ADVERTISEMENT

So No Grant

bbneutralfan

Gold Buffalo
Sep 29, 2010
Appears that former Herd QB and transfer to Virginia Tech will not be playing against his former teammates. Word out of Blacksburg is that the number two QB got the starting nod against the Herd.

Sounds like VT is conceding. Like let's just go lose this one and move on. Jeez Wells is a good QB. No reason he should not be playing.

Wells was a little banged up going into Rutgers, but he dressed and could have played against them. The bigger problem at VPI is their OL. While Wells is a much better passer than Drones, they feel that Drones' running ability gives them a better chance given their lack of QB protection.

Reactions: W-S HerdFan
So he's played 3 seasons and 3 games which averages out to 11 per season. Whoa!

I will never understand the hatred for Wells.
It’s all about timing of the picks. They came at the worst time during games. As another poster said he could never handle pressure, was too good for us in Huntington and got benched at vt. If he was as good as claimed he’d be playing somewhere

Reactions: Jartard
A few points here...

Wells did not practice the last two days but still has "not been ruled out"... So there is still a chance he's in there. He will definitely dress (he did last week) and probably be the "emergency QB"

VT just suspended their 3rd string QB, freshman Pop Watson, indefinitely for "a violation of team rules/policies."

So basically their QB depth chart is -- Drones (healthy, started last week), Lyttle? (a freshman who is hopefully redshirting and was #4 to start the year), Wells (who is banged up).

If there was ever a year to beat these guys... It's this year.

Wells with another "injury". Is it a "concussion"?? I say this having been one of the last defenders of his potential to be great here. The guy quit on this team the last few games he was here. He was mailing it in because he knew he was leaving. I joked with an old friend of mine at the beginning of the season..."he will be injured when he comes to Huntington."

Wells with another "injury". Is it a "concussion"?? I say this having been one of the last defenders of his potential to be great here. The guy quit on this team the last few games he was here. He was mailing it in because he knew he was leaving. I joked with an old friend of mine at the beginning of the season..."he will be injured when he comes to Huntington."
never forget Wells running out of bounds 6 inches short of first down against Louisiana in bowl game.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT