ADVERTISEMENT

Rules of HerdNation

And I'm fine with that. Does it piss me off that we lost to WKU in 2014 and cost ourselves an access bowl? Sure it does. Does it piss me off that we lost 9 games a year ago? Sure it does, but I won't continue to dwell on it day in and day out. It's just not worth my time and it's certainly not productive in hoping that it doesn't happen again in 2017.

Give it time, I'm certain by the end of Quarter 1 of the season opener this staff will give us plenty to be upset about for the rest of the season.

And I'll be ok with that.
Why would you be okay with losing? That's un-American. I'm still pissed off about Michigan losing to OSU last November, and I'll be pissed off about it for several more years. Lose, and I'm going to bitch about it. Who cares if it's unhealthy. It's the American way to bitch about things.

There's an enormous difference in being intolerant and growing tired of the incessant negativity brought to OF and HN on a daily basis by the same three or four people. I wouldn't even mind it as much if it pertained to 2017, but some people won't let 2016 go. Hell, some people even continue to bring up WKU from 2014. If my life were that miserable because of something, then I would just leave it behind.
People haven't let 2016 go because there havent been any changes made to make anyone(other than the koolaid drinkers) think 2017 will be different.

Why would you be okay with losing? That's un-American. I'm still pissed off about Michigan losing to OSU last November, and I'll be pissed off about it for several more years. Lose, and I'm going to bitch about it. Who cares if it's unhealthy. It's the American way to bitch about things.

I didn't say I'm ok with losing. I said I'll be ok with somebody bitching about losing.

There's an enormous difference in being intolerant and growing tired of the incessant negativity brought to OF and HN on a daily basis by the same three or four people.

Those are the same exact things, moron. It doesn't matter why you are intolerant of something ("tired" of it, don't agree with it, etc.). If you are tired of it and don't tolerate it, it means you are intolerant of it.

"Enormous difference" between the two? Your second grade teacher should be fired.

Regarding your "intolerance" of me, it has nothing to do with "incessant negativity." It's a personal vendetta you have against me, clearly shown in your biased moderating, because I call you out for the hypocritical moron that you are.

I didn't say I'm ok with losing. I said I'll be ok with somebody bitching about losing.

Unless it's the day after losing. Because, of course, they should let it go and move on, right?

Marshall just finished 3-9. Doc has made no public comments or moves to appease the fans. Hamrick made boneheaded comments you learn not to make in Public Relations 101. There have been off the field problems with nothing said by Marshall. Doc's hires this year have been awful- one was one of the biggest cheaters in football over the last decade. He bounced in his first week. Then, his replacement hire has a resume that couldn't get him a job at a D2 school, let alone any other FBS. The next hire for the 10th coach-in-waiting has an almost as bad resume.

And you think people should be positive?

But you're not ok with somebody bitching about past games. Well, I'm going to bitch about them. I can still see Hoke standing on the sidelines clapping his hands while down 24 points. I bitched then, and I'm still bitching at him four years later.

Unless it's the day after losing. Because, of course, they should let it go and move on, right?

Marshall just finished 3-9. Doc has made no public comments or moves to appease the fans. Hamrick made boneheaded comments you learn not to make in Public Relations 101. There have been off the field problems with nothing said by Marshall. Doc's hires this year have been awful- one was one of the biggest cheaters in football over the last decade. He bounced in his first week. Then, his replacement hire has a resume that couldn't get him a job at a D2 school, let alone any other FBS. The next hire for the 10th coach-in-waiting has an almost as bad resume.

That would tell me a few things.

1)Doc doesn't have contacts or great networking to find qualified candidates.
or
2)Doc doesn't want qualified candidates.
or
3)Qualified candidates don't want a job at Marshall.

2)Doc doesn't want qualified candidates.

He doesn't want guys who are smarter than him. He wants safe hires who he can control, who won't leave him to go to Charlotte, and who won't offer suggestions to do things better than he does them.

He wants guys he knows directly who will follow in line.

He doesn't want guys who are smarter than him. He wants safe hires who he can control, who won't leave him to go to Charlotte, and who won't offer suggestions to do things better than he does them.

He wants guys he knows directly who will follow in line.

Not smarter than him? God almighty. Is he going to hire a butter knife?

Reactions: thunderscope

Corkscrew's response: "Doc won 33 games in 3 seasons. Last season was an anomaly. If you think different you're just a Pruett fanboy with a vendetta against Doc."

Reactions: Y.A.G Si Ye Nots
People haven't let 2016 go because there havent been any changes made to make anyone(other than the koolaid drinkers) think 2017 will be different.

We have four new position coaches and co-offensive coordinators.

Beyond that, he went out and signed six JUCO players to help with depth.

Are those the answers to all of our problems? Who knows, but at least it's a start. To sit back and act like we're entering 2017 in the same exact situation as we were in 2016 is simply wrong.

Corkscrew's response: "Doc won 33 games in 3 seasons. Last season was an anomaly. If you think different you're just a Pruett fanboy with a vendetta against Doc."
who cares? It is about the rings.

We have four new position coaches and co-offensive coordinators.

This is why people laugh at you.

Marshall doesn't have four new position coaches. They have two. Playing switcheroo within the staff doesn't make them new position coaches. It's the same guys out recruiting, the same guys coaching, etc.

If Marshall had all nine of their full-time assistants switch to a different position this year, would that mean they have nine new position coaches? Of course not. They would have retained their entire staff.

Stop with the bullshit. Not only does it give you no credibility, but it makes you look dumber than usual.

Oh, and for your "co-coordinators" comment. That's in title only. Legg is still calling the plays. I have no problem with that, but it seems like a majority of the other fans do.

Marshall doesn't have four new position coaches. They have two. Playing switcheroo within the staff doesn't make them new position coaches. It's the same guys out recruiting, the same guys coaching, etc.

Two new guys and two guys coaching positions they had no association with in previous seasons.

Beyond that, their recruiting roles have changed. For instance, the new TE's coach no longer has the final say on who we recruit at QB.

Two new guys and two guys coaching positions they had no association with in previous seasons.

Beyond that, their recruiting roles have changed. For instance, the new TE's coach no longer has the final say on who we recruit at QB.

so, two new coaches?

You're trying to argue that an offensive coordinator had no association with how and what the other positions on offense were coached? Just stop.

There are two new position coaches, not four. One of the two new position coaches is woefully raw in coaching. Another who is in-line for the tenth full-time position doesn't have much more experience.

This, of course, is after the bad hire blew up in Doc's face a week after making it.

Claiming that the hires he made (which were two new position coaches and a coach-in-waiting) were good, or even average, is not realistic. He was able to make a good hire with Brown. The others? Not so much.

Which means absolutely nothing. If you can recruit, you can recruit. It doesn't matter if you were a great recruiter on the east coast. You will be a great recruiter on the west coast. If you were great at recruiting running backs, you will also be great at recruiting safeties.

At this level, assuming the full-time guys have more than two years of NAIA experience, coaches can identify who are and aren't great players to go after. Switching positions doesn't change that unless they are switching regions based on personalities/experience/relationships in those regions.

To the staff, yes. To positions, no.

No, they still aren't "new position coaches" no matter how much you want to manipulate the commonly used meaning of the phrase.

Even back when I knew what was coming 13 years ago, I'd have never dreamed it would turn out as bad as it has. What did they win, 3 games in a 1-AA league? Hell, they've gone all the way back to the pre-Chaump days.

Just a terrible story, but I can't name two players on the team anymore. If it's not BCS level, I'm not caring about it.

Jesus you mods had no problem with myself and others quitting pay board over cracks made by moderators and rah rah crowd and you take shit from some of these clowns? Jesus

Do u want the board to just go away? Why is it herd fans is only place that knows how to moderate?

Jesus you mods had no problem with myself and others quitting pay board over cracks made by moderators and rah rah crowd and you take shit from some of these clowns? Jesus

Do u want the board to just go away? Why is it herd fans is only place that knows how to moderate?

When it comes to Pullman, I couldn't careless. I'm indifferent to the lifespan of this particular forum.

Beyond that, there are a handful (more in reality) of posters that I truly respect and feel as if they make OF and HN worthwhile. Then there's the majority of people who just kind of lurk and seldom post, which is fine too. After that, there are the "Chuck Landon's" of the site. Those are the ones that I look at like Pullman.

Last edited:
Uh, have you noticed it's not football season yet? What the hell else are we supposed to talk about?

Actually have real conversations on what you expect from the 2017 team. Talk about the returning players as well as the new players on the roster. Project lineups, win's and losses, etc......

Legg is still calling the plays. I have no problem with that, but it seems like a majority of the other fans do.

Please tell me this is not true. I'll save the trouble making plans to go to any games if this is the case.

Agreed. If Legg is still going to be calling the plays, then Doc shouldn't have bothered shifting anyone around. I just don't get that level of stupidity?

To the staff, yes. To positions, no.

Not to jump into the middle of a family squabble, but had rifle not called you out for this comment, it never would have been clarified and would appear as if Doc hired 4 new coaches in the offseason. The way it reads is very misleading. To say "four new position coaches" implies to me that you're stressing the words "new" and "coaches", meaning that "position" is simply an adjective used to describe 4 new coaches. To test the accuracy of your statement, you would remove the adjective and say "four new coaches," which would be inaccurate.

English is important, folks.

Last edited:
Not to jump into the middle of a family squabble, but had rifle not called you out for this comment, it never would have been clarified and would appear as if Doc hired 4 new coaches in the offseason. The way it reads is very misleading. To say "four new position coaches" implies to me that you're stressing the words "new" and "coaches", meaning that "position" is simply an adjective used to describe 4 new coaches. To test the accuracy of your statement, you would remove the adjective and say "four new coaches", which would be innaccurate.

English is important, folks.

Well, it's just assumed that anyone who was a fan would realize the difference.

I would have to question one's allegiance to the program if you're unaware of the fact that Goebbel and Legg were on staff last season.

Not that's it's my call, but if Josh and rifle want to have an open discussion about this here on Pullman I don't see an issue with it. We call each other SOB's here and wouldn't have a problem meeting up for a beer later.

Not that's it's my call, but if Josh and rifle want to have an open discussion about this here on Pullman I don't see an issue with it. We call each other SOB's here and wouldn't have a problem meeting up for a beer later.
Ok shit head

Only if you like IPA's. I've got a 15 pack of Founder's Centennial and a couple of sixes of Three Floyd's Zombie Dust in the fridge right now.
just happens to be my beer of choice. That and good porters. In fact, I'm about to drink my 4th pint of IPA after finishing up this post. I have about 20 breweries within a 20 mile radius of my house. I'm not that fond of Founders, but the Imperial is a good beer, with plenty of octane. One of the better IPA's, M-43, is what I'm about to pull the cap on. It's made by Old Nation, out of Williamson. Check out their site. The M-43 is the 1st of these new signature IPAs they're making. I'm off to a decent beer buzz, but I think they're making four of these.

Reactions: Raoul Duke MU
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT