ADVERTISEMENT

OFFICIAL PICK THE SCORE THREAD Southern Miss

We cannot have multiple 3 and outs and leave our defense on the field against this offense. If we do that and don't turn the ball over more than once, we win by 6.

27-21

I don't like our chances in a shootout. We don't have the offensive firepower.

On a short week, home field advantage is magnified…

Herd - 31
USM - 27

Herd-35
USM-24

I am not buying into USM yet. Texas St. has been blasted by every FBS team but USM. North Texas may very well be the most regressed team in CUSA. Nebraska is not the Nebraska we used to know, losing to Ill, Miami (not very good), and BYU (not as good as last year), they may very well be the equal of Purdue. So I don't buy the little moral victory there of only losing by 8 to them. Looking over on CUSAbbs, you would think they are 5-0 and not 3-2. I respect them, conference needs them, but they are still a year away from really contending, even if vastly improved over the last few years. This may be a close game, but it wont be because they are so great.

You guys are dreaming. This is a loss. The team is still not playing well even against poor competition.

Southern Miss is making a comeback. And we are in a rutt.

Marshall will take its lumps this week.

Eagles 34
Marshall 17

Playing at home gets us over the hump. Late Nick Smith FG wins it. 28-27

28-27 on a field goal huh? That would be an interesting scenario. Miss 3 PAT'S then hit a miraculous game winner?

Or maybe 3 TDS and 2 safeties?

3 TDS, a field goal and one of them Canadian touchbacks?

We cannot have multiple 3 and outs and leave our defense on the field against this offense. If we do that and don't turn the ball over more than once, we win by 6.

27-21

I don't like our chances in a shootout. We don't have the offensive firepower.
We have the fire power, its just when will that Firepower be on target.

Not sure if we want to get into an offensive explosion type game with them. I think we win if we hold USM under 24 points. If it gets much higher, we might be in trouble. I'll go 24-21 Herd!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT