ADVERTISEMENT

Shafted....again

Herdmeister

Platinum Buffalo
Jan 18, 2006
Once again Jon Elmore is overlooked by a grad transfer at MTSU. Nick King is a top 5 in rebounding and scoring. That is what the conference website is touting. What about Jon being #1 in scoring and assists?

Of course I was hoping for Danny to win the Coach of The Year award but I can live with Steve Henson. He took a team picked lower than us and eneded #5

Once again Jon Elmore is overlooked by a grad transfer at MTSU. Nick King is a top 5 in rebounding and scoring. That is what the conference website is touting. What about Jon being #1 in scoring and assists?

Of course I was hoping for Danny to win the Coach of The Year award but I can live with Steve Henson. He took a team picked lower than us and eneded #5

Couldn't agree more. CUSA went with the lazy approach and simply picked the best player on the best team.

Reason number 34,567 to leave Conference USA... Elmore, by every statistical measure imaginable, was the MVP of C-USA. Take King away from MTSU and they are still a great team - take Elmore away from us and we would be lucky to win 10 games. Not trying to belittle the other guys on the team, but he is absolutely the straw that stirs the drink. He makes Penava better, helps create lanes for Burks to drive by being a "no-help" shooting threat, pushes the ball in transition, and rebounds to start our transition game. In the immortal words of Dean Wormer... "fat, drunk, and stupid is no way to go through life" - clearly, whomever has a hand in deciding who the C-USA player of the year is didnt get that memo.

Reason number 34,567 to leave Conference USA... Elmore, by every statistical measure imaginable, was the MVP of C-USA. Take King away from MTSU and they are still a great team - take Elmore away from us and we would be lucky to win 10 games. Not trying to belittle the other guys on the team, but he is absolutely the straw that stirs the drink. He makes Penava better, helps create lanes for Burks to drive by being a "no-help" shooting threat, pushes the ball in transition, and rebounds to start our transition game. In the immortal words of Dean Wormer... "fat, drunk, and stupid is no way to go through life" - clearly, whomever has a hand in deciding who the C-USA player of the year is didnt get that memo.

The problem with that thought is... Where do we go?

The Power 5 aint callin, the AAC doesn't want us, the MAC has a worse TV deal, crappier bowl tie-ins and shittier basketball/baseball than we have now. The Sun Belt sucks.

So unless we can create a new league of some kind (and we cant) we are all dressed up with no place to go for the foreseeable future. Best we can hope for is a few of the traditionally weak CUSA schools (Charlotte, ODU, UTEP, Rice) get it together in football and we make the best of it on the hardwood, where CUSA actually has some potential with MTSU, WKU, ODU, UAB and us.

Reactions: W-S HerdFan
Couldn't agree more. CUSA went with the lazy approach and simply picked the best player on the best team.
Believe me, I am NOT one to take up for the conference leadership, but you do realize that the media votes for this award. I believe we have 2 votes. McCann and Smock. I can assure you both voted for Jon and Danny.

Reactions: ToesMU
The problem with that thought is... Where do we go?

The Power 5 aint callin, the AAC doesn't want us, the MAC has a worse TV deal, crappier bowl tie-ins and shittier basketball/baseball than we have now. The Sun Belt sucks.

So unless we can create a new league of some kind (and we cant) we are all dressed up with no place to go for the foreseeable future. Best we can hope for is a few of the traditionally weak CUSA schools (Charlotte, ODU, UTEP, Rice) get it together in football and we make the best of it on the hardwood, where CUSA actually has some potential with MTSU, WKU, ODU, UAB and us.
Hard for any of the media to see Jon play more than twice per year since the only conference in the world that has a worse TV deal than C-USA is the Nairobi Junior National League.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT