ADVERTISEMENT

President Smith on New Athletic Director

Umm, no the Steelers have an NFL stadium. The Steelers keep it up, the Steelers pay for it, the Steelers decide when it is time to renovate the restrooms, the Steelers do everything. Likewise Pitt’s basketball arena is managed by a private company and it has 100s of non-Pitt basketball events in it per year.

So, “facility management” at Pitt means a tiny soccer field, a tiny baseball and softball complex, and the old basketball arena used for wrestling, volleyball etc

So unless there's a demand for expansion of say, the soccer stadium, then they can expand and spend their own money doing so?
Sounds like they have a good deal.
Good for Pitt, they beat the system.

Did not say that at all. Seems fine to me. I was just responding to an ignorant post with the facts of where this man came from debunking the ignorant idea that he is somehow “used to having all the resources”.

Nothing more.

There's a difference between used to having resources and most of your venues owned either privately or professionally or both and thus not needing to spend money on them.

You really think Pitt is strapped for cash? Given their ACC payout and (as you said) lack of spending on facilities because they're owned by an NFL team and thus have no need to?
They're smart and don't need to build a football stadium or b-ball facility, etc.
Spears does come from a place where he does have a helluva lot more resources than MU, even if it doesn't appear so.

There's a difference between used to having resources and most of your venues owned either privately or professionally or both and thus not needing to spend money on them.

You really think Pitt is strapped for cash? Given their ACC payout and (as you said) lack of spending on facilities because they're owned by an NFL team and thus have no need to?
They're smart and don't need to build a football stadium or b-ball facility, etc.
Spears does come from a place where he does have a helluva lot more resources than MU, even if it doesn't appear so.
Pitt strapped for cash?? Why not. Everybody else is. PSU has a $24 mil deficit Michigan more than that OSU like $68 million deficit

Pitt strapped for cash?? Why not. Everybody else is. PSU has a $24 mil deficit Michigan more than that OSU like $68 million deficit
That blows my mind seeing how much media money they get, along with donor monies and other revenue streams. I hope Marshall never gets to the point we are millions in the red for athletics.

It is a myth, mostly perpetrated by ESPN’s Wokecenter that college sports are this mega profitable thing that exploits the athletes. Not true. Football and men’s basketball make money, everything else spends it, goal is to break even. Most “big time” schools fall short of that goal by a fair piece.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT