ADVERTISEMENT

SHR; Marshall Health and $50M Prichard Redevelopment

Wasn't there major utility (water line main) under the lot that made the cost of development (moving utilities, removing contaminated soil) prohibitive?

I always thought that parcel was too small for a baseball stadium facility anyway. The original design looked like it was crammed into the land. Maybe Marshall made a profit on it's sale???
If you have a company like Kroger or Publix that wants to put a new grocery store at that location it cant be too contaminated. Marshall could have got brownfield grants to clean up that property. Use it as a parking lot for football games until they need the land for development. In a few years i bet everyone will be asking why Marshall's leadership sold that property

It seems like Marshall future plans involve moving west towards downtown. The soccer complex being the outlier.
Yup, I'm pretty sure they even made an official statement on that in their most recent Master Plan. Their initial plan was to move everything basically in between The Joan and The Vet. Now the plan is completely down Fourth, which I personally like more than the previous plan.

Yup, I'm pretty sure they even made an official statement on that in their most recent Master Plan. Their initial plan was to move everything basically in between The Joan and The Vet. Now the plan is completely down Fourth, which I personally like more than the previous plan.
I think down 4th is fine, just to bad no one else has ever wanted to step up and develop the 2-3-4 blocks into restaurants and nice apartments and shops.. Marshall starts the first remodeling maybe others will want in..

MAKE 4TH AVE GREAT AGAIN!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT