ADVERTISEMENT

Quote from Bill Legg

Its sad to say that the sack on Litton against Akron basically turned the tide on his season. He didn't run when he should have, which made the playbook even narrower, he didn't have an OL to block for hin, his attitude off the field was horrendous, and overall he just wasn't what he should be.
I hate how Marshall tends to have disaster lasting longer than it should on one play, but it happens. Many good schools can brush off a bad play and disallow it to have an impact, Marshall can do this, but it'll be a while.

So you're saying 2016 was a result of the team not bouncing back nor the coaching staff unable to make adjustments from one play in September against a MAC school? You're even suggesting that they still may need more time to bounce back from said play?

The Marshall football program may be the least resilient group of individuals ever to grace God's green earth.

Last edited:
^^Another Marshall "Supafan" post above^^

You're right man, 3-9 was just a huge misunderstanding.

Also, Litton should have been a dark horse for the Heisman last year, but it's not his fault he stared down receivers, threw passes way too high, went to Clark way too many times to bail him out for his throws 10' above the ground at the point the ball is to be caught.

Yeah, because I said all that about the Heisman and Litton, wrong. When in doubt or just wrong, you label and point in another, unrelated direction. Good work there pal.

Last edited:
I can't be anything but positive about this year!!
the number of plays won't determine this season, more likely how well we execute them.

..... or how well they are designed to make up for our weak line ! You can run plays well and still be out played...

Ohh and bill legg is horrible and should have been fired ... I really hope for a no bowl season this year cause he need to go.... you can thank me later!!

I went to one practice and saw us run that little tip pass that wvu was running with Geno Smith and Tavon Austin what, five or six years ago? That shows Legg's level of innovation.

Reactions: TwolfHerdfan
I went to one practice and saw us run that little tip pass that wvu was running with Geno Smith and Tavon Austin what, five or six years ago? That shows Legg's level of innovation.

While there are plenty of new "innovations," there are also 30-year old drills/plays that are still valuable and appropriate. We all have different levels of frustration with our offense and in particular, with Coach Legg. But let's not be unfair based on one thing seen at a single practice.

I'm basing it on what Brohm at WKU did to us the last three years, as an example, not on one play at one practice. I think Heater is a very good DC and Brohm confused him every time we played them. On the other hand, I have had to endure years of hearing opposing players and coaches comment about how how simplistic our offense is, how we didn't do anything they didn't expect.

You know that we have run a wheel route 3 times in the last six years and every time it worked for big yardage? The good news is that this is an odd number year, so we should see it again.

I'm basing it on what Brohm at WKU did to us the last three years, as an example, not on one play at one practice. I think Heater is a very good DC and Brohm confused him every time we played them. On the other hand, I have had to endure years of hearing opposing players and coaches comment about how how simplistic our offense is, how we didn't do anything they didn't expect.

You know that we have run a wheel route 3 times in the last six years and every time it worked for big yardage? The good news is that this is an odd number year, so we should see it again.

doesn't that make you wonder why we make our practices top secret? I mean I know it's common practice to do that....but with us, you can get what you need after five minutes of film

Hey 19MU88 guess what?! I actually agree with you on this topic although I doubt our opponents even spent that long looking at film. Legg's offense is so vanilla and predictable it makes you wonder when every fan in the stadium actually knows our three plays and the order in which he calls them.

Reactions: KellyGreenAlumni
As a fan, I enjoy high-flying risky play calling. We know what Legg offers. and that isnt it. He has done well, and also shown his predictability. I wouldn't be opposed to letting him go in efforts to bring in a new playcaller that gambles with a new offense. Yes we need a better run game. It will open passing, no brainer. What will it take? a new scheme? better o-line?..
Marshall fans need to be entertained. Grumbling fans is nothing but poison when we see the WR screen.. which we will see at minimum 12 times this year. I've been playing madden for what, 20 years? Can I get a shot at next years playbook?

As a fan, I enjoy high-flying risky play calling. We know what Legg offers. and that isnt it. He has done well, and also shown his predictability. I wouldn't be opposed to letting him go in efforts to bring in a new playcaller that gambles with a new offense. Yes we need a better run game. It will open passing, no brainer. What will it take? a new scheme? better o-line?..
Marshall fans need to be entertained. Grumbling fans is nothing but poison when we see the WR screen.. which we will see at minimum 12 times this year. I've been playing madden for what, 20 years? Can I get a shot at next years playbook?
I would much rather be entertained via winning, I could care less what plays are called as long as it leads to a win.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT