ADVERTISEMENT

SHR - Congrats Dana Altman

Keep in mind he is responsible for the Creighton program being where it is today as well. I would imagine to see similar results at Oregon.

Sister I know you mean the "college basketball world." Doubt other countries would care.

Just sadly illustrates MU's real place in the world of Big Time College Athletics. Dana and Billy Donovan just show the fact that while MU may occasionally attract a real quality head coach, with abilities capable of taking a program or programs to the top, it does not have the name, reputation, resources, etc., etc., to keep such coaches around long enough to do what both Donovan and Altman have achieved at schools who are much, much more resource and financially endowed than MU will ever be.

Reactions: dangerousdaneerfan
Just sadly illustrates MU's real place in the world of Big Time College Athletics. Dana and Billy Donovan just show the fact that while MU may occasionally attract a real quality head coach, with abilities capable of taking a program or programs to the top, it does not have the name, reputation, resources, etc., etc., to keep such coaches around long enough to do what both Donovan and Altman have achieved at schools who are much, much more resource and financially endowed than MU will ever be.

You sound surprised.

You sound surprised.

No, not really. It is what it is. If a school like Virginia Commonwealth, with 30,000 students in a growing metropolitan area like Richmond, which pours a boatload of resources into its basketball program (they don't have football at VCU), can lose a top quality coach like Shaka Smart to Texas, then horribly underfunded Marshall operating in a drug invested, decaying rust belt locale like Huntington should expect a similar fate. Simple enough.

Reactions: dangerousdaneerfan
Well, if Dan can put us in a good position within CUSA winning a few championships and a win or 2 in the NCAA's (Not sure that will get done - needs to figure out how to up the Defense, and get a bit lucky with good matchups in the NCAA's) I don't see him going anywhere. If he is able to push us to a top school in CUSA(guys I DID SAY IF) with proper picks of coaches after Dan retires (don't see him going anywhere else), not worrying they will stay more than 2 or 3 years, we should be fine. If Dan's teams crash and burn or we pick suscessors because they will stay forever, will will be back to the medocrity where we have been in B-ball for years. Remembering where we were a couple year ago in B-ball and where we are now, I am optimistic. Got 15 or so games the rest of this year to see what happens. This is all predicated on Dan moving us forward. I hope that happens , If it does not then we are not worse off than we were when Dan was hired.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT