ADVERTISEMENT

Scientists use cosmic rays to confirm viking legend

That article is pretty suspect because it says Erickson performed the first “circumnavigation of the globe” which I’ve never even seen claimed and he absolutely didn’t.

Also they’re sensationalizing a bit. We already knew about the settlement. This helps confirm the date but we already had pretty solid confirmation before this too. Never bad to get more, and it’s a cool method, but we don’t really know anything new here.

That article is pretty suspect because it says Erickson performed the first “circumnavigation of the globe” which I’ve never even seen claimed and he absolutely didn’t.
H&H, if I may, the article is suspect, because it says he "circumnavigated the globe."

Our board Scientologist says the 🌎 Earth is flat.

Reactions: Jartard
You realize this will go over the heads of many. Lol.
I don’t know…there’s some pretty smart people here. But for herdman I’ll explain it…it’s a play on the words circumnavigate and circumcision.

lol…jk

Also they’re sensationalizing a bit. We already knew about the settlement. This helps confirm the date but we already had pretty solid confirmation before this too. Never bad to get more, and it’s a cool method, but we don’t really know anything new here.
I caught that, too. Figured it was more hyperbole of being the first known human to travel that great a distance than a claim of actual circumnavigation of the entire earth.

I caught that, too. Figured it was more hyperbole of being the first known human to travel that great a distance than a claim of actual circumnavigation of the entire earth.
If so it’s a terrible choice of words, considering they’d already described exactly what he did and “circumnavigation” has a specific meaning.

I think the author didn’t know what circumnavigation means.

Reactions: ThunderCat98
If so it’s a terrible choice of words, considering they’d already described exactly what he did and “circumnavigation” has a specific meaning.

Maybe he thinks he found the Northwest Passage…which he didn’t.

Here’s the sentence he uses circumnavigate in…

“Their presence marks the earliest recorded instance of Europeans on the continent and the first known human circumnavigation of the globe.”

He sounds like he’s saying that their presence in North America coming from Europe was an example of circumnavigation. The author definitely doesn’t understand the word. By that standard, Columbus circumnavigated the globe as well.

Reactions: ThunderCat98
I don’t know…there’s some pretty smart people here. But for herdman I’ll explain it…it’s a play on the words circumnavigate and circumcision.

lol…jk
Oh I got , but you can have fun at my expense. Good think I am not Jewish or I would charge you for it.

• Haha
Reactions: GK4Herd
Oh I got , but you can have fun at my expense. Good think I am not Jewish or I would charge you for it.

Man…I give you a hard time for one reason…I know you don’t get bent out of shape. All in fun. You’re still my favorite faux moderator and I’d vote for you as Pullman’s most fun person to drink a beer with.

Reactions: i am herdman
Man…I give you a hard time for one reason…I know you don’t get bent out of shape. All in fun. You’re still my favorite faux moderator and I’d vote for you as Pullman’s most fun person to drink a beer with.
Thank you and I know. I don't get bent out of shape. I have had my moments but we all have I guess. All in good fun. Pullman is my escape mechanism. haha

For those interested in pre-Colombian contact, there’s a growing body of evidence that there were at least some one way trips, with survivors, between the pacific islands and South America. And they got busy, because some genes appear to have been passed down.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT