ADVERTISEMENT

So much for scheduling W's

Told you he scheduled the worst OOC schedule in Marshall basketball history in the lane attempt to keep his job.

I hope Spears shows the same balls for firing mediocrity in the basketball and football coaches like he did for baseball coaches who were provided with complete ass for funding and facilities.

Last edited:
i have a feeling he will announce his retirement before the season ends.
I wouldn't bet on that. It should have happened after last season when his deal expired. There was a clean break for everyone and instead we gave him a 1 year deal and then allowed him to make a complete joke of schedule after criticizing how the SBC was step down from CUSA in terms of basketball.

I wouldn't bet on that. It should have happened after last season when his deal expired. There was a clean break for everyone and instead we gave him a 1 year deal and then allowed him to make a complete joke of schedule after criticizing how the SBC was step down from CUSA in terms of basketball.
Agreed... He has too much ego/pride to step down during the season.

At the end of what is already looking like it will be a disappointing season, DD will "retire" and take on another role in the Shewey with some made up title and minor salary/pension.

The question is, who is Spears putting on his candidate list for next year?

I dont know Bleeds it is different now. We have a new AD. This would be a win win for everyone. DD goes out on his terms and we move forward without having to fire one of our favorite Sons of Marshall

Spears wasn't gonna fire him that soon after getting the job. That's why he was given just a one year deal. Make this season his last hurrah and then make the break.

Last night proved to me that DD can’t or won’t change. We are still playing Rec Center basketball. Hoist up long range shots that we have a low percentage of hitting, and ignore playing any significant defense.

Reactions: RhinoD
I love hillbilly ball. With that being said, I would rather WIN!!! The last 3 minutes of play was horrible. It’s a 30 second shot clock not a 10 second clock. We’re up by 5 and trying to go up 10 and LOSE! No court management. IMO, I would sit Andy Taylor on the bench, far side of the bench and preach to him to handle the game and not put up prayers when we should be driving to the hoop and drawing free throws. No way we should have lost that game. For the very first time I must say Danny is not performing well. I believe we lost because of coaching.

Last night proved to me that DD can’t or won’t change. We are still playing Rec Center basketball. Hoist up long range shots that we have a low percentage of hitting, and ignore playing any significant defense.
This is the one constant in Hillbilly Ball....we guard no one! A water bucket would get layups!

DD doesn't deserve some made up role or job.........he has not earned it. He has a job how about performing in it for a change.

They are the top ASUN team… D1
I’m not sure if you are joking, I think you are, Queens was voted at the bottom of their new league. Liberty and Jacksonville U were voted 1 - 2 pre-season.

Spears wasn't gonna fire him that soon after getting the job. That's why he was given just a one year deal. Make this season his last hurrah and then make the break.
He wasn't being fired. His contract was up. It was an easy way for everyone to just walk away. Now because we went the sentimental route we just sustained one of the most embarrassing losses in program history.

It's time to start treating coaches like hired employees like they are instead of heroes and deities.

Fact is if hie last name were not D'Antoni he's already be gone.

By classification they were, but that is a D-II roster. Again we should have ran them off the floor. Instead their assistant coach outcoached Dan.

One could draw the conclusion after last night that our players aren't D-I caliber after all.
What is their assistant coach doing next season?... Think he might like mountains and catchy t-shirts?

Last edited:
Reactions: BleedsGreen33
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT