ADVERTISEMENT

Some positive US Olympic news

KyMUfan

Platinum Buffalo
Gold Member
Dec 31, 2020
This is some throwback Olympic stuff - non-mainstream team sport. US wins first gold in 64 years.

Katie Ledecky is now most decorated US Olympic female athlete.

Biles and Lee gold and bronze

Others?

Reactions: Raoul Duke MU

Some positive US Olympic news​

As opposed to negative U.S. Olympic news? The entire event has been positive for the U.S. We are dominating the medal count. Our favorites have dominated what they were supposed to. Where has there been any negative U.S. Olympic news?

Anybody watching trampoline? They’re hitting heights of 26-27 ft during the routines

Anybody watching trampoline? They’re hitting heights of 26-27 ft during the routines
eb3QEsU.gif

Men's Skeet
American great Vincent Hancock won his fourth Olympic gold in men's skeet...

Defending champion Hancock edged out compatriot Conner Prince, who settled for the silver,
while Taiwan's Lee Meng Yuan took bronze.

Archery Mixed Doubles

For the Americans, the bronze-medal win has history-making implications for 35-year-old Ellison, who is competing in his fifth Olympic Games. He is now the most decorated American archer (two silver, two bronze). His teammate, Kaufhold, who is a mere 20 years old, earned her first Olympic medal. This is the United States' first medal in archery since the 2016 Rio Olympics.

Men's 10,000m
After finishing fifth in the 10,000m in Tokyo, Grant Fisher arrived in Paris and etched his name into history.

Fisher stormed late for a bronze medal in the men's 10,000m race, becoming the second American man to win a medal in the event in the past 56 years. The last American man to do so was Galen Rupp in 2012 when he won silver.

Here's a positive. We improved from a bronze in 2020 to a silver in 2024.

"Bol, whose best race is the 400 hurdles, ran the anchor lap in 47.93 seconds, and the Netherlands team of Omalla, Lieke Klaver, Isaya Klein Ikkink and Bol won the race at the Paris Olympics on Saturday in 3 minutes, 7.43 seconds -- 0.31 clear of the United States."

Silver and bronze in men's tennis doubles.

Austin Krajicek and Rajeev Ram lost a tough 3rd set tiebreak to the Aussies.

Three tennis medals in 2016. None in 2020. Nice recovery from the Coco Gauff early losses.

To reinforce KYJelly's point about the U.S. having an awful Olympics . . .

The U.S. finished with the most gold. The U.S. finished with the most silver. The U.S. finished with the most bronze.

The U.S. had nearly 40% more medals than the next closest country in the standings. What an awful Olympics by the Americans.

Reactions: herdfan429
To reinforce KYJelly's point about the U.S. having an awful Olympics . . .

The U.S. finished with the most gold. The U.S. finished with the most silver. The U.S. finished with the most bronze.

The U.S. had nearly 40% more medals than the next closest country in the standings. What an awful Olympics by the Americans.
And we have less than 25% of their population. Yeah they ought to have some good athletes in 1.4B people.

Big success for team USA.

just bow out. It was a successful Olympics

Look at the context of this thread and the other thread. I have never said it wasn't a successful Olympics for the US nor would it not be. Basically it was a typical Olympics for US. The US had some good breaks and some bad breaks. The US won some medals they didn't expect to win and lost some they were supposed to win.

My original premise was the Olympics don't seem to be as popular as they once were. Viewship and interest seems to be lower than it was when I was younger. There are many reasons for this, probably the biggest is at one time you had the choice of 3 networks, one of which was carrying the Olympics.

The idiot you are playing white knight for misrepresented what I posted and said the US was winning 35% of all medals. So nice play by you...

Look at the context of this thread and the other thread. I have never said it wasn't a successful Olympics for the US nor would it not be. Basically it was a typical Olympics for US. The US had some good breaks and some bad breaks. The US won some medals they didn't expect to win and lost some they were supposed to win.

My original premise was the Olympics don't seem to be as popular as they once were. Viewship and interest seems to be lower than it was when I was younger. There are many reasons for this, probably the biggest is at one time you had the choice of 3 networks, one of which was carrying the Olympics.
In other words, your obsession with me forced you to take an unbelievably stupid position which you have gotten blasted on. Get over your obsession.

Let's review what you said:
In 2016 the US won 121 medals.

In 2020 the US won 113 medals.

In 2024 the US is projected to win 112 medals.

You claimed there was a pattern. Unfortunately for you, the U.S. finished with 126 medals. And that was done with fewer events this year. Doh!

The idiot you are playing white knight for misrepresented what I posted and said the US was winning 35% of all medals. So nice play by you...
We've been through that countless times. I messed up thinking you were intelligent enough to not count men's basketball as three medal opportunities, considering each country can only win one medal in that event (and many others). We all now know that 1) you aren't intelligent enough to understand that and 2) you're dishonest, because even though that has been mentioned numerous times, you continue to hide from it.

If you told ky that Marshall would win every game this year he would argue that there’s no way they win Bama/UGA so they can’t win every game.

@riflearm2

I'll let your words speak for themselves...

You mentioned 329 medals when you should have said events. You directly followed up with the US would win 35% of the medals. You were WRONG but yet you keep doubling down that that was not what you meant.

Again, your own words and you can't run and hide from them.

There are 206 countries competing for 329 medals. The U.S. will get about 35% of the medals

As for trend analysis - there is a trend. Sorry you are too stupid to see it.

In 2016 the US won 121 of 972 medals awarded for 12.45% (note - these include TEAM medals as has always been the norm in how medals are counted no matter how hard your are trying to cover your mistakes).

In 2020 the US won 113 of 1080 medals awarded for 10.46% while Russis won 71 medals.

In 2024 the US won 126 of 1044 medals awarded for 12.07%.

Had Russia competed and won a similar amount of medals as 2020 and of those 71 medals if 17 of them displaced US medals the US would have had a similar result as 4 years ago.

The US had a successful Olympics and was somewhat typical in medal count and %. It was far from dominating and it wasn't as successful as 2016 was even with Russia competing.

Why you are trying to argue these things is beyond me. It's both funny and sad at the same time.

If you told ky that Marshall would win every game this year he would argue that there’s no way they win Bama/UGA so they can’t win every game.

Maybe you should start with 35% of the games. That seems to be the question at hand... 🥱🥱🥱

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT