ADVERTISEMENT

So do we play Morrell now?

I'm not getting into a Green Vs. Thompson debate. The thing that pisses me off is that Doc frigged around with Litton so long that he failed to recruit an adequate quarterback for the future. This is unacceptable when we've had Chad Pennington, Byron Leftwich, Michael Payton, Rakeem Cato, etc., etc. Even players like Todd Donnan and Carl Fodor were more solid than what we've had these last several years!

Amen Tim! Cato has been Doc’s only good QB recruit in my opinion. In 9 years, that’s pathetic.

Reactions: Elkview
No sh!t Sherlock. It was a hypothetical question. I'm not sure you're capable of even trying to think outside of the tiny box in which you operate. No wonder no one on here likes you.

That would make sense if there weren’t actually people who seemingly don’t like or continue to bash the kid.

My answer was directed at them, not you.

I'm not getting into a Green Vs. Thompson debate. The thing that pisses me off is that Doc frigged around with Litton so long that he failed to recruit an adequate quarterback for the future. This is unacceptable when we've had Chad Pennington, Byron Leftwich, Michael Payton, Rakeem Cato, etc., etc. Even players like Todd Donnan and Carl Fodor were more solid than what we've had these last several years!

Thanks Tim

Most of the drops are on him but he had some that were behind the receiver or thrown high, or low, etc. Plus the pass attempts that were no where near the receiver.

Let's hope that we can land a couple of good QB recruits for next season. Along with more OL talent.
I'm thinking we have early commitments from 2 promising QB candidates...I'm just holding my breath that one or both might de-commit from being offered by more attractive programs. Wells has an offer from Yale
and Underwood, playing for a high profile team against high profile competition is drawing a lot of
interest and will probably get offers from AAC level teams.
I’d put Levi Brown at qb
that is funny...maybe he could learn the importance of blocking for the QB.

So now everyone who is hesitant to anoint IG as the next great QB at Marshall and refuses to bury AT is a racist? That’s an interesting take.
That racism call came from WAY out in left field...NOBODY can be a racist and claim to be a college football fan...we actually see many teams that start 22 black kids/young men & even we Marshall fans recognize that Leftwich & Cato as being 2 of our top 3 QBs.

The fact we are debating which qb sucks more speaks volumes as to the circumstances Doc has us in.
With Doc's recruiting and developing QBs, we are much worse off tha just being up the creek without a paddle...we are up that well known creek without even the canoe. We don't even have a legit QB coach...Where is Tony Peterson when we desperately need him?

Reactions: Elkview and herd66
I know it’s not a popular opinion but I think AT is going to be just fine. He needs to take some pepper off the ball but as the game progressed, he looked much better.

Brady picked the wrong night to drop every thing thrown his way and wel. the line looked like they regressed. Coaching, then those two things were even bigger issues imo.

Doc needs to just get the F out of the offense.

I apologize to Bill Legg.

Same here. My apologies to Mr Legg

Why did Doc offer the kid at George Washington HS? I have watched him play and nothing spectacular to see. He will be several years waiting.

Reactions: cottrell75
This program needs an enema! Just a complete mental reset. We have the talent. And let’s call what we have as it is: A freshman qb who is going to have growing pains. I hope the o line finally gets it now. They blazed paths that one could drive a Mack truck through.

Defense got gassed. I just don’t understand why we stopped trying to blitz. I know they added an extra blocking back, but I guess the d got tired because we became so one dimensional.

And I am just a fan and don’t pretend to have any football knowledge other than the 40 of my 45 years watching it (played midget league at Cammack and went to St Joe). I just feel we should be doing better than what we are considering what we had coming back.

I want so much better for guys like Ryan and the other seniors that the trajectory than this team might be on.

Last edited:
This weeks game is huge... Before the season I thought we would be 4-2 right now (NCSU and S. Carolina being the losses) and I had ODU chalked up as an easy win. Well, we are 3-2 and nobody left on the schedule feels like an "easy" win anymore.

You can hire and fire all the assistant coaches you want-when the head coach is inept and he and his boss are irreplaceable, things don't get better....they get worse. No QB can succeed when they arent being coached to succeed. Cato did it on pure desire vs coaching. That is not the norm anymore. Thompson and Green are just victims of consequence right now.

That racism call came from WAY out in left field...NOBODY can be a racist and claim to be a college football fan...we actually see many teams that start 22 black kids/young men & even we Marshall fans recognize that Leftwich & Cato as being 2 of our top 3 QBs.
Unfortunately that's not true...go to a football game in the south...lol. On the flip side, there is nothing that bonds this country quite like college football...heck, even high school football. My youngest son is the only white kid playing a skill position on offense and the only white kid in the secondary...he's not judged, the parents view him as a player. Once you put on a jersey, that is your color. I sat with a 73 year old black man this past week at his game whose grandson is a LB, all we talked about was football(though he did make a remark about Kavanaugh being confirmed that I acted like I didn't hear). Good people are good people.

Why did Doc offer the kid at George Washington HS? I have watched him play and nothing spectacular to see. He will be several years waiting.
I hate to say it, but I agree. The kid is an athlete, so maybe a position change in his future.

Two points for the sake of fairness... 1. His throws did look better in the second half. Drops, and we had a bunch, are not on him... 2. With how the line was playing in the second half we are lucky he isnt in the hospital.
Yeah, he did look better in the 2nd half despite the lack of points, and it seemed like MT blitzed on every play in the 2nd half to stuff the run game and get pressure on Thomson. We could have taken advantage, but you have to have more time to throw the ball than a millisecond, and I'm not even sure there were any hot route calls.

With Doc's recruiting and developing QBs, we are much worse off tha just being up the creek without a paddle...we are up that well known creek without even the canoe. We don't even have a legit QB coach...Where is Tony Peterson when we desperately need him?
Again, Cramsey was a multi-year starter at QB at New Hampshire, and has been a QB coach for most of his coaching career.o_O

Reactions: 31Herd55
Well, he actually looks like a good fit for our offensive system and the recruiting services have him rated as a composite 3-star QB. Hell, ESPN has him rated as a 3/5.6 level recruit with a 3-star/76 Grade and ranked about #30 at his position.

Smart kid (3.7 GPA). Above average arm strength. Quick release. Mobile. Similar HS system. Good background. Coachable. Early enrollee.

Will be able to red-shirt and develop versus having to playing to play early on.

No problem. Everyone forgets that Legg isn't the OC/QB coach anymore and we all know most of his experience was as an OL coach. Honestly, I don't think Cramsey has had enough time with them yet to make a big impact and it will likely be next season before we can measure his impact. Green has talent, but there is a hell of a lot to fix with his mechanics and footwork and he is only a Freshman so he should grow a lot in the mental aspects of the position as well. As for Thomson, he is somewhat of the finished article because of the QB coach he had at Wagner and form working with Simms, so he can grow more in terms of mastering the offense and execution on the field, and he should improve in those areas if he continues to play due to Green's injury.

I have seen cramsey go to green or thomson to coach them up after a mistake, so I know he is doing it and his track record shouldn't leave a lot of doubt

Haha...a position change may help him right now...lol. Due to what's going on, wonder if Gaines will get any looks in practice since he has NO future as a TE?

Maybe they can move Gaines to center where he might have a better chance "in a crowd" of actually making contact when he tries to block than he did at the TE position!! :)

A couple points I need to make. First, it doesn't matter who plays at QB as long as the O line is this bad. None of them are going to have much success. It's hard if not impossible to make accurate assessments on how good each QB is given the poor O line play.

Second, Green throws off his back foot for much of the same reasons Litton did and that is because he is moving to avoid pressure which goes back to the O line play. It's hard to step into your throws when you have a defender in your face or you are moving because of the pressure. It was clear last year (at least to a few of us) the O line had problems on many occasions and it shouldnt be a surprise they are having problems again this year..

Reactions: Clarence Woodworth
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT