ADVERTISEMENT

Republicans are right. Democrats wanted to impeach Donald Trump from the start.

Chevy1

Platinum Buffalo
Oct 26, 2002
This editorial appeared in the Chicago Tribune. The Trib didn't endorse either Clinton or Trump - they didn't believe either possessed the basic and essential ethics to hold the position..

https://www.chicagotribune.com/colu...0191216-tckivuw7q5gnzhnc5pe56uhiwy-story.html
From the moment he took office, Donald Trump’s impeachment was inevitable. Democrats knew it. Republicans knew it too.

This week, House Democrats will get what they have craved for three years. They are expected to vote to impeach the 45th president of the United States.

No one was “out to get” Trump or to trap him, as Republicans insisted throughout the impeachment hearings. There was no need to. All Democrats had to do was wait. They knew it would only be a matter of time before Trump dug his own hole and buried himself deep inside it.

Democrats were never the dragons Trump needed to slay, though. His reckless impulsiveness and his deep-seated insecurities were his greatest enemies. His insatiable need to prove his legitimacy as president was the Achilles heel that enveloped him in controversy during much of his first term in the White House.

The majority of Americans realized that Trump was a self-indulgent fraud from the start. We knew he had traveled a corrupt and treacherous road his entire adult life, and given the chance, he would drag our nation along with him.

We heard him take the oath of office and doubted every word.

“I do solemnly swear that I will faithfully execute the office of president of the United States, and will to the best of my ability, preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States.”

Trump would never be able to live up to such a high standard. No one so dishonorable could. His lack of integrity was never in question. Long before he became president, Trump told us who he was.

America foolishly elected a self-proclaimed deal-closer who had filed for bankruptcy six times and has a penchant for ripping off innocent people. He founded the now defunct Trump University, which New York prosecutors accused of “swindling thousands of Americans out of millions of dollars.”

Last month, a judge ruled that his tax-exempt Donald J. Trump Foundation had misused funds to subsidize his for-profit businesses, boost his 2016 campaign and pay for frivolous things like a painting of himself. Trump was ordered to pay $2 million in damages and shut the foundation down for good.

Beyond that, Trump was a dangerous and greedy Washington neophyte, whose imbecility made him a sitting duck for political vultures like Russia, which identified him immediately as someone who might easily be manipulated.

If Democrats failed to impeach, they would be as complicit as Republicans in allowing Trump to go unchecked as he bucked the Constitution and put our democracy at risk. But the timing had to be right and the charges abundantly clear.

Many Americans grew impatient waiting for House Democrats to make their move. Nothing he had done thus far, however, met the standard to impeach. Speaker Nancy Pelosi remained steadfast in her resolve, knowing that Trump would eventually provide them a chance to prove how ruthless he is.

In April, he handed Democrats exactly what they wanted. He made a telephone call to Ukraine President Volodymyr Zelenskiy, asking him to delve into the 2020 election by investigating Trump’s political rival, former Vice President Joe Biden and his son Hunter Biden in exchange for military aid and a White House meeting.

It was a clear and concise case of abuse of power, one of the articles of impeachment approved by the House Judiciary Committee on Friday. Trump gave them additional ammunition by blocking witness testimony during the hearings and ignoring subpoenas. That was the basis of the second article of impeachment, obstruction of Congress.

Yes, Democrats have long awaited this impeachment. Republicans will see to it that Trump remains in office, but his corruption will be recorded in history. Most importantly, though, the record will show that someone at least tried to stop him.

The majority of Americans realized that Trump was a self-indulgent fraud from the start. We knew he had traveled a corrupt and treacherous road his entire adult life, and given the chance, he would drag our nation along with him.

This. For me it has always had zero to do with "politics". He is simply a no-good son of a bitch.

except for the TDS enraged haters, this isn't anything new and doesn't take a one sided slanted opinion piece to know what's occurring. it's been obvious from the beginning impeachment has been the democrats primary objective. they're impeaching him over baseless bullshit, not even going with what they thought they had on him . . . either time. @Raoul Duke MU pretty much summed up the general consensus with his post ITT as to why impeachment has been and will be the number one objective of him and other liberals: feelings. they don't like him. he's not a conventional politician. he's said something along the line that has hurt their feelings.

as the mod stated above, cry me a river . . . and shove your feelings up your ass.

Cry me a river. They can all go jump in it. They are the ones destroying the country.
Were you in favor of Clinton's impeachment?

I was, and I'm guessing you were too. Clinton was caught committing perjury - he lied to a grand jury. You and I couldn't get away with that - why should he? At the time, I recall asking, "should he be above the law?" Plus, I thought he was a no-good, lying SOB anyway. Now, was lying about sex a "High Crime" or "High Misdemeanor"...even if you elevate it to abusing the power of his office by coaxing/accepting sex from an intern - would that be a high crime or high misdemeanor? After Access Hollywood and Stormy Daniels - probably not, but, at that time, I was for it (impeachment that is).

While I might have been wrong about the severity of Clinton's "crime" and subsequent impeachment....at least my belief system is consistent with this current episode of Presidential wrongdoing. Can't say the same for today's Trumpublicans.

Reactions: GK4Herd
This editorial appeared in the Chicago Tribune. The Trib didn't endorse either Clinton or Trump - they didn't believe either possessed the basic and essential ethics to hold the position..

https://www.chicagotribune.com/colu...0191216-tckivuw7q5gnzhnc5pe56uhiwy-story.html
From the moment he took office, Donald Trump’s impeachment was inevitable. Democrats knew it. Republicans knew it too.

This week, House Democrats will get what they have craved for three years. They are expected to vote to impeach the 45th president of the United States.

No one was “out to get” Trump or to trap him, as Republicans insisted throughout the impeachment hearings. There was no need to. All Democrats had to do was wait. They knew it would only be a matter of time before Trump dug his own hole and buried himself deep inside it.

Democrats were never the dragons Trump needed to slay, though. His reckless impulsiveness and his deep-seated insecurities were his greatest enemies. His insatiable need to prove his legitimacy as president was the Achilles heel that enveloped him in controversy during much of his first term in the White House.

We heard him take the oath of office and doubted every word.

“I do solemnly swear that I will faithfully execute the office of president of the United States, and will to the best of my ability, preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States.”

Trump would never be able to live up to such a high standard. No one so dishonorable could. His lack of integrity was never in question. Long before he became president, Trump told us who he was.

America foolishly elected a self-proclaimed deal-closer who had filed for bankruptcy six times and has a penchant for ripping off innocent people. He founded the now defunct Trump University, which New York prosecutors accused of “swindling thousands of Americans out of millions of dollars.”

Last month, a judge ruled that his tax-exempt Donald J. Trump Foundation had misused funds to subsidize his for-profit businesses, boost his 2016 campaign and pay for frivolous things like a painting of himself. Trump was ordered to pay $2 million in damages and shut the foundation down for good.

Beyond that, Trump was a dangerous and greedy Washington neophyte, whose imbecility made him a sitting duck for political vultures like Russia, which identified him immediately as someone who might easily be manipulated.

If Democrats failed to impeach, they would be as complicit as Republicans in allowing Trump to go unchecked as he bucked the Constitution and put our democracy at risk. But the timing had to be right and the charges abundantly clear.

Many Americans grew impatient waiting for House Democrats to make their move. Nothing he had done thus far, however, met the standard to impeach. Speaker Nancy Pelosi remained steadfast in her resolve, knowing that Trump would eventually provide them a chance to prove how ruthless he is.

In April, he handed Democrats exactly what they wanted. He made a telephone call to Ukraine President Volodymyr Zelenskiy, asking him to delve into the 2020 election by investigating Trump’s political rival, former Vice President Joe Biden and his son Hunter Biden in exchange for military aid and a White House meeting.

It was a clear and concise case of abuse of power, one of the articles of impeachment approved by the House Judiciary Committee on Friday. Trump gave them additional ammunition by blocking witness testimony during the hearings and ignoring subpoenas. That was the basis of the second article of impeachment, obstruction of Congress.

Yes, Democrats have long awaited this impeachment. Republicans will see to it that Trump remains in office, but his corruption will be recorded in history. Most importantly, though, the record will show that someone at least tried to stop him.
Yet instead of waiting they had to forge evidence and lie to a federal judge multiple times

Reactions: 19MU88 and WV-FAN
they're impeaching him over baseless bullshit

Except, you know, they've admitted he did it.

Why can't you just come out and say it: "I don't care if POTUS uses foreign aid to get foreign nations to interfere in our elections."

. they don't like him. he's not a conventional politician. he's said something along the line that has hurt their feelings.

How in the fvck has he hurt my feelings? He's just a no good son of a bitch. Always has been. I am particular about not wanting no good sons of bitches in the White House. It's not my fault you lack moral clarity, because even moral fogginess can see he has always been a no good son of a bitch.

Reactions: Chevy1
Except, you know, they've admitted he did it.

Why can't you just come out and say it: "I don't care if POTUS uses foreign aid to get foreign nations to interfere in our elections."

How in the fvck has he hurt my feelings? He's just a no good son of a bitch. Always has been. I am particular about not wanting no good sons of bitches in the White House. It's not my fault you lack moral clarity, because even moral fogginess can see he has always been a no good son of a bitch.
point to the doll and show where trump touched you.

How about I point to my ass and you kiss it?
mememe_0e80420558a2164670e00b5aec1a6951-1.jpg

Were you in favor of Clinton's impeachment?

I was, and I'm guessing you were too. Clinton was caught committing perjury - he lied to a grand jury. You and I couldn't get away with that - why should he? At the time, I recall asking, "should he be above the law?" Plus, I thought he was a no-good, lying SOB anyway. Now, was lying about sex a "High Crime" or "High Misdemeanor"...even if you elevate it to abusing the power of his office by coaxing/accepting sex from an intern - would that be a high crime or high misdemeanor? After Access Hollywood and Stormy Daniels - probably not, but, at that time, I was for it (impeachment that is).

While I might have been wrong about the severity of Clinton's "crime" and subsequent impeachment....at least my belief system is consistent with this current episode of Presidential wrongdoing. Can't say the same for today's Trumpublicans.
Lying to a grand jury is lying to a grand jury. Hey man, that was about sex. Doesn't count . I really never gave a shit about his sex romps.

Lying to a grand jury is lying to a grand jury. Hey man, that was about sex. Doesn't count . I really never gave a shit about his sex romps.
If you support President 14K, then Clinton's perjury shouldn't matter. It pales in comparison to the Whoppers we've heard from the orange one these last three years.

"No one from my campaign had contact with Russians"... For most Americans, that's a more disturbing lie than, "I did not have sexual relations with that woman."

Last edited:
And you guys still talk about Russia months after the publishing of the Mueller report.

Reactions: WV-FAN
And you guys still talk about Russia months after the publishing of the Mueller report.
Is this a true statement: "No one from my campaign had contact with Russians"

No. It's a lie. A huge lie.....don't know what the Mueller report has to do with that lie. I guess when your lies encroach the level of tens-of-thousands one has to look at other means to justify supporting the lies..

Is this a true statement: "No one from my campaign had contact with Russians"

Mueller report has everything to do with is.

Unfortunately for you guys, Mueller did not find that the Trump campaign or anyone associated with it conspired or coordinated with Russia to influence the 2016 U.S. presidential election.

If a 2 year investigation with illegal FISA warrants cant find "evidence", you guys are grasping as straws...yet again.

Robert Mueller was originally charged with investigating Russian efforts to influence the outcome of the 2016 election, not investigate cheetos. Cheetos took it personal, so trumptards took it personal. It has been determined that a concerted effort was made by Russia to hack an American election and is trying to do so again right now.

Robert Mueller was originally charged with investigating Russian efforts to influence the outcome of the 2016 election,

Still, irrelevant to the outcome of the investigation. You can continue to attack the process if you like. Some of us see through it. (sound familiar?)

Mueller did not find that the Trump campaign or anyone associated with it conspired or coordinated with Russia to influence the 2016 U.S. presidential election.

No, dotard, investigating Russian efforts to influence the outcome of the 2016 election is not irrelevant to the outcome of the investigation since it was found that the russians actually were attempting to influence the outcome of the election.

Mueller did not find that the Trump campaign or anyone associated with it conspired or coordinated with Russia to influence the 2016 U.S. presidential election.

Dems Mad!

wouldn't the house be impeaching on russia collusion if mueller had found as much? sure they would. they were on pins and needles waiting to do just that. mueller pulled the rug out from under them and now they're reduced to trumped up horseshit.

Still, irrelevant to the outcome of the investigation. You can continue to attack the process if you like. Some of us see through it. (sound familiar?)

It's almost like you didn't read the report....

Reactions: Chevy1
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT