ADVERTISEMENT

Resident Defenders of the Faithful

bbneutralfan

Gold Buffalo
Sep 29, 2010
Josh Stowers and Aaron Perkins. Are these two on the Marshall payroll? I support our teams. I support our university. I belong to the Big Green and I am a life member of the M Club. All of us on here are entitled to our opinions and many of us often disagree with each other. But when the mediocrity that has set into our athletic department and these two criticize us for our opinions is not right. Stowers and Perkins need their own board where the only people who can post are those two and they can back slap each other all they want and blame the rest of us for not supporting Marshall enough and when the only ones left are Stowers, Perkins, MH, and a few others let them explain what happened. Does anyone else find it peculiar that both are also moderators on this board? Go Herd no matter what.

Gotta love the superiority complex fans. They love giving their hairbrain opinions, but don’t accept when anyone else has them. Preaching about how things should be gets old and alienates the fans. Just check out boss man’s twitter over the past day. Oh well, must be nice knowing it all.

Gotta love the superiority complex fans. They love giving their hairbrain opinions, but don’t accept when anyone else has them. Preaching about how things should be gets old and alienates the fans. Just check out boss man’s twitter over the past day. Oh well, must be nice knowing it all.

You’re all of what, 23 years old? The only real success you’ve seen at Marshall is what Doc has brought to you. So when you carry on about mediocrity and such, it’s a bit ridiculous. I’m sorry.

At least some of these guys can attribute their opinions to personal experiences. Doesn’t mean I agree with them, but they’re certainly more validated.

You’re all of what, 23 years old? The only real success you’ve seen at Marshall is what Doc has brought to you. So when you carry on about mediocrity and such, it’s a bit ridiculous. I’m sorry.

At least some of these guys can attribute their opinions to personal experiences. Doesn’t mean I agree with them, but they’re certainly more validated.

Yeah buddy, keep spewing that condescending tone just like your boy Perk. You all are great representations of Marshall. Telling fans how they should act and how legitimate of a fan they are. Actually pretty pathetic when you think about it.

As do I, but for certain people, that’s an issue. Quit telling fans how to be, simple as that. And apparently you have to be 40 to voice a valid opinion? Sorry, that’s insulting.

What does age have to do with anything? So what if he’s 23. He was still alive during some “successful” times. Age doesn’t make anyone’s opinion more or less valid

What does age have to do with anything? So what if he’s 23. He was still alive during some “successful” times. Age doesn’t make anyone’s opinion more or less valid

I just don’t see how someone that was younger than 5 years old during the Pruett years and was also enrolled at Marshall during Doc’s three most successful seasons can be preaching about mediocrity.

Sounds to me like a 23yr old is wise for his age. It is a shame some that are critical of him has so much less knowledge

Reactions: trace_94
Well Josh if you don’t represent Marshall then quit acting like you do with your condescending posts to the rest of us.

I think that the kids get lost in all the anti Doc talk. Doc and Fuller are the one of reasons we came to Marshall. The other was how welcoming the community was and how much they cared about the program. We visited UVA 2-3 times and Wake Forrest met us at the airport on the way to the OV to Marshall to talk to my son.
I understand wanting to be in the championship win every season, but 8-4 or 9-3 isn't too shabby. I do think that the offense need a kick in the pants, because them not sustaining drives in not entertaining and it hurts the defense.
Aside from football, he's met some life long friends. The team seems to be a close knit group. I also think Doc genuinely cares about the kids and the program.

I just don’t see how someone that was younger than 5 years old during the Pruett years and was also enrolled at Marshall during Doc’s three most successful seasons can be preaching about mediocrity.

First of all, I’m an almost 26 year old grown man with a job and a college degree. Where do you get off telling me I’m not worthy of having a valid opinion? I don’t need any condescending pricks telling me what I can say on a fan forum. I haven’t missed a home game in over 9 years, I’m a big green member, I went to Marshall for 4 1/2 years, so you aren’t any more qualified to voice an opinion than I am. Bite me.

Reactions: mlblack16.
I think that the kids get lost in all the anti Doc talk. Doc and Fuller are the one of reasons we came to Marshall. The other was how welcoming the community was and how much they cared about the program. We visited UVA 2-3 times and Wake Forrest met us at the airport on the way to the OV to Marshall to talk to my son.
I understand wanting to be in the championship win every season, but 8-4 or 9-3 isn't too shabby. I do think that the offense need a kick in the pants, because them not sustaining drives in not entertaining and it hurts the defense.
Aside from football, he's met some life long friends. The team seems to be a close knit group. I also think Doc genuinely cares about the kids and the program.
I don’t think anyone questions how much doc cares for the kids, the issue is that we have become stale in the doc era. We all know what’s going to happen offensively just about every play, screen, inside run, deep ball. There’s no excitement surrounding the program and for a school/community like Marshall/Huntington, there needs to be something to be excited about. It’s not enough to just be excited about the name. We aren’t to that level yet and very few schools are

So by giving you my opinion, I’m criticizing you?

No, you criticize people when you criticize them. Quit playing dumb. Either you have a total lack of self-awareness, or you are a complete liar. Now, which is it?

No, you criticize people when you criticize them. Quit playing dumb. Either you have a total lack of self-awareness, or you are a complete liar. Now, which is it?

I don't take your opinions as criticizing. I just shake my head and move on. How am I a complete liar?

I don’t think anyone questions how much doc cares for the kids, the issue is that we have become stale in the doc era. We all know what’s going to happen offensively just about every play, screen, inside run, deep ball. There’s no excitement surrounding the program and for a school/community like Marshall/Huntington, there needs to be something to be excited about. It’s not enough to just be excited about the name. We aren’t to that level yet and very few schools are
I get that, but an offensive change or opening things up. The QB needs to get through progressions quick or get someone who can. I new coach with same QB might not fix things. They may be calling plays based on a skill set.

The team we have this year is not very exciting, and the offense is often painful to watch, but at least we have a chance for a nine win season.

I can't be too hard on Doc because I attended MU during the time we lost 28 games in a row. We seldom expected to win any games.

Stowers and Perkins need their own private board - those two only. Won’t last long as they will eventually disagree.

He has one title in 10 years. We think and we actually know we can do better than this. Marshall is an underperforming program

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT