ADVERTISEMENT

Saban is the greatest college coach ever. Tonight proved it.

i am herdman

Platinum Buffalo
Gold Member
Mar 5, 2006
I don't know if they will go on to win the national championship, but I gave them hardly any chance to win the game tonight. GA was the clear favorite and had a dominating defense. Alabama picked them apart. I gave Alabama no chance and Saban proved most people wrong. A few weeks ago I wasn't even sure if they were a playoff team. They almost lost to not so great Auburn team last week. Nobody wants to play them now.

Can you imagine saying Bear Bryant is the second best coach ever at Alabama?

Last edited:
I don't know if they will go on to win the national championship, but I gave them hardly any chance to win the game tonight. GA was the clear favorite and had a dominating defense. Alabama picked them apart. I gave Alabama no chance and Saban proved most people wrong. A few weeks ago I wasn't even sure if they were a playoff team. They almost lost to not so great Auburn team last week. Nobody wants to play them now.

Can you imagine saying Bear Bryant is the second best coach ever at Alabama?
I’d go:
1. Greed OW little league.
2. Governor Justice and pickup basketball.
3. Anyone that coaches Martinsburg football
4. Possibly Saban

They almost lost to not so great Auburn team last week.
Rivalry games are weird. But it's not like Bama suddenly didn't have a roster full of 5 and 4 stars.

Who can beat them? GA in a rematch? 50/50. I don't think Cincy can. Michigan, I am not sold on it either, they don't have the O beyond their great run game. Will OKS replace GA? They can't beat them.

I knew they were playing possum all year.

This is what you get with NFL length seasons. Teams saving it up for when they have to have it. Alabama has more talent and better coaching than anybody else. All year, they sat and laughed at people who thought they weren't still the best.

Rivalry games are weird. But it's not like Bama suddenly didn't have a roster full of 5 and 4 stars.

Who can beat them? GA in a rematch? 50/50. I don't think Cincy can. Michigan, I am not sold on it either, they don't have the O beyond their great run game. Will OKS replace GA? They can't beat them.
Georgia is in 100% , maybe the 3 seed. This is not one of Bama's best teams. He did a great job, because I didn't give them much of a chance in this game.

Reactions: Jartard

OK State lost to Baylor today.

My guess is

1) Alabama
2) Georgia
3) Michigan
4) Cincinnati

reason - Georgia’s only loss is to Alabama, so they are ahead of Michigan who lost to Michigan State. Plus Georgia was dominant all year.

2 or 3 really doesn’t make a difference anyway except for uniform color.

They won’t set up an Alabama Georgia rematch for the semi final. The committee wants that as the champ game. It will be
1. Mich
2. Alabama
3. UGA
4. Cincy

They won’t set up an Alabama Georgia rematch for the semi final. The committee wants that as the champ game. It will be
1. Mich
2. Alabama
3. UGA
4. Cincy
Check your post. In your ranking Alabama would play UGA is the semi. Doesn't 1 play 4. 2 plays 3?

Reactions: Jartard
All those rings Saban has proves he’s the GOAT. Last night was a clinic though, and shows you never underestimate people that are generally better than you. I thought this was Georgia’s best chance to beat Alabama. They could still beat them in the playoffs, but my confidence in Georgia dropped dramatically after last night. I think Michigan beats them in the playoffs. Michigan is strong.

1. Alabama
2. Michigan
3. Georgia
4. Cincinnati

Alabama defeats Michigan for the national championship.

My guess is

1) Alabama
2) Georgia
3) Michigan
4) Cincinnati

reason - Georgia’s only loss is to Alabama, so they are ahead of Michigan who lost to Michigan State. Plus Georgia was dominant all year.

2 or 3 really doesn’t make a difference anyway except for uniform color.

I have Michigan and Georgia flipped in my rankings, but it really doesn’t matter because they would still play each other. I just don’t see Michigan dropping a spot after winning their conference title in dominating fashion. Also, for those that do not have Alabama number one right now…they just beat the number one team in the country and many already thought they were the best. They will be number one when the new rankings come out.

Going to be interesting as Cincinnati moves to big 12 and probably get even better players. Ohio State has never had another team take some of the media and limelight in the same state. Not that Cincinnati will replace them but in certain years it could be that way.

Reactions: Chevy1
What Saban is able to do year in and year out is phenomenal.

This team is incredibly young with some inexperience. And the continuing coaching carousel of coordinators and assistants moving in and out seemingly every year while still maintaining consistent outcomes is ridiculous.

What Saban is able to do year in and year out is phenomenal.

This team is incredibly young with some inexperience. And the continuing coaching carousel of coordinators and assistants moving in and out seemingly every year while still maintaining consistent outcomes is ridiculous.
Which is what makes him the goat in any sport.

Been some good football coaches come out of WV.

Saban
Holtz
Jimbo Fisher
Bobby Pruett
Dick Rod who I have to give credit

Who am I missing?

All those rings Saban has proves he’s the GOAT. Last night was a clinic though, and shows you never underestimate people that are generally better than you. I thought this was Georgia’s best chance to beat Alabama. They could still beat them in the playoffs, but my confidence in Georgia dropped dramatically after last night. I think Michigan beats them in the playoffs. Michigan is strong.

1. Alabama
2. Michigan
3. Georgia
4. Cincinnati

Alabama defeats Michigan for the national championship.
Saban has 70% of the National titles Wooden has

Saban is a great coach, but he needs some kind of signature trademark. Like Bear’s houndstooth hat or Woody’s sweater.
Some day they will put up a statue of Saban, and without some hat, coat, sweater, or visor, he’ll look like any other guy on the street.

Think about how boring college football will be when Alabama beats Georgia again for this national championship.

It's not as good as '95 Nebraska, because '95 Nebraska had to win them all and won them all big. They didn't screw around and half ass half the season and even throw a game like Bama did this year.

Fvck it.

At this point, I'm going with the Michigan Wolverines to win the whole damn thing.

I can't even imagine how many beers I'm going to have on New Year's eve, but it's going to be a hell of a lot.

Whether they win it or not, Harbaugh is a hell of a story now.

For the sake of college football, I'm glad they gave him enough time to revive their program from the Barney Rubble and Rich Rod days. They were MAC level trash. Now they're Top 3, and all on physicality.

That said though, I expect the Michigan/Georgia game to be a hell of a yawner, 10-9 or something and then the winner gets stomped by Alabama.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT