ADVERTISEMENT

Probably have sticky hands too

greengeezer

Platinum Buffalo
Dec 25, 2007
A new family has moved in to the house closest to me and they have little kids. Seem harmless enough; whenever I drive in, they alway call, “Hey, mister!”

I thought about inviting the family over for a hotdog cookout, but I’m betting the kids are flower pickers.

sure is nice living in BFWV and not having to worry about any neighbors moving in. worst thing i've had to deal with is random tourists showing up at my house thinking it's the lodge for the nearby cabin rental property. that traffic has all but subsided though since putting up the "not the rental place, turn around!" sign. now the worst thing i have to deal with is @GeauxHerd sending me a box of dildos and glitter bombs.

Reactions: 30CAT and GeauxHerd
You should charge the tourists a fee. There is a story about someone setting up a table on the path leading to the New River Gorge Bridge overlook and charging people an admission fee. This was before the State built an official overlook platform.

I thought about inviting the family over for a hotdog cookout,
Don't do it, 'geezer. Once you open that up, it's tough to go back. The kids will think they have free rein to come over each night, play in your yard, and interrupt you while you're watching Golden Girls.

My mom stayed with me for the first two months of my rehab. Prior to that, I had a good relationship with all of my neighbors with restrictions: Don't bother me unless your favor is an emergency, limit our in-person conversations to pleasantries lasting no longer than 30 seconds, and be content with a smile and wave when we would drive past one another.

But the more times she has been out there, she has grown increasingly confident in being more outgoing when she sees the neighbors. Now, even though she is gone, I have to hear stories from the neighbors about their grandchildren coming to visit, about their build-out of their custom RV, and about their children starting to notice girls at a young age.

I don't care. I don't want to answer your questions. And I definitely don't want you knocking on my door with a cake you made.

but I’m betting the kids are flower pickers.
I think you must have hacked into my security cameras. My place is the end of a walkway. Unless you're coming to drop off a cake to me, there is absolutely no reason for anybody to walk to my house let alone in front of it or past it.

Yet, last week, my cameras picked up a random woman who walked all of the way down just so she could pick roses and other flowers in front of my place. She walked away with a small bouquet. B!tch, I spend $240/month for people to landscape that area including the flowers.

Then, a few days later, the little fvcking terrors who live in the neighborhood drove their montrosities to the end. Along the walkway, they took out chunks of greenery, flowers, and created a mess. So I got my phone out to record them in case I need to tell their parents to lock them in the garage:

Reactions: greengeezer
sure is nice living in BFWV and not having to worry about any neighbors moving in. worst thing i've had to deal with is random tourists showing up at my house thinking it's the lodge for the nearby cabin rental property. that traffic has all but subsided though since putting up the "not the rental place, turn around!" sign. now the worst thing i have to deal with is @GeauxHerd sending me a box of dildos and glitter bombs.
I represent that remark….. I’ve also been in your driveway as well

You are probably right. Every time I think I need to be more pleasant, it backfires on me. I gave the neighbor wife a potted plant when the family moved in and she won’t even throw up her hand to wave when she drives by.

The other neighbors call her “stuck up bitch.” They may be on to something.

Last edited:
Don't do it, 'geezer. Once you open that up, it's tough to go back. The kids will think they have free rein to come over each night, play in your yard, and interrupt you while you're watching Golden Girls.

My mom stayed with me for the first two months of my rehab. Prior to that, I had a good relationship with all of my neighbors with restrictions: Don't bother me unless your favor is an emergency, limit our in-person conversations to pleasantries lasting no longer than 30 seconds, and be content with a smile and wave when we would drive past one another.

But the more times she has been out there, she has grown increasingly confident in being more outgoing when she sees the neighbors. Now, even though she is gone, I have to hear stories from the neighbors about their grandchildren coming to visit, about their build-out of their custom RV, and about their children starting to notice girls at a young age.

I don't care. I don't want to answer your questions. And I definitely don't want you knocking on my door with a cake you made.

I think you must have hacked into my security cameras. My place is the end of a walkway. Unless you're coming to drop off a cake to me, there is absolutely no reason for anybody to walk to my house let alone in front of it or past it.

Yet, last week, my cameras picked up a random woman who walked all of the way down just so she could pick roses and other flowers in front of my place. She walked away with a small bouquet. B!tch, I spend $240/month for people to landscape that area including the flowers.

Then, a few days later, the little fvcking terrors who live in the neighborhood drove their montrosities to the end. Along the walkway, they took out chunks of greenery, flowers, and created a mess. So I got my phone out to record them in case I need to tell their parents to lock them in the garage:
2 things:
  • fire the landscaper. that mulch job, assuming that's what it is, is for shit. i hate mulch, but each to their own, i'm putting down 1" and 3" crushed river stone around everything.
  • that last to leave little bastard took off like a damn rocket, that minibike have an after burner? EDIT: myeh, maybe not. it looked like he jetted out the first time i watched.

Reactions: 30CAT
i'm putting down 1" and 3" crushed river stone around everything.
I tried that and find it very difficult to weed. Plus the fact that if one stone gets out of the bed on to the walk, it is like stepping on a marble.

I’m so uptight that I kick the river rock off the walk and back in the beds when I go to eat at Bob Evan’s. They should name me honorary landscaper.

I tried that and find it very difficult to weed. Plus the fact that if one stone gets out of the bed on to the walk, it is like stepping on a marble.

I’m so uptight that I kick the river rock off the walk and back in the beds when I go to eat at Bob Evan’s. They should name me honorary landscaper.
the crushed stone isn't suppose to move as much as the round. i'll find out. i'm putting the black paper down under everything, so hopefully that takes care of the week issue; if it doesn't, the missus is a weed killer . . . and there's always my son's supply of off road diesel.

i've thought about getting you to come up and do my landscaping for me. yores is simply spectacular. everybody has a price . . .

Reactions: greengeezer
2 things:
  • fire the landscaper. that mulch job, assuming that's what it is, is for shit. i hate mulch, but each to their own, i'm putting down 1" and 3" crushed river stone around everything.
They need to use a lot more mulch, not less of it. Most of it is just dirt, which should be covered with the mulch.

• that last to leave little bastard took off like a damn rocket, that minibike have an after burner? EDIT: myeh, maybe not. it looked like he jetted out the first time i watched.
The e-bikes around here are awful. Many kids are riding high-performance bikes that are illegal for them to operate due to their age, while the ones who are old enough are supposed to have them registered (but don't). This group of kids isn't bad- they're too young to be bad. They are just kids being kids, but their parents don't supervise what they do, so it causes issues.

A couple of weeks ago, they had a small shovel and went to the park across the street (small park with really nice amenities that people pay $200 to rent out for for half of a day when available). They dug up one of the walkways so they could get dirt to make a ramp for their bikes. Again, kids just being kids, but it causes a problem. Somebody must have said something, as the landscape crew destroyed it. But now, one of the kids has a professionally manufactured ramp that he leaves in the middle of the drive all day. I have seen them standing on whatever the large electrical A/C box is outside of my house. I have a black metal fence that separates my property from a hill which is common space (but fenced off so nobody uses it) and is landscaped by the HOA. These fvckers are back there at least once a week. Last week, one of them had a stick and was wailing away on every single metal vertical post in the fence as he walked down it. Two nights ago, my cameras caught a coyote walking through there at 12:54 a.m. Somebody will get hurt . . . or they will be in the no-man's zone that is fenced off and see me walking naked in my house, and then we have an issue.

Murox does his own landscaping and it looks far, far better than that.
He doesn't have landscaping. He has a mowed yard. No trees. Four shrubs. 10 cubic feet of crushed red brick.

You seem to be so very different from your mom. I hope it doesn’t crush you when she tells you that she actually found you in a reed basket floating in the Tioga River.
Sounds like you know my mom. The Tioga runs about .25 miles the house I grew up in.

They need to use a lot more mulch, not less of it. Most of it is just dirt, which should be covered with the mulch.

The e-bikes around here are awful. Many kids are riding high-performance bikes that are illegal for them to operate due to their age, while the ones who are old enough are supposed to have them registered (but don't). This group of kids isn't bad- they're too young to be bad. They are just kids being kids, but their parents don't supervise what they do, so it causes issues.

A couple of weeks ago, they had a small shovel and went to the park across the street (small park with really nice amenities that people pay $200 to rent out for for half of a day when available). They dug up one of the walkways so they could get dirt to make a ramp for their bikes. Again, kids just being kids, but it causes a problem. Somebody must have said something, as the landscape crew destroyed it. But now, one of the kids has a professionally manufactured ramp that he leaves in the middle of the drive all day. I have seen them standing on whatever the large electrical A/C box is outside of my house. I have a black metal fence that separates my property from a hill which is common space (but fenced off so nobody uses it) and is landscaped by the HOA. These fvckers are back there at least once a week. Last week, one of them had a stick and was wailing away on every single metal vertical post in the fence as he walked down it. Two nights ago, my cameras caught a coyote walking through there at 12:54 a.m. Somebody will get hurt . . . or they will be in the no-man's zone that is fenced off and see me walking naked in my house, and then we have an issue.

He doesn't have landscaping. He has a mowed yard. No trees. Four shrubs. 10 cubic feet of crushed red brick.

Sounds like you know my mom. The Tioga runs about .25 miles the house I grew up in.
At $240/month for landscaping they shouldn't need to be told and that shouldn't be an issue, but that's WV pricing. CA must be different.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT