ADVERTISEMENT

Rifle, is this you?

Bump.

For some reason, the missing hiker thread made me think of this.

You all have let me down. I tossed out a fat, hanging curve that no one took a swing at. The potential for rifle/cougar jokes and/or stories was tremendous. Fvck all of you for failing miserably at your jobs.

IKUXMFrtL5Cn-GNStG1D9t9CKZ1gh1pLr8EwNkm9mEToP7mmHYnJDulf7NWu2-6zohnKK6GiPdbK_ElwxFTYWGAKg8wuXKdYXUwSbll9xT_dKS-J-00zkMDpEanWzTBeWFJLz-gXgGvd8AjM-3uy6xIzTiUzXxa58FARIMj9bMa8lQD_fTs

Sorry- I thought I had responded to this thread. Was there another one on here about it? I was tagged by about a dozen people on Facebook with the story, and I responded to some of those threads, so I thought I had on here.

I have never hiked that canyon, but it is very close in location and very similar to the dozens I have hiked. I don't know what I would have done . . . after shitting my pants. I would have grabbed my GF's hand and raised them up to make us look bigger and more dangerous. I kept thinking to grab big rocks and throw them, but I would also be scared that it would attack once it saw me get small and take my eyes off of it to get rocks.

I had a discussion with a couple of other guys about this video: if push came to shove and you had to fight it, would I be able to survive? I am very confident that I'd be fine. Even if succeeded in latching on to me with its teeth/jaws, I'd be strong enough to gouge its eyes, punch it in the head, etc. to the extent that it would release and retreat.

I'm not saying that I'd come out unscathed void of some nasty claw marks and bites, but I am confident that I'd be able to fend it off to the point where I wouldn't die (excluding some freak bike that popped a jugular or something).

I'm not saying that I'd come out unscathed void of some nasty claw marks and bites, but I am confident that I'd be able to fend it off to the point where I wouldn't die (excluding some freak bike that popped a jugular or something).
Those chainrings can be nasty.

If it was set on killing you there would be absolutely nothing you could do to stop it. They have bite pressure of 650 psi, which is enough to snap any bone in your body including femurs and skulls. Add to that they are stronger, faster,’and more agile means you have no chance unless they just decide not to kill you.

I think you would be better off to fight a cougar if it decides to attack. Why? The cougar is a cat. Cat's don't like prey that fight back. Cats don't like to waste energy on prey that fights back.

That being said if a large healthy male or female mother decided to attack, it would be a tough fight. they go from 120 -180lbs of wild animal. Solid muscle and animal adrenaline. A smaller cougar you might be ok. That one dude got attacked out in Colorado by a 60 lb cougar and it tore him up bad.

Think about what a pit bull or german shephard could do to you? Now think about a wild cougar of adult size. Odds are not good. Think about a house cat that goes crazy and will scratch you to pieces. A grown healthy mature cougar would shred you to pieces. But, you would have not choice to fight back.

I think you would be better off to fight a cougar if it decides to attack. Why? The cougar is a cat. Cat's don't like prey that fight back. Cats don't like to waste energy on prey that fights back.

That being said if a large healthy male or female mother decided to attack, it would be a tough fight. they go from 120 -180lbs of wild animal. Solid muscle and animal adrenaline. A smaller cougar you might be ok. That one dude got attacked out in Colorado by a 60 lb cougar and it tore him up bad.

Think about what a pit bull or german shephard could do to you? Now think about a wild cougar of adult size. Odds are not good. Think about a house cat that goes crazy and will scratch you to pieces. A grown healthy mature cougar would shred you to pieces. But, you would have not choice to fight back.
This was also a mother cougar since the hiker stumbled upon her babies, even worse for him.

I'm more amazed the guy managed to walk backward as long as he did, where plenty of rocks that could have tripped him were. I know, he shouldn't take his eyes off the cougar, its just such a slim window of error that could have killed this hiker.

If it was set on killing you there would be absolutely nothing you could do to stop it. They have bite pressure of 650 psi, which is enough to snap any bone in your body including femurs and skulls. Add to that they are stronger, faster,’and more agile means you have no chance unless they just decide not to kill you.

I would think a fairly strong adult male could fight one off for the same reason herdman said - most animals don't like it when a prey target fights back.

That being said, if it felt it's babies were threatened, all bets are off. You're probably going to die or come close to it.

That cougar had zero intention of attacking. She was just chasing him off.

If a cougar is truly stalking you, you probably wouldn't know until it was too late. Stealthy, quiet fvckers.

Cats don't fvck around. I came across this video the other day, bobcat vs rattlesnake. The snake was badly overmatched.

Basically, a snake has to get lucky to strike a bobcat.

Reactions: Raoul Duke MU
That cougar had zero intention of attacking. She was just chasing him off.

If a cougar is truly stalking you, you probably wouldn't know until it was too late. Stealthy, quiet fvckers.

Cats don't fvck around. I came across this video the other day, bobcat vs rattlesnake. The snake was badly overmatched.

wonder how the bobcat knows where to bite the snake right behind the head? amazing

Come again?

Millions of years of evolution = the genes of effective hunters are passed on. Non-effective hunters died. Going for the neck of prey is instinct, and very effective.
Yehh that is what I am saying is amazing . How a new kitten would know to go for the neck. The one chance means if the rattlesnake bites them then the bobcat is dead.

I know the mountain lions who have killed out here will bite the neck area, hold on or crush. Most of the time seems to be joggers or mountain bikers. The fast movement triggers them into attacking fleeing prey.

Sorry- I thought I had responded to this thread. Was there another one on here about it? I was tagged by about a dozen people on Facebook with the story, and I responded to some of those threads, so I thought I had on here.

I have never hiked that canyon, but it is very close in location and very similar to the dozens I have hiked. I don't know what I would have done . . . after shitting my pants. I would have grabbed my GF's hand and raised them up to make us look bigger and more dangerous. I kept thinking to grab big rocks and throw them, but I would also be scared that it would attack once it saw me get small and take my eyes off of it to get rocks.

I had a discussion with a couple of other guys about this video: if push came to shove and you had to fight it, would I be able to survive? I am very confident that I'd be fine. Even if succeeded in latching on to me with its teeth/jaws, I'd be strong enough to gouge its eyes, punch it in the head, etc. to the extent that it would release and retreat.

Thank you for another idiotic post. I was laughing so hard it was an hour before I could respond. So you think that you could get away from the Cougar if it attacked you?My my, you must be a mighty tough guy. Do you perhaps have any military training in escape And evasion, or close quarter combat, or anything that would warrant you been able to escape the cougar?Do you perhaps carry a survival knife and have you been trained in how to use it? Durham and Hunter Biden’s laptop knows?

Reactions: 19MU88
Thank you for another idiotic post. I was laughing so hard it was an hour before I could respond.

This is just a really, really bad attempt at talking shit. Though I applaud you for finally typing something different than your usual two or three lines, perhaps it is better to go back to that, as your attempts to sway from your usual are even worse.

So you think that you could get away from the Cougar if it attacked you?

Get away from? No, I said that I could defend myself to the extent that it wouldn't kill me. There's a big difference, but somebody of your intellect obviously struggles understanding that.

This is just a really, really bad attempt at talking shit. Though I applaud you for finally typing something different than your usual two or three lines, perhaps it is better to go back to that, as your attempts to sway from your usual are even worse.

Get away from? No, I said that I could defend myself to the extent that it wouldn't kill me. There's a big difference, but somebody of your intellect obviously struggles understanding that.
You would fold like a cheap suit. Durham an Hunter Biden‘s laptop knows!

That’s my new name for you, cougar boy. All those gym muscles wouldn’t do you any good against a 350 pound cougar. You would crap your pants and cry like a baby. But keep posting stuff like that I haven’t laughed this hard in years. Cougar boy! Don’t forget there cougar, Durham and Hunter Biden‘s laptop knows!

A huge male cougar would be 200 lbs.

A 350 lbs. cougar? They don't exist other than the one in your bed each night, moron.
Cougar boy, can fend off 200 pound cougars with one arm tied behind his back. Oh wait, can’t tie one hand behind your back you won’t be able to flex for the photos.Let’s try this again, cougar boy, can fend off 200 pound cougars with his bare hands. Can gouge out their eyes and send them back to the cougar den whimpering in fear. We could put you in a cage with a cougar and videotape it as you defeat him and put it on YouTube. You could be an immediate sensation, make a lot of money, and most importantly you could flex a lot with your shirt off after you defeat the cougar. just think of all the potential photo opportunities. It’s got everything you strive for. Cougar boy, Durham and Hunter Biden‘s laptop knows!

Cougar boy, can fend off 200 pound cougars with one arm tied behind his back. Oh wait, can’t tie one hand behind your back you won’t be able to flex for the photos.Let’s try this again, cougar boy, can fend off 200 pound cougars with his bare hands. Can gouge out their eyes and send them back to the cougar den whimpering in fear. We could put you in a cage with a cougar and videotape it as you defeat him and put it on YouTube. You could be an immediate sensation, make a lot of money, and most importantly you could flex a lot with your shirt off after you defeat the cougar. just think of all the potential photo opportunities. It’s got everything you strive for. Cougar boy, Durham and Hunter Biden‘s laptop knows!

Deplorables, are any of you willing to support this guy? In all honesty, is he even worse than 19MU88? Just look at this pathetic attempt of his. Look at all of the other threads where he has chased me around today with embarrassingly bad attempts at shit-talking.

Many of you supported this guy when he started posting with claims that he was the best new poster in a long time, liking his posts, etc. You all are guilty of building this guy into what he is today, yet none of you tell him how much of a moron he is. You simply stopped liking any of his posts, don't engage with him anymore, and act like you have nothing to do with him. Bullshit. You deplorables supported this guy and built him into the pathetic poster he is today.

Weird way of talking shit.

I didn't want to bring it up earlier, but since you mentioned a knife....

https://denver.cbslocal.com/2019/08/16/mountain-lion-pocketknife-kremmling/

I think you would be better off to fight a cougar if it decides to attack.

Herdman is right. Might as well fight back. Don't believe me?

https://www.nps.gov/pore/planyourvisit/yoursafety_mountainlions.htm

These really are things you need to think about if you head out into the back country.

Me? I carry a handgun. More for people than animals, there's been 10 murders on the AT since 1974....

I didn't want to bring it up earlier, but since you mentioned a knife....

https://denver.cbslocal.com/2019/08/16/mountain-lion-pocketknife-kremmling/

I'll help the useless poster look dumber than usual by quoting this from one of your links:

If the mountain lion attacks you:

• Fight back! A hiker in Southern California used a rock to fend off a mountain lion that was attacking his son. Others have fought back successfully with sticks, caps, jackets, garden tools, and their bare hands. Since a mountain lion usually tries to bite the head or neck, try to remain standing and face the attacking animal. Also, if you have a backpack, try to position it to serve as body armor or a shield.

Deplorables, are any of you willing to support this guy? In all honesty, is he even worse than 19MU88? Just look at this pathetic attempt of his. Look at all of the other threads where he has chased me around today with embarrassingly bad attempts at shit-talking.

Many of you supported this guy when he started posting with claims that he was the best new poster in a long time, liking his posts, etc. You all are guilty of building this guy into what he is today, yet none of you tell him how much of a moron he is. You simply stopped liking any of his posts, don't engage with him anymore, and act like you have nothing to do with him. Bullshit. You deplorables supported this guy and built him into the pathetic poster he is today.
OK I’ll lighten up on your cougar boy. You’re just another weak liberal who can dish it out but can’t take it. But I don’t want to run you off the board send you crying to the monitors again, because your post are just too hilarious. You can go to your safe space now, I’ll take it easy on you. Durham and Hunter Biden‘s laptop knows!

Reactions: 19MU88

what a cry baby!!! and a hypocrite.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT