of douche bags. I've been reading it all week, If this happens they will be in meltdown.

Reactions: HerdFan1971
Wow. Vegas will meltdown as well!!

This would be a good time to remind ppl that Doc may not be a lot of things, but he is a HC who seems to avoid announcing multiple suspensions just before a game. It might have happened since he's been here & I just don't recall it. Same with Dan and the basketball team. There are always going to be bad apples, but overall we don't have a problem in this area.....

Last edited:
Vegas knew last night. I found out from a friend who was listening to VSIN on sirius radio early this morning. "A little birdie" told one of the hosts that suspensions were coming and should be announced later today :). Seems like the info is now slowly trickling out...

Vegas already knew... How in the world else did we open as 3-point favorites and move to 4.5 favorites currently... Against an 8-1 team.

A home team that is 6-3 being slight favorites over an 8-1 team isn't far-fetched.

According to Sagarin, when taking into consideration his 2.47 home field advantage, Marshall is about a .4 point favorite. Considering the weather impact, that Marshall is coming off of a bye week, and that LA Tech is traveling on a short week, an extra 2.6 points to account for Marshall being a 3 point favorite is entirely logical.

Last edited:
If that’s the case then the excuse gun for not winning this game is completely empty. On this weekend with all it means to the fan base and what’s riding on it and with their starters out we better win this game. If not, it’s as bad as Snyder losing to FUC during the We Are Marshall premier week.

MU, under Doc, has always played well for this game.

Reactions: W-S HerdFan
The La. Tech board apparently just got the news... One of their mods with 19,000+ posts just acknowledged that Skip Holtz closed practice to the media this week due to impending suspensions and then posted the "Mr. Mackey" South Park meme – "Drugs are bad, mmmkay."

Reactions: Raoul Duke MU
Fan on the CUSA board is saying 7 Tech players total including QB Smith and WR Hardy. FWIW

When you need to know injuries, statuses, etc... Go to the guys who make a living putting their money on it...

This will shows us a lot with Doc. He has played pretty conservative all year. You now have a backup QB who has only appeared in 4 games and attempted 9 passes starting on a short week with little to no prep as a starter and he's missing his #1 target. Doc and Lambert should be smelling blood in the water and circling their prey. We had better come out blitzing the crap out of this kid and make him live on the turf and running for his life. You know their game plan and situational football just got dialed back a ton. I'm sure they're going to lean on their run game a lot too. Stack that box.

Lots of rumors still going around... LT message board says 3 players, all starters, two on offense and one on defense are suspended... Saw a tweet earlier that says 4 players suspended... CUSA board says as many as 7 players involved.

Either way, whether its 1 or 10, our guys need to come out and attack the replacements form the first snap.

Reactions: W-S HerdFan
LT board is implying that the suspended players are starting QB J'Mar Smith, starting WR Adrian Hardy and starting LB Wilie Baker... Someone posted pictures of the three players behind those guys on the depth chart with the line "next man up."

Reactions: TwolfHerdfan
Thats why they have had closed practices all week... For the first time ever under Holtz, according to their fans

Holtz did everything he could to keep this under wraps as long as possible. But it was somehow leaked to Vegas early this morning.

I read that Holtz even skipped a scheduled interview this week, likely to avoid having to lie about J'Mar Smith playing. I also saw a depth chart for the Marshall game earlier this week still listing J'Mar Smith.

Smith,Hardy,J.Jackson.........
We will start a RS freshman QB. I like him. Calm demeanor with all the tools. Hardy was our stud last year, but has not been as productive this year. Jackson has been out for a few weeks and had seen playing time diminish.
Honestly I’m more worried about injuries to our RT and slot possession guy Powell.

That line moved quick with this news from 2.5 to 6.5 … still going to be a tough game.

**I sure hope that our guys don't come out and feel sorry for LA Tech having so many players out and lose on purpose . . .**

(**indicates sarcastic comment based on another thread**)

cavedawg the suspended La Tech players will probably hurt you but even we never know how our team will play - even at home with prep time. Cincinnati beat us like a drum 52-14 after we had two weeks to prepare.

Reactions: ilmherdfan
cavedawg the suspended La Tech players will probably hurt you but even we never know how our team will play - even at home with prep time. Cincinnati beat us like a drum 52-14 after we had two weeks to prepare.
Is Cincinnati the last game we played?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT