ADVERTISEMENT

Random partisan thoughts on poverty

KyMUfan

Platinum Buffalo
Gold Member
Dec 31, 2020
So here is my partisan, conservative approach to reduce poverty, possibly by 90%, in the United States:

1. Finish high school.
2. Get a full-time job.
3. Wait until attaining age 21 before marrying AND having children.

Reactions: alphasig1053
1. Finish high school.
2. Get a full-time job.
And when that doesn't work, you'll change you partisan conservative advice to....

1. Should've got a college degree
2. Work more than 1 full time job.
3. And you'll raise that age before marrying and having children when you find that the median income for 21 year olds is $17,000.

Poverty is fake like the hungry and the fake bird flu.

Everybody's rich, fat and not catching a made up cold.

So here is my partisan, conservative approach to reduce poverty, possibly by 90%, in the United States:

1. Finish high school.
2. Get a full-time job.
Dave Ramsey?

Doesn’t the Bible say the poor will always be with us?
If you gave every human 10 million dollars and came back in a year to check each persons progress, you would find some would be broke. Others would not have spent a cent. Some would have doubled or tripled their cash and some would have spent the 10 million and be in debt another ten. It’s just what humans do.

If you gave every human 10 million dollars and came back in a year to check each persons progress, you would find some would be broke. Others would not have spent a cent. Some would have doubled or tripled their cash and some would have spent the 10 million and be in debt another ten. It’s just what humans do.
You must work in the produce section, because that's some heavy cherry picking.

You must work in the produce section, because that's some heavy cherry picking.
FkuedHi.gif

Absolutely. Jesus said that very thing in Matthew 26. The second part of your post seems to mirror the parable of the talents in Matthew 25.

However we are also instructed to care for widows and orphans (James) and to feed the hungry and clothe the poor (Matthew again).

Nowhere does the Bible say this is the job of the government. It Is our collective and personal responsibilities. Man has shirked this responsibility and we are where we are today. Many on the left think it the responsibility of government to do this and many on the right think it is on each individual. That is a debate for another day...

And when that doesn't work, you'll change you partisan conservative advice to....

1. Should've got a college degree
2. Work more than 1 full time job.
3. And you'll raise that age before marrying and having children when you find that the median income for 21 year olds is $17,000.
🤣🤣🤣
Why would I when this seems to work 98% of the time???

Did he actually say that? Verbatim? Is he partisan?
Did he actually say that? Verbatim?
- If it is not verbatim, it is pretty dang close.

Is he partisan?
- Yes, but generally does a good job not making everything a partisan issue.

Back yours up.
Oh my... This is too easy.

The Brookings Institution is a liberal think-tank in Washington D.C. Hence it is a partisan organization as it is staffed almost exclusively by Democrats. However because they are not jockeying for votes they tend to be more pragmatic and less reliant on soundbites and scare tactics.

"...at least finish high school, get a full-time job and wait until age 21 to get married and have children.

Our research shows that of American adults who followed these three simple rules, only about 2 percent are in poverty and nearly 75 percent have joined the middle class..."

100% - 2% = 98%

Brookings Institution's research and findings. Anyone with a shred of common sense with no political biases or agendas should be able to understand and agree with that. Shame that you can't...

The Brookings Institution is a liberal think-tank in Washington D.C. Hence it is a partisan organization as it is staffed almost exclusively by Democrats. However because they are not jockeying for votes they tend to be more pragmatic and less reliant on soundbites and scare tactics.

"...at least finish high school, get a full-time job and wait until age 21 to get married and have children.

Our research shows that of American adults who followed these three simple rules, only about 2 percent are in poverty and nearly 75 percent have joined the middle class..."

100% - 2% = 98%

Brookings Institution's research and findings. Anyone with a shred of common sense with no political biases or agendas should be able to understand and agree with that. Shame that you can't...
Hey Greed. You're up. Want to counter that response? Or should we anticipate your normal response of liar, liar, pants on fire?

“Just recently I was invited to be on a TV show -- as the liberal,” he says, emphasizing the last word. “And it was based on nothing more than the fact I was at Brookings. They just assumed. And I said no, I’ve been a Republican my whole adult life, I served in the Bush administration, I worked for Republicans on the Hill, I still consider myself a conservative. So you’ve got the wrong guy.”
_______Ron Haskins
Brookings Institution's research and findings.
“Just recently I was invited to be on a TV show -- as the liberal,” he says, emphasizing the last word. “And it was based on nothing more than the fact I was at Brookings. They just assumed. And I said no, I’ve been a Republican my whole adult life, I served in the Bush administration, I worked for Republicans on the Hill, I still consider myself a conservative. So you’ve got the wrong guy.”
Anyone with a shred of common sense with no political biases or agendas should be able to understand and agree with that. Shame that you can't...

Why would I when this seems to work 98% of the time???

But it doesn't.
Waiting for the "98% of the time"....

Hey Greed. You're up. Want to counter that response? Or should we anticipate your normal response of liar, liar, pants on fire?
Yeah, I'm still waiting on data where those principles work 98% of the time. Idiot.

Yeah, I'm still waiting on data where those principles work 98% of the time.

Nowhere, idiot, does it say it would remedy 98% of poverty.

Brookings Institution is partisan.

Ron Haskins considers himself a conservative.

Brilliant! You just proved my introductory sentence. This is a partisan (Brookings), conservative (Haskins) approach to reducing poverty...
No, idiot. You said....
The Brookings Institution is a liberal think-tank in Washington D.C. Hence it is a partisan organization as it is staffed almost exclusively by Democrats.
And I'm still waiting on that 98% method of reducing poverty that you can't find....since it doesn't exist.

5. Don’t work for employers like Greed. You’ll be paid no benefits and most likely will end up needing to find other work when he decides he’s made enough $$ for himself, doesn’t want employees and let’s you go.

5. Don’t work for employers like Greed. You’ll be paid no benefits and most likely will end up needing to find other work when he decides he’s made enough $$ for himself, doesn’t want employees and let’s you go.
You're a liar and idiot. phlegmwad

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT