ADVERTISEMENT

Pro franchises you just don't get

i am herdman

Platinum Buffalo
Gold Member
Mar 5, 2006
What are some teams you just don't get? Not hate really, but just bore you to tears or something like that. To me, and I live in NC, it is the Carolina Panthers. I just can't get into them. Can't say I want to sit down and mark it off for the Panthers game on tv. I find them to be quite boring for some reason, not even like a real NFL team or something. Can't put my finger on it. I don't event think i n the eastern part of the state they are really all that popular. Not for a NFL team. Went to a couple of their games and found the atmosphere to be boring as well and the keep pounding drum seemed fabricated. I don't hate them at all, just find them to be boring or something.

Reactions: Raoul Duke MU
What are some teams you just don't get? Not hate really, but just bore you to tears or something like that. To me, and I live in NC, it is the Carolina Panthers. I just can't get into them. Can't say I want to sit down and mark it off for the Panthers game on tv. I find them to be quite boring for some reason, not even like a real NFL team or something. Can't put my finger on it. I don't event think i n the eastern part of the state they are really all that popular. Not for a NFL team. Went to a couple of their games and found the atmosphere to be boring as well and the keep pounding drum seemed fabricated. I don't hate them at all, just find them to be boring or something.
The keep pounding drum is from Sam mills. He was a former player and coach that died of cancer and one of his speeches he used the phrase and it stuck

Reactions: Jartard
The entire NBA. I haven’t watched an NBA game in its entirety since the 90’s.
…and I’ll throw NASCAR, golf, and bowling in there. Have never watched an entire race, golf event/tournament, or bowling in my life. Baseball is quickly trending that way for me too. Football, boxing, and MMA for me.

Reactions: alphasig1053
I only like hockey when they fight and beat each other with their sticks.

The LA Chargers. They moved like 2 hours up the coast and managed to alienate everyone on their way.

Also yeah the NBA. I don’t care about any teams. The games are boring till the last 4 minutes then they’re boring then too for other reasons. If they do the Elam ending maybe I could watch.

Didn't know that

Meant No disrespect.
I know you didn’t mean it to be disrespectful. But unless you’ve been a panthers fan since the beginning of the franchise, like me, or a diehard nfl fan most people dont know the story behind it

It's because the Panthers are a fake team. Any team made after 1993 is definitely not even real. Carolina Panthers, Jacksonville and then in baseball there are the damn Marlins, Rockies and Diamondbacks. Washington should still be the Montreal Expos.

Now college football and basketball have way too many. Shit like UTSA, Gonzaga even, all the no namer shit. It's fake teams. Even Cincinnati Bearcats football is fake when it's in the CFP. A bullshit story that got flushed down the toilet. Bama could have won it by 70, but wanted to save up for UGA.

What are some teams you just don't get?
The Indianapolis Colts. I've never cared for them. Even as a 12 year old kid I knew Baltimore got done dirty, and instantly did not like the Colts.

I've never been to a Colts game. I'd much rather go to a Bengals game and I am not even a fan. Hell I am definitely going to a Bengals game next season, they have something going there and will be fun to watch.
NASCAR decided its fanbase was evil and has tried everything it can to appeal to yuppies.
And it's not even an appeal to yuppie motorsports fans. They are watching F1 (and complaining about it lol) or IMSA.

Even more amazing is how American open wheel racing totally burned its bridges with fans. Tony George burned it all down.
Even Cincinnati Bearcats football is fake when it's in the CFP. A bullshit story that got flushed down the toilet. Bama could have won it by 70, but wanted to save up for UGA.
Yeah it was obvious how that would go down lol.

A buddy of mine got kicked out of Darlington for having a Lynyrd Skynyrd Confederate flag shirt.

What a asinine sport.

Also ditto on IRL. CART was awesome in the 80s and 90s even after the split. Paul Tracy was fun stuff.

A buddy of mine got kicked out of Darlington for having a Lynyrd Skynyrd Confederate flag shirt.

What a asinine sport.

Also ditto on IRL. CART was awesome in the 80s and 90s even after the split. Paul Tracy was fun stuff.
I call bullshit on the skynrd story. It’s freaking nascar shirts are optional

That's why NASCAR sucks now
Oh it absolutely does because they forgot who their audience is. There are no more jimmy Spencer’s or dale Earnhardts, guys with personality that turn wrenches for each other and then will proceed to hit you with that wrench if you piss them off

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT