ADVERTISEMENT

snookered in singapore

dherd

Platinum Buffalo
Feb 23, 2007
Within North Korea, the “very special bond” that Trump claimed to have formed with Kim will be portrayed this way: Kim forced the American president, through his nuclear and missile tests, to accept North Korea as a nuclear equal, to provide security guarantees to North Korea, and to cancel war games with South Korea that the North has protested for decades.

In exchange for these concessions, Trump seems to have won astonishingly little. In a joint statement, Kim merely “reaffirmed” the same commitment to denuclearization of the Korean Peninsula that North Korea has repeatedly made since 1992.

There was nothing about North Korea freezing plutonium and uranium programs, nothing about destroying intercontinental ballistic missiles, nothing about allowing inspectors to return to nuclear sites, nothing about North Korea making a full declaration of its nuclear program, nothing about a timetable, nothing about verification, not even any clear pledge to permanently halt testing of nuclear weapons or long-range missiles.

the bottom line is that there’s no indication that North Korea is prepared to give up its nuclear weapons, and Trump didn’t achieve anything remotely as good as the Iran nuclear deal, which led Iran to eliminate 98 percent of its enriched uranium.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/06/12/...-left-region&WT.nav=opinion-c-col-left-region

It hasn't been 24 hours and you want to compare one meeting to 5 years of negotiations with Iran?

I posted this in the thread praising Trump so I’ll post the same here...if Obama did the exact same thing that Trump just did you’d be singing his praises. Success and failure isn’t being judged by what happens, but rather it’s being judged by who did it. Intellectual dishonesty.

I posted this in the thread praising Trump so I’ll post the same here...if Obama did the exact same thing that Trump just did you’d be singing his praises. Success and failure isn’t being judged by what happens, but rather it’s being judged by who did it. Intellectual dishonesty.
Fat Boy had to sit down because he was scared he was going to take one down the smoke stack and he was.

Given Raoul's position in the other thread, I'm confused by his support of this post.

Given Raoul's position in the other thread, I'm confused by his support of this post.

I click "like" for many reasons, not always because I agree with something.

In this case, I know dherd is full of shit and if Obama did the exact same as Trump in this case he'd be waving the victory here. So I agree with GK in criticizing dherd. I would say the same if either Obama or Trump did the exact same thing here.

Honestly I'd have less bad to say about Trump and this summit if 1.) Trump didn't promise so much more (that is, Trump was full of shit as usual), and 2.) Trump lovers were not acting like peace has been achieved. It's just dumb.

i heard someone say something to day that pretty much sums it up." trump doesnt do deals - he just goes around giving things away and shaking hands".

For now, all we know is that Mr. Trump has made major concessions, while Mr. Kim made fewer commitments than North Korea has made to past administrations and merely reaffirmed a goal of “denuclearization” that North Korea first announced in 1992. For his part, Mr. Trump announced he would provide North Korea with security guarantees and suspend joint military exercises with the South Koreans. As he gushed about the virtues of the North Korean dictator, just a day after he savaged some of America’s closest democratic allies, he even endorsed the North Korean view of such joint exercises as “provocative.”

stunned South Korean officials worried that Mr. Trump was making concessions too fast.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/06/12/...-left-region&WT.nav=opinion-c-col-left-region

We conduct joint training with SK to practice killing N. Koreans. So yeah, suspending that training is an obvious concession when the end goal is creating a peaceful peninsula. This shouldn't surprise anyone.

Look at the big picture. Suspending (key word), joint training in exchange for de-nuking a sociopath is a hell of a deal. We're giving up next to nothing and it goes hand in hand with Trump wanting to withdraw troops from SK. Those are 2 huge wins, Dtard.

Iran Deal (bad):

Limits on Plutonium enrichment.
Limits on Uranium enrichment.
Limits on centrifuges.
Unfettered UN access and inspections.

North Korea Agreement (good):

None of the above.
No humanitarian rights reforms.

We conduct joint training with SK to practice killing N. Koreans. So yeah, suspending that training is an obvious concession when the end goal is creating a peaceful peninsula. This shouldn't surprise anyone.

Look at the big picture. Suspending (key word), joint training in exchange for de-nuking a sociopath is a hell of a deal.

Put in place actual denuclearlization procedures and then do it. Those drills are also to let China know we are ready to kick ass.

Reactions: HerdFan76

Look at the big picture. Suspending (key word), joint training in exchange for de-nuking a sociopath is a hell of a deal. We're giving up next to nothing and it goes hand in hand with Trump wanting to withdraw troops from SK. Those are 2 huge wins, Dtard.

oh, well that changes everything, because the only thing agreed to was what they agreed to way back in 1992.
I missed the signing ceremony where n. Korea agreed to inspections and total de nuclearization.
how did I miss that?

the whimpy scenario - I will gladly pay you Tuesday for a hamburger today.

I missed the signing ceremony where n. Korea agreed to inspections and total de nuclearization.
how did I miss that?

Please guarantee us this will never happen. Would that be enough embarrassment to make you disappear again?

I'm with sisters from the other thread...let's wait and see. So far nothing to complain about. Even with the Iran Deal, that agreement is as good as Iran's willingness to comply. They could kick out UN inspectors and reboot their program as quickly as they desire.

The key to all of this is "willingness to comply." In most cases that has nothing to do with who or what party is the president. But that certainly doesn’t prevent partisans from claiming victory or dispensing blame based on the whims of daffy dictators.

I like what I'm seeing thus far. Most seem to be under the false impression these things can be worked out overnight. This whole situation is going to be an ongoing process for years, perhaps decades. Ask yourself, are we better off today than we were a few months back, when missiles were flying over Japan? I think the answer is an astounding yes.

The one good thing I feel separated Trump from previous administrations is that are foes likely understand that Trump will destroy them if necessary.

Additionally, I want to believe that Kim sees this as a means of staying in power, with a decent chance of having long term prosperity for his country. The key words being, I want to believe that. He and he alone will dictate if this is going to be a success or not. I doubt he'll ever get a better deal than the one currently on the table. There's also a lot of shit likely going on that none of us are privy to.

South and North Korea confirmed the common goal of realizing, through complete denuclearization, a nuclear-free Korean Peninsula, South and North Korea shared the view that the measures being initiated by North Korea are very meaningful and crucial for the denuclearization of the Korean Peninsula and agreed to carry out their respective roles and responsibilities in this regard. South and North Korea agreed to actively seek the support and cooperation of the international community for the denuclearization of the Korean Peninsula.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT