ADVERTISEMENT

Prostitution

d60a5ce8a7e4c705864183575e500527fa2225c119954d376daa2def97622f83.jpg

Lol jk.
He left himself open for that one.

I'm against prostitution for the simple fact that "sex is just sex" is fantasy.

No matter how much folks may want to deny it there is a psychological aspect to intercourse that doesn't go away just because money changes hands.
Do you support people having the legal right to be able to freely participate in the exchange of goods and services?

Why do people from West Virginia struggle with the difference between "sell" and "sale" and "set" and "sit"?
Why do people who aren't from West Virginia struggle with the fact those are common errors throughout the entire country? I have to read countless docs from from NY & DC daily. Be nice if folks from the north comprehended the difference between "affect" and "effect". Also, I wish everyone in the country would too.

Why do people who aren't from West Virginia struggle with the fact those are common errors throughout the entire country? I have to read countless docs from from NY & DC daily. Be nice if folks from the north comprehended the difference between "affect" and "effect". Also, I wish everyone in the country would too.

I've never seen anyone making the two errors that I mentioned outside of West Virginian natives.

Affect vs. effect? Sure, I see that frequently. Those two words are pronounced the same, so it is somewhat understandable. The two examples I mentioned? Those words aren't pronounced the same.

West Virginia is one of the two worst uneducated states. I am not sure why this surprises you and makes you try to compare it to far better educated areas.

I've never seen anyone making the two errors that I mentioned outside of West Virginian natives.

Affect vs. effect? Sure, I see that frequently. Those two words are pronounced the same, so it is somewhat understandable. The two examples I mentioned? Those words aren't pronounced the same.

West Virginia is one of the two worst uneducated states. I am not sure why this surprises you and makes you try to compare it to far better educated areas.
Really, I see it frequently - although auto-correct may to be blame for a lot f it. And in my line of work, there's no excuse for it.

And the two words, affect and effect, are not pronounced the same. If someone is using the same pronunciation, they may not understand the difference between the two words. Or it's laziness.

Reactions: ohio herd
And the two words, affect and effect, are not pronounced the same. If someone is using the same pronunciation, they may not understand the difference between the two words. Or it's laziness.

Don't take this personally, but I can't stand when mother fvckers try to tell me I am wrong even though I am right.

Go look up the two words in a dictionary. It will show you how to pronounce them. Hint: they are pronounced the same.

Don't take this personally, but I can't stand when mother fvckers try to tell me I am wrong even though I am right.

Go look up the two words in a dictionary. It will show you how to pronounce them. Hint: they are pronounced the same.
Are you sure about that?

They are not pronounced the same, although with regional dialects they might be.

My dictionary shows them as being pronounced the same. But to be honest, I really don't give a fvck either way.

That is what I am thinking. We just don't give a ****.
Wouldn't it be nice if this YAGs cat could go back to posting about things that interest the masses? How long has it been since we saw any good pictures? Hell, he doesn't even get into it with Herd Fever much anymore.

Yes, I’m positive about it. Look at the differences between your own sources and their attempts to say “effect.” Your own sources greatly differ just on that word.

Is Merriam-Webster acceptable? Their audio clip pronunciations sound different from each other.
https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/affect
https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/effect

OTTTU

When doing a psych exam and describing someones affect, I pronounce it differently, but when used otherwise I pronounce affect and effect the same I think. I have no clue why that is or what is right/wrong here.

https://orig00.deviantart.net/af5f/f/2015/067/e/5/you_forgot_to_calculate_the_****_i_don_t_give__by_darklync-d8kycgt.jpg

Wouldn't it be nice if this YAGs cat could go back to posting about things that interest the masses? How long has it been since we saw any good pictures? Hell, he doesn't even get into it with Herd Fever much anymore.
That is what he doesn't understand about us West Virginians. At some point, we West Virginian's don't give a flying **** about stuff like this.

Plus his skill set and value he brought to the forum was as "whore man". I know I don't come here to sit in 8th Grade English Class. Screw that.

Damn...you guys got off the rails. Lets get back on topic. Inquiring, albeit slightly perverted minds want to know more about legalizing prostitution. Asking for a friend, of course.

ADVERTISEMENT